Their Red Card (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Lee Bowyer will be appealing Woods' red card: The #BCFC boss said “Woods was in control and he was just making a foul so we'll be appealing for sure because we'll be showing them a load of fouls that's happened to our players, so hopefully we'll get that one turned around

Just making a foul Bowyer is mad I hope they appeal and fail and he gets extra.

andrew.roberts

It was a very cynical challenge and the fact that he wasn't scythed down in the way their player intended and was caught with his other foot is by the by.
The intent was there and had he caught him with his leading foot it could have caused a serious injury.

Enviado desde mi SM-A202F mediante Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Just watched it back and the way he snuggly walked away thinking he was getting a yellow and then the shock of the red. It was the kind of foul that dirty Bowyer used to get away with.

pusbccfc

Yeah, the player lunged. Gave the referee a decision to make.

Big difference from a clip from behind. It's a great decision.

Terry Gibson's perm

While Bowyer is there they should say no change red card and while you are here let’s have a look at this shirt pull and ban him as well, it’s just the same as a dive in the box for me.

Terry_dactyl

I was surprised it was a red card but can see why it was given. Nasty, cynical foul.
I did wonder if the ref remembered Woods clearly telling him to “fuck off” earlier on, after his tackle on Hamer was deemed a foul. The ref had a word with him then…maybe felt afterwards he should’ve booked him?
Anyway, one of the highlights of the match, seeing his amazement and subsequent anger.

CovLis86

Woods is a little c*nt. Exactly what he deserved. You saw him laughing and saying he's hurt him when he injured hamer. No doubt gets a bonus from bowyer for that. Deserved red, dangerous play with no intent to play the ball at all.

robbiethemole

but can you imagine having to pay good money to watch that awful fucking shit footy every week??
even at our lowest point, never did we resort to that crap, hoof it up to Deeney and try and win a free kick or a throw.
and how fucking boring is using a long throw every time, when it never looked like being a good option.

so glad we play good attacking footy, and how quick were our counter attacks, like lightning with 4/5 men going all together.
long live King Robins, PUSB

ccfc92

Lee Bowyer will be appealing Woods' red card: The #BCFC boss said “Woods was in control and he was just making a foul so we'll be appealing for sure because we'll be showing them a load of fouls that's happened to our players, so hopefully we'll get that one turned around

What a cuntt, if his leg was planted that's potentially a leg breaker from behind. Deserves more than 3 match ban even before the appeal, plus the smirking from the little cuntt.

ccfc92

Woods is a little c*nt. Exactly what he deserved. You saw him laughing and saying he's hurt him when he injured hamer. No doubt gets a bonus from bowyer for that. Deserved red, dangerous play with no intent to play the ball at all.

Definitely the sort of prick that mouths off on a night out then hides behind his mates. Sunday league, he's getting battered after that challenge.

oldfiver

Also:

He can’t get three games for that, come on. Alright he has fouled the fella but he has just tripped him. That’s all he has done, he has not put his studs down his calf or anything like that. He has just clipped his legs.

Ermmmmm!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I was surprised it was a red card but can see why it was given. Nasty, cynical foul.
I did wonder if the ref remembered Woods clearly telling him to “fuck off” earlier on, after his tackle on Hamer was deemed a foul. The ref had a word with him then…maybe felt afterwards he should’ve booked him?
Anyway, one of the highlights of the match, seeing his amazement and subsequent anger.

You are absolutely right.

I said it on the match thread at the time. He shouted ´fuck off´ right in the face of the ref and got away with it.

When he did the challenge and started laughing, I was actually swearing at the tv. I was on my own and never do that, but it made me so angry I actually wanted to punch him. Absolutely horrible little c**t. Hopefully the ban will get extended.

Frostie

Yep, as most have said it's endangering an opponent which can only be a red card.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I think Blues fans & the player himself thought he would get away with it because he avoided the denial of a goal scoring opportunity scenario & he would have just seen yellow if he simply pulled him/tripped him etc. but you can't suddenly start lunging into high tackles from behind, serious risk of injuring Maatsen there = correct decision.

jimmyhillsfanclub

You are absolutely right.

I said it on the match thread at the time. He shouted ´fuck off´ right in the face of the ref and got away with it.

When he did the challenge and started laughing, I was actually swearing at the tv. I was on my own and never do that, but it made me so angry I actually wanted to punch him. Absolutely horrible little c**t. Hopefully the ban will get extended.

Yep. I was also watching on my own (shit innit) and called him a narky little c**t both to my telly & on the match thread.

Proper cowardly shitbag challenge....as someone else said, do that in Sunday League & you're getting a fist through the face.....

Frostie

Bowyer also thought they were the better side so...

Terry_dactyl

Yep, as most have said it's endangering an opponent which can only be a red card.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I think Blues fans & the player himself thought he would get away with it because he avoided the denial of a goal scoring opportunity scenario & he would have just seen yellow if he simply pulled him/tripped him etc. but you can't suddenly start lunging into high tackles from behind, serious risk of injuring Maatsen there = correct decision.
Case solved.

Grendel

Definitely the sort of prick that mouths off on a night out then hides behind his mates. Sunday league, he's getting battered after that challenge.

You sound about 5 years old

slowpoke

Seem to remember Bowyer when a youngster starting his career got done for smashing up a McDonalds I think it was and when at Leeds having to go to court re some sort of racial incident, I think he got off that, as some one said earlier I little runt with a rat face.
As a fitting claim to fame he was the first premier player to reach 100 yellow cards.

Grendel

Seem to remember Bowyer when a youngster starting his career got done for smashing up a McDonalds I think it was and when at Leeds having to go to court re some sort of racial incident, I think he got off that, as some one said earlier I little runt with a rat face.
As a fitting claim to fame he was the first premier player to reach 100 yellow cards.

The GBH was in a nightclub

We thought we’d signed him at one point before Leeds stepped in

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Just watched it back and the way he snuggly walked away thinking he was getting a yellow and then the shock of the red. It was the kind of foul that dirty Bowyer used to get away with.

I thought the red was right as the potential and intention to put his foot down the back of Maatsen’s planted foot was there. It’s high and from behind, which anyone that’s played knows can be dangerous when you can’t see it coming.

From memory, Bowyer was a good player in his time at Leeds and a battler but committed some horrible fouls. Remember him stamping on a Valencia player’s head in the Champions League, which is as bad as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread