The way forward (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
To be honest I believe the local Labour Councillors will have a shorter shelf life than any other entities involved in this debacle.
I can see things getting very unpleasant for them coming the end of September/October.

They have already started trying to blame SISU for cuts...

What is happening at the end of September?

Nick

Administrator
I could not agree more with that about the ground and academy, most fans have said the same, but I will still repeat what I have said, there is no future for CCFC the way it is going and to quote you on this post, just look what is happening with the ground and the academy.

Why isn't there a future?

SkyblueBazza

Do people realise what liquidation is? What is the sudden popularity of the club being liquidated? It is almost as if everybody is asking for it so when the club gets so distressed they will be heroes for doing it.

Minimum of 5 years to get back here?
My advice to those who think it is a good idea? Ram your hand into a liquidiser & see what a bloody mess you end up with...& consider how functional your hand is as a result

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Nick

Administrator
You tell me what the future will be if only we new. As I see it CCFC will always be there but at what level?

So, you are saying the future of CCFC is to kill CCFC in League 1 and start a separate club in the lower leagues with the aim to get into the football league?

georgehudson

why do the Football League adopt such a piss poor weak stance on the subject of club ownership ?
CCFC are not the only club, imho, to be beset with unfit for purpose owners,
& there are a host of persons / bodies from the past who are responsible,
the one constant are the fans who continue to be used & abused,
so, the way forward, is surely to enlist & put pressure on politicians to sort these various messes out

Philosorapter

The backlash of the Labour Party

Would be good to see how this whole debacle will be reviewed through a new local Labour administration.

I can see a lot of people geting their wings clipped or burnt....

skybluealan

So, you are saying the future of CCFC is to kill CCFC in League 1 and start a separate club in the lower leagues with the aim to get into the football league?
Why do you try to put conflicting words in to post you answer, I am one of the last supporters who would in your words would want to KILL ccfc. My views are to save CCFC for the future and if that means expressing my views which you try to twist to suit your views then so be it.

georgehudson

politicians are those that legislate, i.e. having the opportunity to pass acts of parliament to ensure that football is properly governed,
imho, they (politicians) have made a piss poor job, so far,
but, of course, they are voted in by us, the general public, & just as they are voted in, can be voted OUT

Nick

Administrator
Why do you try to put conflicting words in to post you answer, I am one of the last supporters who would in your words would want to KILL ccfc. My views are to save CCFC for the future and if that means expressing my views which you try to twist to suit your views then so be it.

What is liquidation then if it isn't killing CCFC to start afresh with something else?

It isn't being twisted isn't it? Saving CCFC isn't liquidating it.... I don't need to twist it, you are contradicting yourself.

Philosorapter

From my understanding the local Labour Party does not have majority support from its members for views recently taken by its Councillors. Its not going to take much to tip the scales, especially if the new NEC gets rid of the rule on new members not being allowed to vote on issues.

Could be the best £3 ever spent for a vote of no confidence in the running of the local Labour Party.

Liquid Gold

It's CCFC or bust for me. If it came to it and people were happy for us to be liquidated just because of our current owners then I hope your new club is terrible and you're stuck in non league forever.

sbadey

I agree Nick it was foolish of the council to put out that statement that our club is costing the City valuable funds for essential things. If they carry on along that line then central government may pick up on it and order a full and thorough audit and investigation into all local governments comunications, financial transactions, deals and agreements with third parties etc..... Wouldn't that be extremely interesting

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I'm sick to death about all the arguments between us fans about who is to blame about the state of our great club is in. I have been a city fan for over 50 years and yes i'm one that now lives away from Coventry. I live in the North East, Darlington.. Darlington were liquidated 4 years ago by money grabbing owners, dose that ring a bell, it was taken over by the fans. The FA dropped us 4 leagues. We were kicked out of our stadium taken over by a LOCAL rugby club. We have been playing at Bishop Auckland for the last 4 years. We move back to Darlington at a new ground in December. We have won promotion 3 times in the last 4 years and we are in the top 4 this season. Nobody is going to buy Coventry and the only way in my opinion to get rid of our owners, i'm sorry to say is to get liquidated, taken over by the fans and become a great club again. Yes this will take a minimum of 5 years but we cannot continue the way are going and splitting our great fan base.

liquidating CCFC is a shite idea for a myriad of reasons, but I'm curious to know where this new stadium in Coventry will spring from post liquidation?

rupert_bear

What happens when owners can't or even don't want to run their business anymore and if ccfc have n
nowhere to play home games that's what could happen here. So they, sisu, do they wind the business up ?liquidate ? then what ? Do administrators take over and look to make the business a going concern, larger scale admittedly but isn't that what's just happened with BHS and didn't that happen at Jessops and dragon Peter Jones took over a number of stores successfully. There are laws, rules etc, certain protection for a businesses workers, in our case from footballers to the office girl, I don't think sisu can just shut the ccfc door and walk away. Ccfc at the moment have a value, seen it said around 20 million, without a ground and no golden share that could plummet to almost zero. This pot is starting to simmer and will reach boiling long before the current Ricoh rental agreement expires. I can't see Wasps backing down now, the ball seems very much in the sisu court on dropping the legals or else basically. Looks to me if there's been a bit of movement re sisu' apparent hardball stance on the Acadamy situation but to me that's just a taster

ccfcway

Do people realise what liquidation is? What is the sudden popularity of the club being liquidated? It is almost as if everybody is asking for it so when the club gets so distressed they will be heroes for doing it.

Minimum of 5 years to get back here?

certainly not saying we should be liquidated, but 5 years sounds attractive.

We have done nothing in the past 5 years to progress (actually gone backwards in terms of budget and debt). Off the field, where is any glimmer of hope that the next 5 wont be the same ?

Nick

Administrator

We have done nothing in the past 5 years to progress (actually gone backwards in terms of budget and debt). Off the field, where is any glimmer of hope that the next 5 wont be the same ?

So what are you getting at about 5 years sounding attractive?

We are in league one, we have a budget based on attendances etc. We won't be relegated this year.

skyblue1991

Yes I'm sure fans of Hereford, Darlington, Boston United et al were very happy to start from the bottom (or as good as).

You would honestly rather have that than what we have now?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Brylowes

I'm sick to death about all the arguments between us fans about who is to blame about the state of our great club is in. I have been a city fan for over 50 years and yes i'm one that now lives away from Coventry. I live in the North East, Darlington.. Darlington were liquidated 4 years ago by money grabbing owners, dose that ring a bell, it was taken over by the fans. The FA dropped us 4 leagues. We were kicked out of our stadium taken over by a LOCAL rugby club. We have been playing at Bishop Auckland for the last 4 years. We move back to Darlington at a new ground in December. We have won promotion 3 times in the last 4 years and we are in the top 4 this season. Nobody is going to buy Coventry and the only way in my opinion to get rid of our owners, i'm sorry to say is to get liquidated, taken over by the fans and become a great club again. Yes this will take a minimum of 5 years but we cannot continue the way are going and splitting our great fan base.
So based on this we can liquidate, and get relegated 4 leagues in one hit.
Or we stay as we are, and get relegated 4 leagues in ? Many years.

I'm not calling for or wanting liquidation bye the way.

italiahorse

What is liquidation then if it isn't killing CCFC to start afresh with something else?

It isn't being twisted isn't it? Saving CCFC isn't liquidating it.... I don't need to twist it, you are contradicting yourself.

It hopefully won't come to liquidation as its all in Sisu control. They have all the debt so it's whether they sell everything in spite and liquidate the club or just sell the club at its value to whoever. Once the court case are over its all about cutting their losses.

italiahorse

Yes I'm sure fans of Hereford, Darlington, Boston United et al were very happy to start from the bottom (or as good as).

You would honestly rather have that than what we have now?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Prefer Rangers or Wimbledon.

italiahorse

So what are you getting at about 5 years sounding attractive?

We are in league one, we have a budget based on attendances etc. We won't be relegated this year.
We have only played some poor teams and we are in the relegation zone.
We have been close before and I see nothing yet that will change that.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Its all down to legislation in my opinion. If football clubs are to be run effectively they have to have some kind of community protection a scheme similar to the club being treated as a listed building. Their then needs to be proper government legislation about the purchasing and running of the clubs, its a multi billion pound business that is let to run on its own with very minor checks and balances. You will continue to get basket case clubs like CCFC until their is effective law that stops all the wide boys jumping on the gravy train at the fans expense. As for our owners they will not leave until they have to, the club is cash neutral its in their benefit as they see it to see if they can win the JRs to get a return, their biggest problem is renegotiating the lease at the Ricoh with the constraints put on them by wasps. If they drop the JR they will get a long rental agreement but they will have to give up on JR2. The next 18 months will be telling!

Nick

Administrator
Its all down to legislation in my opinion. If football clubs are to be run effectively they have to have some kind of community protection a scheme similar to the club being treated as a listed building. Their then needs to be proper government legislation about the purchasing and running of the clubs, its a multi billion pound business that is let to run on its own with very minor checks and balances. You will continue to get basket case clubs like CCFC until their is effective law that stops all the wide boys jumping on the gravy train at the fans expense. As for our owners they will not leave until they have to, the club is cash neutral its in their benefit as they see it to see if they can win the JRs to get a return, their biggest problem is renegotiating the lease at the Ricoh with the constraints put on them by wasps. If they drop the JR they will get a long rental agreement but they will have to give up on JR2. The next 18 months will be telling!

What people miss when they are banging on about being top 10 championship and signing a long term rent deal is how?

Ian1779

All this liquidation talk just epitomises the lack of forethought by people, including some of these new protest groups that have sprung up recently.

Not a single person has yet to come up with a credible plan that could be put into place in the event of SISU leaving, an admin or otherwise. No plan, no money and within a month no club.

If we were liquidated (which I hope to God never happens) there is no guarantee the FL would just hand back over the Golden Share to a bunch of fans.. Especially if said bunch don't have a coherent plan going forward. Equally if Wasps were complicit in forcing a liquidation issue, then the Golden Share not heading their way either.

People act like it will be liquidation & league expulsion Tues, drop down to tier 8/9 by Thurs, ready for a game that Saturday. We could be without a physical club for a season at least.

If someone has a plan out there that would actually work, might be worth sharing it and then everyone can get behind it.

stupot07

Why do people keep saying 5 years? It tool Wimbledon 12 years from restarting to get to league one. People moan than prospective fans are fed up and finding new things to do in a Saturday, 12 years are playing non league/ league 2 will completely kill the club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Correct Vic but the shit will hit the fan sooner than 18 months the Football League will want solid and acceptable assurances way before 18 months, it's in their rule book. Tim Fisher will have to come up with where, when and how he plans to build his new stadium or there will be no Golden Share. That's where the pressure from local media and supporters should now be, on Fisher on a daily bases, when Anderson came in Fisher said his role at ccfc was solely the new stadium project for some reason our local media fail to follow that up.

Users who are viewing this thread