There is no pending land deal... (2 Viewers)

kmj5000

Yes, and land can be acquired on an 'intention to buy' providing planning permission to build a stadium is granted.

Only, I wonder why they would be scared of competition. Leaks of paranoia. Who could be a competitor? It would require someone with a plan and finances. If they were more open they might attract interest from somebody who would like to be included in the project - set up a retail or something. Much more likely that would happen than someone decides to buy the land just because the club want to build a stadium.

The way deals are done on land where planning permission is uncertain is this:

What I am about to explain is ' Normally Accepted Practice' in these situations.

That is, the purchaser agrres to pay an option fee of a nominal amount that secures exclusivety for a fixed period of time. If planning permission is granted then the purchase price is normally determined as a fixed percentage of the value (if need be, the "value" can be decided by an independent valuer if, and when, planning permission is granted if the two parties don't agree on the value) but if planning permission isn't granted within the time set out in the option agreement then the option agreement lapses and the deal is off.

Simples, except that, we all know , nothing that SISU do is 'normally accepted practice' is it?

How on earth anyone would entertain doing business with them without awatertight agreement is a mystery to me! That could explain why it's taking so long?

Users who are viewing this thread