Things that annoy you (16 Viewers)

Otis

The word ‘muggy’.
I always use that word.

Even more so if I am down a dark alley and there's some shady people hanging about that I think may rob me.

Would definitely describe that as a muggy atmosphere.

Nick

Administrator
Fucking cunty IT support who don’t know what the fuck they’re doing and have cocked up my system because it’s dual boot Linux and that confuses them. Now got to spend the morning making recovery disks and swearing repeatedly.

Cunts.

Turn it off and on chief ;)

giphy.gif

richnrg

Brand slogans - especially for cars.

e.g
'Jaguar - the art of performance'. What? What the fuck is that meant to mean?
'Nissan - innovation that excites' - eh?

tommydazzle

Buttons rather than dials. What idiot thinks continuous pressing (i.e. volume control, microwave timing) is better and quicker than an old fashioned analogue turn of a dial.

Otis

e.g
School slogans and mottos too. Every school now seemingly has them and some make little or no sense.

wingy

I'm backtracking here by about six weeks because I used the word menopausal in another thread earlier.
It was triggered then but I let it go but now can't.
Twas the guy from the Bank of England used it as an analogy to the state of the economy /Industry.
The me too,were on it like a flash and he was forced into an apology.
It basically means exactly the same as Climacteric ,which refers to reproductive decline in both sexes.
What Is the f**k wrong with that ,are we going to deny there is a recognised male menopause ??:mad:

shmmeee

Grandparents.

One rule: please don’t let the three year old sleep, because then she’s up all night.
Every single time: “Oh she just had a little sleep!”

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Otis

Grandparents.

One rule: please don’t let the three year old sleep, because then she’s up all night.
Every single time: “Oh she just had a little sleep!”

Grrrrrrrrrrr
Yeah, been there several times. Also, 'Please don't give her any money or treats, because she has been naughty today.'

'Oh, okay.'

Back she comes 4 hours later with £15 a in her pocket and a mouth full of Haribo.

Ranjit Bhurpa

e.g
And many companies still pay mega bucks to ad agencies and brand/image consultants to come up with these ridiculous strap lines.
It's probably an urban myth but I'm sure that the toilet paper manufacturer Izal (happy 60's and 70's schooldays) came up with Izal - the paper with the crisper whisper.
Tells you everything you need to know!

jimmyhillsfanclub

The grandparent "treats" do my head in......how is it a treat if you do it all the time & its BAD for them?

My mother in-law has also started telling my boys "not to tell dad" about the extra chocolate bar or whatever.......I've told her thats also bang out of order....

Last weekend I finally got fed up of gently reminding her, so I explained to my lads in front of her that too many sugary treats will give you a big fat belly & rotten teeth.....just like your grandmas got.

Mother-in-law has not spoke to me since.......RESULT!

Captain Dart

They all want to be Eton with Latin mottos and silly house names.
What's Gryffndor's motto? Slitherine is "By any means" or something like that.

Last edited:

richnrg

"owning" something/someone.

e.g. "you totally owned him!"
or that cider advert " own ice cold ...own turning up ..etc" -

pricks!

Otis

"owning" something/someone.

e.g. "you totally owned him!"
or that cider advert " own ice cold ...own turning up ..etc" -

pricks!
What about if you have your own hair?

I've got most of mine. It's mainly on my back though.

Nick

Administrator
England fans going all Liverpool with this "It's coming home" stuff

1,000000000 Likes!

People just trying to say It's coming home in as many different ways as possible to try and go viral.

Also, people suddenly trying to preach to me about football who have absolutely no interest in it the other 3 and 3 quarter years in between.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

1,000000000 Likes!

People just trying to say It's coming home in as many different ways as possible to try and go viral.

Also, people suddenly trying to preach to me about football who have absolutely no interest in it the other 3 and 3 quarter years in between.

Yep......touched on this on another thread about avoiding watching eng-er-lund in the pub.....

...I reckon there must be some additive or toxin contained in face-paints & brand new generic england tops that make these jonny-cum-lately clowns believe they know what they're on about.....

IF England do actually make it to the final it'll be unbearable........almost to the point that a tiny little bit of me will want England to lose just to spite the pricks...

Nick

Administrator
Yep......touched on this on another thread about avoiding watching eng-er-lund in the pub.....

...I reckon there must be some additive or toxin contained in face-paints & brand new generic england tops that make these jonny-cum-lately clowns believe they know what they're on about.....

IF England do actually make it to the final it'll be unbearable........almost to the point that a tiny little bit of me will want England to lose just to spite the pricks...

It's just a massive bandwagon with overreaction. Somebody pretending that their whole life is on the line if we lose but they have no idea who the players are and speak like an american parody trying to talk about football. "Boot it in the net will you". "It's a goal kick" type nonsense.

I am much preferring watching the games at home / work, couldn't be doing with going to a busy pub with knobs chucking beer about who's only experience of football is on the TV.

There is getting into the spirit of it and there's being a bit of a twat. I really do hate the social media / fake / towie type generation.

Roll on League One.

eastwoodsdustman

It's just a massive bandwagon with overreaction. Somebody pretending that their whole life is on the line if we lose but they have no idea who the players are and speak like an american parody trying to talk about football. "Boot it in the net will you". "It's a goal kick" type nonsense.

I am much preferring watching the games at home / work, couldn't be doing with going to a busy pub with knobs chucking beer about who's only experience of football is on the TV.

There is getting into the spirit of it and there's being a bit of a twat. I really do hate the social media / fake / towie type generation.

Roll on League One.
I'm exactly the same. My lad asked me if I wanted to go to the pub last Thursday to watch the game but I declined. He came home and said it was full of dickheads with face paint and shit.

Covstu

Fucks sake chaps, your sounding like the CET lot about city!

I think it’s great that everyone has the bug, nice to see people supporting the country in a positive manner. Yes people get carried away and Saturday is going to be messy in town but we don’t get there much so let people enjoy it. No different the the missing 30k city fans

Reactions: vow

vow

Have to say, went to the Gatehouse to see England v Belgium and it was OK.

Maybe it depends which pub you choose ;)
We went there too, sat outside, baking hot under that plastic roof. It was a relief to get a round in as the pub inside was air conditioned!

Nick

Administrator
Fucks sake chaps, your sounding like the CET lot about city!

I think it’s great that everyone has the bug, nice to see people supporting the country in a positive manner. Yes people get carried away and Saturday is going to be messy in town but we don’t get there much so let people enjoy it. No different the the missing 30k city fans

It's just a shame that most of it is an act they put on so they can try and go viral or get likes. Too many people filming each other constantly or trying to film everything rather than just going to watch and enjoy the football.

richnrg

We should remember this come the next winter Olympics when all of us footy fans suddenly become experts on the skeleton bob and spout the same type of bullshit for a couple of weeks.

Nick

Administrator
We should remember this come the next winter Olympics when all of us footy fans suddenly become experts on the skeleton bob and spout the same type of bullshit ourselves for a couple of weeks.

There is that. However I doubt people are going to the pub and chucking beer over people over the curling or trying to preach to people who watch curling week in, week out about it. I don't think people who get hooked on curling while it's on for 2 weeks are in the pubs shouting as if they are experts either.

Users who are viewing this thread