THe whole "he has no funds " argument (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

It does make me laugh forced to sell best players in summer what a load of shite!

Wilson was offered four time his salary to play for a club a division above who would enhance his career.....Pressley was not forced to sell him he wanted to leave to progress and Bournemouth met the asking price....others came to the end of lucrative Championship contracts that we could not afford to offer with ffp and fiar play incomes.

Players chose to seek better offers but again Pressley was not forced to sell in fact in some cases he chose to let players go such as Baker.....in actual fact thinking about it Pressley was not forced to sell anybody and reinvested back into squad all be it not to levels of sales due to ffp brinigng in players such as Pugh, Johnson, Jackson, O'Brien, Swanson, Tudgay, Miller...while also bringing in loans Mcquoid, Nouble, Allsopp, Martin, Madine & Coubilllay,,,,,,but you're right he's had no funds to work with whatsoever!! :pointlaugh:

We are underachieving for our squad and level of investment in this league whichever way you look at it and the buck stops with the manager at end of day!

RoboCCFC90

This argument is redundant and could last a million years as no one really knows what we are spending. For instance however there was a comment recently from Steve Waggott that insisted that we have one of the biggest budgets in the league, now I am not saying he is right but I would say it's up there, players such as O'Brien, Johnson, Nouble, Madine, Martin, Jackson and Hines will all be on better wages than any player we had last year in my view, taking into account that many of the players above are loans (even though we don't know what percentage of the wages are being paid!) I think it's safe to assume we have a good budget, if we haven't made the most of it then it's down to the recruitment drive, which has been hampered by playing at Sixfields, despite this though it is no excuse for the position we currently find ourselves in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Sorry rob, but I doubt we're paying those players anywhere near what baker, Clarke and murphy were on - reportedly £8k per week. Our budget is now £2.7m, which has been reduced from about £4m last season and £6m the season before that (I think that's what waggot said at the trust meeting?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread