The walking dead starts again tonight (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Andrew Lincoln’s last series , looking forward to his this plays out

Otis

Would guess Rick will just go off on a mission. Maybe something to do with the helicopter.

But then there's Judith, so it would be odd to walk away from her. Maggie leaves too, so not sure how they are figuring on doing it all.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I got really bored with the last series. I can see me not bothering with this.

Otis

I got really bored with the last series. I can see me not bothering with this.
Yep, same here, but silly me always gets a little bit excited with each coming series hoping it will be better than it actually turns out to be.

Fingers crossed this series bucks the trend, but I am expecting it not to be.

Skyblueweeman

I thought the last series was better than the two before it...certainly the last one before it where if focused on a different story every week.

I agree though that it should be coming to the end of it's tenure. As Otis says...this won't be the last series. I think they've commissioned up to Series 11.

Otis

Can't watch it yet, grrrr!

Picture quality on NowTV is absolutely dreadful. Really totally impossible to watch it's so bad.

No longer have Fox HD on Virgin, so while it's a bit better, it's still not great.

Otis

Interesting start and quite intriguing.

A few minor gripes, but nothing worth picking up on really.

Maggie's gone a bit all tyrannical hasn't she. Think she may well get her comeuppance. We all know Lauren Cohen is leaving anyway, so would fit in perhaps with Maggie overstepping the mark and someone topping her off.

Just can't see her walking away from Hilltop now. She seems to really like it there and has control. Apparently Lauren Cohen is only in 6 episodes and then is leaving, so I can only foresee her being killed off.

No inkling at all as to how and why Rick will leave. He has Judith and Michonne, so again am thinking maybe topped off rather than him just walking away somewhere.

Oh, and Gregory is just plain dumb!

ajsccfc

Really good episode, rather than just 'here's your new bad guy' they've established almost a philosophical rivalry between Rick's way and both Maggie and Daryl that makes more sense than that weird scene at the end of last season where they all just suddenly decided they hated him for no reason.

Otis

Really good episode, rather than just 'here's your new bad guy' they've established almost a philosophical rivalry between Rick's way and both Maggie and Daryl that makes more sense than that weird scene at the end of last season where they all just suddenly decided they hated him for no reason.
Yeah, that was odd.

Half expect Maggie to be wearing a Governor eye patch by about 3 episodes in though.

Otis

I skipped the titles,so didn't notice anything different.

Anyone think Rick is going to die on the bridge? All symbolic like. Trying to complete a journey, traveling from on place to another.

I have zero ideas on Maggie at all.

Skyblueweeman

I don't think he'll die on the bridge. Judging by the 'coming next week' preview, the bridge looked like it was almost complete and I don't think they'd write him out in the 2nd episode of 16.

I was surpised Maggie went through with that punishment last night (no giving names away in case anyone has still to catch up).

Nice that they had called her baby Hershel though. Very timely given the sad news of the actor passing away at the weekend.

Otis

I don't think he'll die on the bridge. Judging by the 'coming next week' preview, the bridge looked like it was almost complete and I don't think they'd write him out in the 2nd episode of 16.

I was surpised Maggie went through with that punishment last night (no giving names away in case anyone has still to catch up).

Nice that they had called her baby Hershel though. Very timely given the sad news of the actor passing away at the weekend.
Think Rick is only in 6 episodes isn't he. I also heard he was leaving part the way through.

Might be wrong though.

Otis

I liked the credits, new beginnings, etc... Also the walker and the windmill is an iconic image from the comics.
I heard they deliberately wanted to refer to the comics in the title sequence.

Will try and catch it next week, as I always FF through the titles.

Houchens Head

I heard they deliberately wanted to refer to the comics in the title sequence.

Will try and catch it next week, as I always FF through the titles.
I only watch the titles then switch off! :happy:

chiefdave

Don't think this will be going much longer. Series premiere in the US got 6.08m, that compares to 11.44m last year. Only season one had lower ratings.

With pretty much everyone having left, and considering it can't be a cheap show to make how much longer will they drag it out?

Otis

Don't think this will be going much longer. Series premiere in the US got 6.08m, that compares to 11.44m last year. Only season one had lower ratings.

With pretty much everyone having left, and considering it can't be a cheap show to make how much longer will they drag it out?
And you have to say, both Maggie and Rick are two of the favourite characters on the show. Obviously Glen was too.

There's not much else they can do with the show, other than have a new baddie who was worse than the last baddie.

Otis

Hmmm... so what was all that about then, eh?

Who do we think the person at the end was?

Carol?

Houchens Head

Carol?
Carl. He digs his way out of his grave and comes back as a flesh eating zombie!

skybluegod

Would guess Rick will just go off on a mission. Maybe something to do with the helicopter.

But then there's Judith, so it would be odd to walk away from her. Maggie leaves too, so not sure how they are figuring on doing it all.

Maggie is being left open ended- so she could come back in later series...

Rick is apparently being killed, as would be impossible to end it otherwise as people would expect him back.

skybluegod

Carol?

I thought that was a much better episode than the first!

I don't see it being Carol, it seemed like someone he knew/liked? Wasn't like it could be Daryl and Carol because they were both at the campfire (which i assumed happened concurrently.

I think it will be rouge Savior, or someone surprising. My guess is Cyndee ( the Waterside girl) She randomly had that 'injury from a potato' so think it's her picking them off for revenge.

Otis

I thought that was a much better episode than the first!

I don't see it being Carol, it seemed like someone he knew/liked? Wasn't like it could be Daryl and Carol because they were both at the campfire (which i assumed happened concurrently.

I think it will be rouge Savior, or someone surprising. My guess is Cyndee ( the Waterside girl) She randomly had that 'injury from a potato' so think it's her picking them off for revenge.
Yeah, maybe. I saw one article that said they think it will be one of 4.

They say......

1. Daryl. Nope. Surely not. Too obvious.

2. Cyndee. Most likely.

3. Henry. They must be having a laugh with that one and that Justin wasn't even looking down towards someone smaller than himself anyway, which he would have to do if talking to Henry.

4. A Whisperer with the face of a dead saviour. Doesn't make sense that. If it were a pretend walker he would notice that before he noticed the remnants of a dead colleague's face.

3 of those don't make sense to me.

It was a much better episode though, I agree.

Still don't get this fear of the Whisperers to come notion though. Supposed to be more terrifying than every baddie there's ever been so far.

They pretend to be Walkers and walk amongst the dead. Yep, get all that and at first that would take everyone by complete and utter surprise. As soon as everyone knows they are pretending to be Walkers though, there goes the element of surprise.

Unless they are always going to be a hoard of several hundred they could be picked off easily surely.

If they are trying to blend in they are slow and immobile. That makes them easy targets.

Can see the dangers and the fear that would bring, but there's a clear and easy solution you would have thought.

Rick's group have explosives too, so could easily lob a few bombs into a big crowd.

Maybe I'm missing something. Just think that the very fact the Whisperers have to be slow and immobile in order to blend in, makes them very vulnerable.

Users who are viewing this thread