The walking dead starts again tonight (4 Viewers)

King of the Lesbians

Just caught up on the last 2 episodes. Programs a fucking mess.
when did
Carl
get bitten?

Otis

The fact they keep banging on about how all they need to do is kill Negan is infuriating considering that first episode where not only was he stood in front of them in broad daylight but the setup to get to that point was expert snipers silently taking out the Saviour lookouts with perfect headshots.
Indeed. All we have to do is to kill Negan he said. Just kill the one man he said. Cut off the head and victory was theirs he said.

Righto, Rick!!

Otis

I think it was when he had the two zombies on top of him in the 2nd last episode?
Isn’t that the idea of suspense that we wait and find out how it happened...

No, just kill off the little fooker already.

I would guess it may have been when he was with the newcomer, the one he was leaving food for. That would give Rick further reason to 'dislike' the bloke.

skybluegod

No, just kill off the little fooker already.

I would guess it may have been when he was with the newcomer, the one he was leaving food for. That would give Rick further reason to 'dislike' the bloke.

Yeah that’s what I meant, with the new comer when two zombies are on top of him in that passage.

Otis

Oh, I see. We aren't supposed to know when it happened yet?
Would have been better for him to just have been ill with a fever and then suddenly turn into a walker. We know now that this way we are going to get the thickly layered schmaltz and elongated tearful send off!

And all this for a character next to no-one gives two hoots about and who so many people find very annoying anyway.

Otis

A theory for Carl surviving.

Screenshot_2017-12-15-05-32-01.png

Only posted this up because I believe the second paragraph is so true and it just all seems now to be about meeting the next group of baddies and then the next group of baddies and the next and there is no endgame. Spot on, that.

Otis

Sad state of affairs really, cos there were characters I really liked and would have been gutted had they been killed off previously. Still sad they killed Glen off. Really liked him as a character.

Thing is now though, for me they could kill off Carol and Daryl and I wouldn't blink an eye. Morgan too.

Carol used to be great character and so too Daryl. Now I cannot warm to them at all.

As it stands on the careometer:

Rick -Yeah, would still be sad if he was killed off

Eugene - No, kill him off now. The sooner the better

Carl - No, annoying and irritating and very one dimensional and monotone in terms of the portrayal by Chandler Riggs

Tara - Not so sure. She has changed lately. Preferred the old Tara. This new one is so off kilter.

Maggie - Best character in it now for me. Definitely do not want her killed off.

Gregory - Kill him now

Aaron - Meh

Jesus - Meh. Thought he was going to be a great character at first, but now showing very little depth.

The King - Kill him.

Gabriel - Would like to see more of him to be honest.

Morgan - Probably erring on the side of get rid.

Enid - Who? Meh

Dwight - Do need to see more of him.

Negan - Already outlived his welcome. Kill him and kill him quick.

Pudding Bowl - The sooner the better.

Rosita - Meh.

Think this is a large part of the problem. You need to empathise with characters and I think for the most part the empathy just isn't there anymore with so many of the main players.

skybluegod

Sad state of affairs really, cos there were characters I really liked and would have been gutted had they been killed off previously. Still sad they killed Glen off. Really liked him as a character.

Thing is now though, for me they could kill off Carol and Daryl and I wouldn't blink an eye. Morgan too.

Carol used to be great character and so too Daryl. Now I cannot warm to them at all.

As it stands on the careometer:

Rick -Yeah, would still be sad if he was killed off

Eugene - No, kill him off now. The sooner the better

Carl - No, annoying and irritating and very one dimensional and monotone in terms of the portrayal by Chandler Riggs

Tara - Not so sure. She has changed lately. Preferred the old Tara. This new one is so off kilter.

Maggie - Best character in it now for me. Definitely do not want her killed off.

Gregory - Kill him now

Aaron - Meh

Jesus - Meh. Thought he was going to be a great character at first, but now showing very little depth.

The King - Kill him.

Gabriel - Would like to see more of him to be honest.

Morgan - Probably erring on the side of get rid.

Enid - Who? Meh

Dwight - Do need to see more of him.

Negan - Already outlived his welcome. Kill him and kill him quick.

Pudding Bowl - The sooner the better.

Rosita - Meh.

Think this is a large part of the problem. You need to empathise with characters and I think for the most part the empathy just isn't there anymore with so many of the main players.

Think I largely agree with most of that if I am honest. When I think back, it really is only since they killed off Glenn and Abraham and the saviours were introduced that that the series has gone down hill. I think the storyline isn’t FAR off being good it is just a couple of key moments where you think why oh why couldn’t you have done this instead of that.
I like Daryl and carol, but I agree this season hasn’t been great for both of them... but I also don’t think it is helped by the huge cast that they have.
I like michonne but she’s too emotional
Jerry is awesome!
I like rick
Would keep Dwight because he is pretty cool
Everyone else could die.

skybluegod

There was an initial theory when the walking dead started that this could all be a dream and that rick is just in a Coma, and the more I watch it the more I can see something like this being true...

Otis

Think I largely agree with most of that if I am honest. When I think back, it really is only since they killed off Glenn and Abraham and the saviours were introduced that that the series has gone down hill. I think the storyline isn’t FAR off being good it is just a couple of key moments where you think why oh why couldn’t you have done this instead of that.
I like Daryl and carol, but I agree this season hasn’t been great for both of them... but I also don’t think it is helped by the huge cast that they have.
I like michonne but she’s too emotional
Jerry is awesome!
I like rick
Would keep Dwight because he is pretty cool
Everyone else could die.
Knew I missed someone! Yeah, Michonne, still like her. She has reasoning and an emotional side and has developed as a character as the series have worn on.

Otis

There was an initial theory when the walking dead started that this could all be a dream and that rick is just in a Coma, and the more I watch it the more I can see something like this being true...
Yep. Had the same theory myself. Be a bit of a cop out though if we ended up with 10 series and it was all a dream.

Or do you just mean this current series? If so that would make more sense. You look at Negan, cartoonish. Ezekiel, cartoonish. Pudding Bowl, cartoonish.

Everyone has been complaining about the ridiculousness of some of the characters this season, but they I am guessing they are true to the comics.

Interesting.

Could Chandler Riggs just be playing along and his disappointment and his dad's rage be just faked?

ajsccfc

Morgan's going to be in Fear The Walking Dead. Not sure if he's leaving the main show or pulling double duty, but he's another character they've gone all over the place with. I'm not sure there are any major characters who haven't completely flip-flopped on a whim, it's hard to give a shit about them when you don't know who they are any more.

The most consistent character is probably bin lady. Consistently SHIT that is! High five, don't leave me hanging gang

Otis

Morgan's going to be in Fear The Walking Dead. Not sure if he's leaving the main show or pulling double duty, but he's another character they've gone all over the place with. I'm not sure there are any major characters who haven't completely flip-flopped on a whim, it's hard to give a shit about them when you don't know who they are any more.

The most consistent character is probably bin lady. Consistently SHIT that is! High five, don't leave me hanging gang
They have totally messed up the character development. Like you say, characters completely change on a whim.

My favourite characters used to be Rick, Daryl, Carol, Glen and Morgan.

Now, I don't care much for any of them and of course Glen is dead.

Never ever liked Eugene or Carl and now only really care for Maggie.

ajsccfc

I don't mind Aaron, but I think that's because he's generally likeable and they haven't featured him enough to ruin the character yet.

skybluegod

I like rick tbf, as I think he is one of the few characters where you can undertake the flip and flopping, and his reactions seem to be pretty close to human nature... and he does seem to have a reasonable brain!
Daryl until this season was a great character. But because they have given him such little screen time this season, his actions just seem to make such little sense.
Carol has had a couple of really good scenes this season, in terms of action, where she has been badass, but she is no longer very good in the low-key scenes.
Glenn- I miss massively I think it was the right time to kill him off, because it had such a great dramatic effect, but they have almost wasted his death by not showing us enough of maggies mourning and reaction. Or replacing him effectively.
What they need to do is just get back to a core cast, not have 5 different groups, which we are having to try and remember.
And we still don’t know when fucking Heath is gonna be coming back into it!

Users who are viewing this thread