Thierry Katsukunya (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Plays for our 18’s, 16 yo. Villa set to sign him for a ‘substantial’ 6 figure fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BornSlippySkyBlue

Plays for our 18’s, 16 yo. Villa set to sign him for a ‘substantial’ 6 figure fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Annoyingly they admit they want to be the best academy in the midlands and are hoovering up all the potential talent from us lesser clubs. :mad:

Woolly68

Kaaaaatsukunya……….. (Lion King song). C’mon, you know the one. The one we all thought was Aaaaarrrrrsene Wenger…..

think it’s called circle of life. Anyway, too difficult. Just sell him.

stupot07

Bad move for the kid given the way we bring players through our system.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

Surely we’ve got add ons galore? You would seriously hope that if he ever does anything of note that we are due a massive windfall. Or why let him go for relative peanuts. We must’ve invested a fair chunk of that fee in his development so far.

One thing we seem to be doing recently, so hopefully the case with this too.

Blind-Faith

Really annoying losing an academy talent , who doesn’t love seeing one of our own come through the system? Especially with our record of bringing talent through , Villa must of seen something in him to spend a 6 figure fee on a 16 year old.

SlowerThanPlatt

Surely we’ve got add ons galore? You would seriously hope that if he ever does anything of note that we are due a massive windfall. Or why let him go for relative peanuts. We must’ve invested a fair chunk of that fee in his development so far.

It’s set by EPPP until scholarship/professional age. This player is an U16

SlowerThanPlatt

This has gone on for a while we sold Charlie McCann two or three years ago rumoured to be £250k don’t know how true that is and I know a 12year old went to Wolves three years ago too.

Seems a fairly good group, against Sheffield Wednesday last game we played 5 U16 players and won 4-0

FAYC we have Leeds at home

Blind-Faith

This has gone on for a while we sold Charlie McCann two or three years ago rumoured to be £250k don’t know how true that is and I know a 12year old went to Wolves three years ago too.

I remember reading about that when he left , wasn’t he a Utd fan? I know it’s swings and round abouts as we can probably go and get youngsters from lower teams etc, but the likes of Sturridge, Sambou , McCann that could of come through and played for us, would of been great to see

rob9872

Send em Kastaneer instead and see if they notice. Tbf, 100k for someone who might never make it (and maybe a sell on fee too) that we can use now to get us a better loan in January, that might get us up into the Prem. It's a shame we might not see him in sky blue, but another academy Product we can be proud of.

SlowerThanPlatt

Good player watched him the other week for the 16s good move for him ? maybe but at 16+ If he develops he could be knocking our first team door within three years will be a bit of a queue at Villa. They have been hoovering up 15/16 year old talent lately I know they paid big money for a lad from Bristol, there’s a bit of a market now in the 15/16 Acadamy network there’s always a number of scouts at games.

Yes they took some from WBA too. Apparently they’re close to being in hot water…

BornSlippySkyBlue

It’s set by EPPP until scholarship/professional age. This player is an U16
Can clubs not agree fees independently?Even through a tribunal they do stipulate staggered payments based on appearances and call ups etc. Hopefully there are some in our favour if he succeeds.

edit: I’m thinking of over 16 I think, EPPP looks complicated. Hope we don’t lose out

JimmyHillsbeard

For sure.

I was merely pointing out that a “six figure sum” might not be quite as generous as it sounds.

JimmyHillsbeard

Really annoying losing an academy talent , who doesn’t love seeing one of our own come through the system? Especially with our record of bringing talent through , Villa must of seen something in him to spend a 6 figure fee on a 16 year old.

this is first time in absolutely ages (Coleman-era?) that we don’t have an academy product in the first team squad (Shipley is the closest).

NorthernWisdom

this is first time in absolutely ages (Coleman-era?) that we don’t have an academy product in the first team squad (Shipley is the closest).
tbf Eccles probably would be, but picked up an injury.

But yes, academy has certainly slowed down as we've improved. Kind of inevitable I suppose, but it'd be nice to see a couple break through next season, encourage the likes of this geezer it's better staying with us.

CovBrummie94

tbf Eccles probably would be, but picked up an injury.

But yes, academy has certainly slowed down as we've improved. Kind of inevitable I suppose, but it'd be nice to see a couple break through next season, encourage the likes of this geezer it's better staying with us.
Think Jack Burroughs will be knocking on the door next season after his loan spell in Scotland

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Bad move for the kid given the way we bring players through our system.

We've had less come through in recent years and chances are that would reduce even more if we went up again because the standard they need to reach is so much higher and the financial implications of failure become massive, so you can't take the risk on a youngster unless they're an absolutely phenomenal talent. We had a decent period of development for a few reasons - terrible finances forcing us to put kids in the first team squad and try them out and we still had a decent academy going back to the Prem/Champ days compared to others at that level, so we could develop those kids to a higher level at the time so they stood out more.

The other thing that can help player development is having the opportunity to play in games that the team are winning comfortably, so here is no pressure on them and they can use it for experience. Teams like ourselves and Villa rarely do that so those opportunities will be limited.

But having said that at this moment in time he probably would have more chance of eventually playing first team here than at Villa. But at the same time he might be being offered better incentives to join them and have better facilities. Even if he doesn't make it there he'll have that PL scholarship on his CV which will look more impressive to other teams as he tries to make a living from the game.

Users who are viewing this thread