The way forward (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Who in there right mind would buy a club that doesn't own their own stadium, are in millions of debt and who's academy may be closing.
Exactly, unless you are a CCFC fan we are literally the last club you would consider buying, any other club is a better option.

italiahorse

That's a conservative estimate of what SISU would ask for.

NOT what we are worth. (2 bob and a conker should cover that)

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

There lies the problem.
No one will pay Sisu asking price so if they want it they will wait for Sisu to complete the Legals first and then see what Sisu do when the club has nothing of value to offer.
Liquidation will be Sisu's choice.

rupert_bear

She probably doesn't, but according to your thinking she knows who all the academy graduates are and their potential value,
I very much doubt it
But Chris Anderson does and cashed in on one (Maddison) within weeks of arriving here, my betting is he has a list of probables and possibles to cash in on. They (sisu) won't care a jot about value juT shovel a bit more in their pocket every little help.

SkyBlueZack

Of course we are insignificant
I bet Wasps hope Sisu believe it as well as you.

You keep saying and telling anyone that will listen that we are insignificant. About the club you claim to support. Comparing them to a newly arrived London rugby club in town. Then whilst doing all that expect the club to be a competitive championship team. Now if a fan of the club considers it insignificant and is telling everyone that, how on earth can we have a right to be a competitive championship team?

Fergusons_Beard

Nobody wants it but that's the way it's going.
All depends on Sisu exit strategy once court cases finish.

SISU will just carry on after court case-whatever outcome.

Nowt to do with the club.

Just about measuring who's got the biggest wanger.

SISU or the council/wasps......

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

Philosorapter

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge on JR2, could be train line going through near Coventry for all I know.

What is it and how could it effect everything?

It seems one set of parties are very keen for this not to go ahead.

What would happen if either side wins?

I am guessing there will be wide implications for all parties whoever wins.

ccfcway

Philosorapter

Could the Judge order a resale of ACL if any unlawful act has taken place?

skybluealan

Do people realise what liquidation is? What is the sudden popularity of the club being liquidated? It is almost as if everybody is asking for it so when the club gets so distressed they will be heroes for doing it.

Minimum of 5 years to get back here?
Remember this post Nick, now tell me after todays result I was wrong. If liquidation is the only way Us fans can run our club so be it.

torchomatic

Liquidation means no club ffs. It's so basic to understand how can you not get it. Why don't you go and support Cov Utd or Sphinx.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Amazing isn't it?

Nick

Administrator
Remember this post Nick, now tell me after todays result I was wrong. If liquidation is the only way Us fans can run our club so be it.

Yes, you could run your club but it wouldn't be CCFC.

What's your point? You could setup a club tomorrow surely if you wanted to run it?

skybluealan

What's your point? You could setup a club tomorrow surely if you wanted to run it?
Read my post Nick, Darlington FC became Darlington 1883, It still the same team and after 4 years away from Darlington they are back at the end of this month playing in Darlington. I for one do not want Cov to be liquidated but please somebody tell me any other way we can continue like this with SISU.

BackRoomRummermill

As a club our fan base of the die hard who go week in and out and loyal support is around the 8K mark, its dropping every year through natural causes.

We I estimate in the wider world around 20 K loyal supporters who follow the team from afar.

My point to this whole reply is that in the great scheme of things most Coventarians only prick their ears up to the club when something good is going like a cup run. Where are the thousands that attended the Ricoh to watch Crewe beat us in a tin pot trophy ?......... they in all honesty don't give a shite about the club. no honestly its not about the club for them more a potential day out.

This club will go nowhere without fans and I doff my cap to you all who go every week or indeed whenever you can. The disappointment is that through all of this "someone, somewhere" decided that the platform for football ( soccer ....) is now to be eradicated in Coventry and replaced by Rugby Union as to those "someone's somewhere" believe it will generate more money for them in the round, no doubt a minor conspiracy but viable given the events of the club with a long standing pedigree in British and world football. ( I still cannot believe you could buy a replica cove reserve kit in the markets of Bahrain )

We are being left to die like a fish out of water, this has been the case now especially with the Stadia Fiasco.

You can never kill a club. There will always be the support. Teams come and go so do managers.

Over to you........

ccfcway

My point to this whole reply is that in the great scheme of things most Coventarians only prick their ears up to the club when something good is going like a cup run. Where are the thousands that attended the Ricoh to watch Crewe beat us in a tin pot trophy ?.....QUOTE]

spot on. Fans flocked to that glory day when we played Crewe in the tin pot trophy,

What joy it was. As if lowly Coventry City managed to fight and claw its way to the regional Final of the Johnsons Paint Trophy and narrowly lose 0-3 in front of just 31,000 glory hunting fans in a record attendance for any game outside of the final. Thousands attended in the hope that we could compete in a competition for League One and Two clubs, which ironically is now held in such high esteem that the prem teams can enter their youth teams to give them a run about.

Where are all of those glory hunters now. Not many of them were there to see us lose 4-0 away to a League Two club today

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Read my post Nick, Darlington FC became Darlington 1883, It still the same team and after 4 years away from Darlington they are back at the end of this month playing in Darlington. I for one do not want Cov to be liquidated but please somebody tell me any other way we can continue like this with SISU.

Yes, the Darlington 1882 founded in 2012 and it isn't Darlington FC. So pretty much the same as Coventry United or Cov Sphinx.

NorthernWisdom

Yes, the Darlington 1882 founded in 2012 and it isn't Darlington FC. So pretty much the same as Coventry United or Cov Sphinx.
image.php
2000px-Circle_-_black_simple.svg.png

image.php

skybluealan

As a club our fan base of the die hard who go week in and out and loyal support is around the 8K mark, its dropping every year through natural causes.

We I estimate in the wider world around 20 K loyal supporters who follow the team from afar.

My point to this whole reply is that in the great scheme of things most Coventarians only prick their ears up to the club when something good is going like a cup run. Where are the thousands that attended the Ricoh to watch Crewe beat us in a tin pot trophy ?......... they in all honesty don't give a shite about the club. no honestly its not about the club for them more a potential day out.

This club will go nowhere without fans and I doff my cap to you all who go every week or indeed whenever you can. The disappointment is that through all of this "someone, somewhere" decided that the platform for football ( soccer ....) is now to be eradicated in Coventry and replaced by Rugby Union as to those "someone's somewhere" believe it will generate more money for them in the round, no doubt a minor conspiracy but viable given the events of the club with a long standing pedigree in British and world football. ( I still cannot believe you could buy a replica cove reserve kit in the markets of Bahrain )

We are being left to die like a fish out of water, this has been the case now especially with the Stadia Fiasco.

You can never kill a club. There will always be the support. Teams come and go so do managers.

Over to you........
completely agree with you, whether a club changes it's name or not you know who the club is and that club will never die.

skybluealan

It was a typo on my phone :)

I guess if that's the only thing you pick out of it the rest must be ok.
Not really, I look at reality and how it is. I am like you that I do not want Cov to finish like Darlington did, but give me and everybody else on this forum how Coventry can survive with SISU?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Not really, I look at reality and how it is. I am like you that I do not want Cov to finish like Darlington did, but give me and everybody else on this forum how Coventry can survive with SISU?
The silence is deafening . :wacky:

Sterling Archer

Yes, the best way to progress is to start again with a brand new club some 7 or 8 divisions below where we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

So reality is that by being so angry about us lurking about at the bottom of League 1 from a mid table Championship team we should start a new club with the ambition to get into the football league?

Users who are viewing this thread