The World Cup Thread (6 Viewers)

xcraigx

And there we go, Serbia probably now going home. A real shame for them, I've been well impressed with them.

Covstu

Got to feel for Serbia, poor ref decision cost them but to be fair to the Swiss they have finished well.

xcraigx

Boom, 10th corner in the 95th minute to win me £40. Still fuming at the referee though, absolute garbage.

As an aside, anyone would think FIFA have issued a directive allowing diving. Another blatant dive in the first half which the referee waved away but didn't give a card for.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Really harsh on Serbia.

Gotta say they'll probably go out now which sucks. They've been one of the best teams in the group.

Half the Swiss team aren't even from Switzerland anyway!

wingy

Really? That's just cuckoo!
Fondeu eating yodelling horn blowing, liederhausen wearing goat shagging tax haven neutral bankers.
All that and Sepps in town .
But aside from the penalty that was they turned it round somehow in the second half and Serbia lost their way a bit! !:p

Paul Anthony

Didn't see the game, but just saw a clip of the Mitrovic foul. I don't think I've seen a more ridiculous case of wrestling in the box.

I've heard a couple of the pundits say how they feel in general the standard of officiating has been okay at this world cup. I can't agree. The amount of dives that haven't been booked (case in point, Neymar today) and things like this and the two on Kane in our first game. It's far too inconsistent. VAR is made to look completely redundant when blatant fouls are overlooked.

Johnnythespider

Anyone else think that contact for the pen was outside the box. Looking where the Tunisians foot landed it seemed that way to me. Who was it who said VAR would stop controversy in football.

SkyBlueSoul

Anyone else think that contact for the pen was outside the box. Looking where the Tunisians foot landed it seemed that way to me. Who was it who said VAR would stop controversy in football.

I thought it was on the line, definitely not as sure as Phil Neville was. I think the fact it wasn’t clearly or obviously outside means the decision stood. Could have gone either way!

Sky Blue Harry H

Really glad Tunisia scored - should be a belter of a game, although Belgium will definitely score again.

Sky Blue Harry H

Unbelievable - Belgium attacking but one Tunisia player busy consoling his team-mate who was down injured. Manager would have gone mad if Belgium had scored.

Sky Blue Harry H

Lukaku - one minute terrible touch, the next beautiful lay off - he really is inconsistent

vow

Lovely ball to Lukaku from Mounier, the right back!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This is good. Belgium can win all they want. If we finish runners up our route to progress should in theory be a lot easier.

That said, some good teams might finish not as we thought!

Users who are viewing this thread