The World Cup Thread (6 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

If it is a draw tomorrow, the bookings count will come into play - we currently have one less than Belgium ! If we really want to throw it we need to kick lumps out of them!

Westendlad

so true. poor guy prob thinks hes smart and everyone else deluded or brainwashed too lol

you can criticise him on pitch all u want. what u did was say he was a bad person off the pitch but now cannot say why because it will be admitting your views come from tabloids

so dont say we are not allowed to mention sterling because that is a lie
He was being sarcastic and if you recall on page 14 you agreed to stop arguing about Stirling buy hey.... YOU started it all again...

CJ_covblaze

If it is a draw tomorrow, the bookings count will come into play - we currently have one less than Belgium ! If we really want to throw it we need to kick lumps out of them!

Finally we’ve discovered why Phil Jones is in the squad. If we’re drawing with 10 minutes to go we’ll send him on and hope that he plays like Phil Jones. When it comes to disciplinary points a straight red is worth 4 yellows and a double yellow is worth 3 I think.

skybluesam66

Top half of the draw is scary

Win today we will probably need to beat Colombia. Brazil. France to get to the final

Lose and possibly Japan Switzerland and Spain

covcity4life

He was being sarcastic and if you recall on page 14 you agreed to stop arguing about Stirling buy hey.... YOU started it all again...
And since he has continued to say sterling deserves no sympathy for off field matters and now it's because he poor on it apparently

Apology accepted

Otis

The expectation now is all getting a bit over the top.

We lose to Belgium tonight and you watch the press steam in with a real downer on our hopes.

I don't think we will lose tonight, I do think it will be a draw, but we need to keep our feet on the ground and not talk about anything past the next game.

Get to the quarter final and then maybe we can start talking about winning the whole thing.

I do think we are in with a good chance, but we need to stay grounded for now and if we lose to Belgium (as long as it's not badly), not start picking it all apart.

One game at a time.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The expectation now is all getting a bit over the top.

We lose to Belgium tonight and you watch the press steam in with a real downer on our hopes.

I don't think we will lose tonight, I do think it will be a draw, but we need to keep our feet on the ground and not talk about anything past the next game.

Get to the quarter final and then maybe we can start talking about winning the whole thing.

I do think we are in with a good chance, but we need to stay grounded for now and if we lose to Belgium (as long as it's not badly), not start picking it all apart.

One game at a time.

A draw with a few yellow cards is fine.

Coming second gives us a great chance, coming first is a lot harder. We will have to prove ourselves against bigger teams later anyway, but lets at least get there and give ourselves an opportunity. There are so many poor teams this time round, if there has ever been a chance for England it is now.

It would be so frustrating losing to Brazil in the quarters when we could get to the semis and play Spain. In fact I would call it naive. Let's be cunning and give ourselves a golden chance.

Otis

The more I look at the draw the more I think we need to come second. We're not going to have as good a chance to go deep into a tournament for some time.

View attachment 10041

View attachment 10042
Thing is, Spain have wobbled, France have wobbled, Mexico have wobbled and so have Portugal.

We should fear no-one.

Second could well be advantageous, but we cannot play for second. You can't play to lose a game and if we did wish to gain second spot you can be bound sure that Belgium would prefer that too.

If we both play for a draw and it comes down to yellow cards I can see one or two getting sent off and that's hardly going to help.*

*Unless it is Ashley Young or Phil Jones of course.

Otis

If we win tonight and get past either Colombia, Senegal or Japan.

Screenshot_2018-06-28-10-59-33.png

And if we lose tonight and get past one of those same three.

Screenshot_2018-06-28-10-59-48.png

Otis

Thing is, Mexico could easily beat Brazil and Uruguay could get all the way through if we finish top.

By the same token, we could still meet Spain taking the easier route.

covcity4life

just play to win

brazil in quarters is daunting but whos o say mexico dont knock them out like otis said?

and colombia we would wnat to avoid too

lets just play our game and see how good we really are

jimmyhillsfanclub

Listening to both managers, it sounds as though Martinez is gonna rest most of his 1st XI whereas Southgate isn't & wants to top the group.....

So unless its mind-games by the pair of them, lets hope England can spank the Belgian squad players XI & fill them with doubts & fears for the K.O stages.......cos they are real contenders too...

Users who are viewing this thread