Things that annoy you (6 Viewers)

fellatio_Martinez

While on that subject

When you go out to eat and they come over while you have a mouthful of food to ask about it.

What's the point?

They want your tip and they want it badly.

Overly attentive waiting staff are exhaustingly annoying unless I'm on the piss and I can get them to fetch me a beer on each visit or the waitress is pretty and I can mildly flirt with her and imagine for a brief moment that I'm single again and life is worth living.

OffenhamSkyBlue

It's become a thing to walk to work with a takeaway coffee. Costs you a bomb if you multiply it up over the year. Take a flask. You're not Gordon Gecko or an LA detective.
Better still - go to a drive-thru Costa, Starbuck's, etc and spill the fucker in your lap while trying to be a c**t and drink it while driving! Who the FUCK thought that was a good idea - phones are FAR less of a hazard!

fellatio_Martinez

It's become a thing to walk to work with a takeaway coffee. Costs you a bomb if you multiply it up over the year. Take a flask. You're not Gordon Gecko or an LA detective.

A Caffe Nero opened up near our office recently and almost everyone would buy 1-2 cups a day. It's the cool thing to do. Buy a £10 croissant and you're a fucking well cool person with money in the bank.

A work friend that sits near me despises coffee, but hates being left out more. So he bought a hot chocolate from Caffe Nero and since just fills the takeaway cup up everyday with tap water. He even sips it and says things like "Hmm, that's a good cup of coffee"

The lengths people go to fit in.

Tommo1993

Better still - go to a drive-thru Costa, Starbuck's, etc and spill the fucker in your lap while trying to be a c**t and drink it while driving! Who the FUCK thought that was a good idea - phones are FAR less of a hazard!

Don’t drink coffee - yuck! But suggesting phones are less of a hazard is plain wrong. Using a phone is illegal and beyond moronic. Eating/drinking while driving isn’t - so long as you’re still in full control (I’m not sure eating/drinking + full control can be done), can still get slapped with a fine if caught.

ccfc92

A Caffe Nero opened up near our office recently and almost everyone would buy 1-2 cups a day. It's the cool thing to do. Buy a £10 croissant and you're a fucking well cool person with money in the bank.

A work friend that sits near me despises coffee, but hates being left out more. So he bought a hot chocolate from Caffe Nero and since just fills the takeaway cup up everyday with tap water. He even sips it and says things like "Hmm, that's a good cup of coffee"

What a Twat.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Don’t drink coffee - yuck! But suggesting phones are less of a hazard is plain wrong. Using a phone is illegal and beyond moronic. Eating/drinking while driving isn’t - so long as you’re still in full control (I’m not sure eating/drinking + full control can be done), can still get slapped with a fine if caught.
I take the point Tommo, but my point was that i don't believe that driving with one hand while holding a cup of scalding liquid in the other, and frequently tilting your head back while holding the cup in your line of sight (which i FREQUENTLY see en route to work) IS being in control of your vehicle.

Tommo1993

I take the point Tommo, but my point was that i don't believe that driving with one hand while holding a cup of scalding liquid in the other, and frequently tilting your head back while holding the cup in your line of sight (which i FREQUENTLY see en route to work) IS being in control of your vehicle.

Fully agree.

Marty

We have one of those types at my place, it's nauseating to watch. The worst thing is, he doesn't even like the other people.

fellatio_Martinez

We have one of those types at my place, it's nauseating to watch. The worst thing is, he doesn't even like the other people.

It's quite odd and a bit unnerving because the fella in question is otherwise very sharp, funny and knows the score but when it comes to fitting in he's a complete sycophant to anyone on a higher wage than him.

Whenever a manager is within a 100 foot radius he turns into David Brent on heat.

shmmeee

Mate. If you can’t drink a drink while driving you probably shouldn’t be driving. Or drinking.

Why do you think cars come with cup holders?

richnrg

things that don't start on time. Really annoys me.It basically says to the people who are waiting 'I don't like people wasting my time, but I'm perfectly happy to waste yours'.
e.g Prime minister will make a statement at 17:00 - actually turns up at 17:22
Labour Manifesto launch is 11:00 - wanders onto stage at 11:09

come on, set an example people! Do things on time. If I know your'e going to be 10 minutes late I'll do something else in that 10 minutes, rather than just wait for you.

fellatio_Martinez

things that don't start on time. Really annoys me.It basically says to the people who are waiting 'I don't like people wasting my time, but I'm perfectly happy to waste yours'.
e.g Prime minister will make a statement at 17:00 - actually turns up at 17:22
Labour Manifesto launch is 11:00 - wanders onto stage at 11:09

come on, set an example people! Do things on time. If I know your'e going to be 10 minutes late I'll do something else in that 10 minutes, rather than just wait for you.

Films used to start in cinemas around 10 minutes after the official screening time which was fair enough in case it was busy or whatever but now it's a complete piss take.

The last few films I've seen have been shown a good 30 mins late with 25 minutes of ads and one trailer. People have clocked onto this so don't show up until 30 minutes after the screen time which means the first 10 minutes of the film are ruined by c*nts walking around rustling popcorn trying to find their seat in the dark.

Just show the fucking film on time!

tommydazzle

No not a ride on but a self-propelled petrol mower. I suppose on a really hot day a cold beer in there or gin in a glass and tonic in the other might be useful. A swig every time I empty the grass box but honestly seems like strange thing to design onto a mower. I don't have bowling green type lawns so drinks would get a bit shaken up - so maybe cocktails.

Last edited:

fellatio_Martinez

Littering scumbags.

I fancied an ice cream last night so drove to a McDonalds for a McFlurry (the new mint matchmaker one is lovely) I was waiting in the queue for my order when some c*unt in the car in front threw a whole bag of rubbish onto the grass to the left of the drive thru and drove off.

I then parked down a side street to gobble my dairy treat. There was a car across the road with people scoffing burgers, they pulled off and threw all their McDonalds rubbish out of the window and into the road.

I have absolutely no faith in humanity anymore.

Mcbean

I saw a suggestion that registration plate numbers should be printed on takeaway cups and packaging - not sure how practical it is but it might soon make a difference

Users who are viewing this thread