The walking dead starts again tonight (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yeah, enjoyed it, but boy are they dumb sometimes.

'I know, I have a good idea. Let's stand out in the open in plain sight and posture and gloat, whilst wearing great big archery targets on our heads.' 'Yay' says all, nodding in agreement.

As soon as the King kept saying about losing not one, you knew someone was going to die. The characters are complete numpties at times.

Otis

There's three I really cannot stand. The King, Pudding-bowl-headed Woman and Gregory, who is ridiculously over the top. Shame really, because he's a good actor, but in this he is incredibly hammy and way OTT in his weaselness.

ajsccfc

Better episode than last week, but because I didn't really follow where all the various groups were I didn't realise Rick and Darryl were so close to their pals the whole time.

skybluegod

I’m surprised nobody has been killed off yet, yeah okay Aaron’s boyfriend Eric, but I was expecting somebody big to die fairly quickly... although when I was watching I thought Morgan had put the staff through jesus’s throat which would have been a great bit of Filming

skybluegod

There's three I really cannot stand. The King, Pudding-bowl-headed Woman and Gregory, who is ridiculously over the top. Shame really, because he's a good actor, but in this he is incredibly hammy and way OTT in his weaselness.

Yeah I agree on all 3, Ezekiel could be a good character but because they have stuck so much to the comic, he is way too OTT as well.
I don’t know why they let Gregory back in, he made his bed now he has to lie in it.

ajsccfc

Gregory's got to have some kind of comeuppance death on the way, like the fella Negan gutted last season for trying to take Rick's spot.
Hard to give a shit about Eric considering he's just Aaron's occasional on-screen boyfriend and has been literally nothing else the whole time. If Aaron died it'd have more impact.

Otis

Gregory's got to have some kind of comeuppance death on the way, like the fella Negan gutted last season for trying to take Rick's spot.
Hard to give a shit about Eric considering he's just Aaron's occasional on-screen boyfriend and has been literally nothing else the whole time. If Aaron died it'd have more impact.
Agree. It was a bit meh. Not enough depth in the character to care much really.

RegTheDonk

Disappointed with this season so far. They seem to be wandering between various shoot outs which serve no real purpose to the story. The last few weeks could have been merged into one episode - maybe they're spinning things out, short of ideas?

Understand whatshisname from Series 1 popping up was so Rick could reflect and take a good look at himself, but Darel nobbles him within 10 minutes and thats that. Spent god knows how much time on "action" this was a real opportunity to do some character development.

And whats going on with Darel? He's usually the good guy but wants to pop off anybody not on his team (killed the guy at the end without any morals or thought on how the guy could be useful).

And hes not the only one - with all the shit Morgan's been through, this Kung Fu Kane type bloke has now turned into an ultimate killing machine with a pistol or his staff - because one lad got killed last season?
This is a big franchise, but not as big as Game of Thrones. Years ago I struggled and gave up early season two because the cast got bigger and it was confusing....but a few on here said give it another go and stick with it. I have, I've been watching it for the last month or so and am really enjoying it (now on Season 5). What's interesting is, this series is massive. I mean, in terms of money spent and people watching, absolutely huge. The sets, CGI, battle scenes, amount of extras - nothing really like it on television. But you could blow virtually all that away and just watch a few scenes between the main characters: the intregue, the skullduggery, the humour, the tension, the double-dealing...it's all down to great characters, good actors and good writing. Thats what makes it great, IMHO.

I think the problem with TWD is it's got so big in terms of prestige they're trying to re-invent the wheel by making it spectacular. Stick to what always makes good serial drama - the people.

Otis

Disappointed with this season so far. They seem to be wandering between various shoot outs which serve no real purpose to the story. The last few weeks could have been merged into one episode - maybe they're spinning things out, short of ideas?

Understand whatshisname from Series 1 popping up was so Rick could reflect and take a good look at himself, but Darel nobbles him within 10 minutes and thats that. Spent god knows how much time on "action" this was a real opportunity to do some character development.

And whats going on with Darel? He's usually the good guy but wants to pop off anybody not on his team (killed the guy at the end without any morals or thought on how the guy could be useful).

And hes not the only one - with all the shit Morgan's been through, this Kung Fu Kane type bloke has now turned into an ultimate killing machine with a pistol or his staff - because one lad got killed last season?
This is a big franchise, but not as big as Game of Thrones. Years ago I struggled and gave up early season two because the cast got bigger and it was confusing....but a few on here said give it another go and stick with it. I have, I've been watching it for the last month or so and am really enjoying it (now on Season 5). What's interesting is, this series is massive. I mean, in terms of money spent and people watching, absolutely huge. The sets, CGI, battle scenes, amount of extras - nothing really like it on television. But you could blow virtually all that away and just watch a few scenes between the main characters: the intregue, the skullduggery, the humour, the tension, the double-dealing...it's all down to great characters, good actors and good writing. Thats what makes it great, IMHO.

I think the problem with TWD is it's got so big in terms of prestige they're trying to re-invent the wheel by making it spectacular. Stick to what always makes good serial drama - the people.

I accept the Daryl scenario much more so that Morgan's. Daryl's makes sense. Locked up in a dark room, barely fed, mental torture etc. for weeks, if not months on end. Definitely can accept why he has now snapped and is on a one man mission to kill anything that moves. The Morgan one I am struggling with more and it is just not as believable.

The battle scenes are a bit silly, cos it's all out wins for the good guys time and time again and then it's an all out win for the Saviours in a battle.

It's been made to look far too easy these first three episodes.

I have a theory on Daryl though.. ;)

Maybe a bit of a wild one, but Daryl is getting less and less controllable and Rick is beginning to get more and more pee'd off about his maverick against script behaviour.

Daryl says he will kill Dwight and Rick says no. Just wondering if there is a possibility that Rick kills Daryl in the heat of the moment to stop Daryl in the process of killing Dwight?

skybluegod

I accept the Daryl scenario much more so that Morgan's. Daryl's makes sense. Locked up in a dark room, barely fed, mental torture etc. for weeks, if not months on end. Definitely can accept why he has now snapped and is on a one man mission to kill anything that moves. The Morgan one I am struggling with more and it is just not as believable.

The battle scenes are a bit silly, cos it's all out wins for the good guys time and time again and then it's an all out win for the Saviours in a battle.

It's been made to look far too easy these first three episodes.

I have a theory on Daryl though.. ;)

Maybe a bit of a wild one, but Daryl is getting less and less controllable and Rick is beginning to get more and more pee'd off about his maverick against script behaviour.

Daryl says he will kill Dwight and Rick says no. Just wondering if there is a possibility that Rick kills Daryl in the heat of the moment to stop Daryl in the process of killing Dwight?

No way in hell would that happen Otis! Daryll is like family to rick.

But you are right Daryll is clearly pissed about what happened to him and that’s why he is acting like he is.

I think Rick is just trying to keep his humanity this time round, he doesn’t want to lose what he is like he did before, and he doesn’t want to lose anybody else which is why he would never kill Daryll, if I put myself in his shoes, no matter what it’s daryll over every saviour and other person left that isn’t part of their community.

On the Morgan point, it doesn’t really surprise me, he was mental before, and used to ‘clear’, the only thing that saved him was the stick and to stop killing. He taught this to another young boy who was killed in front of him, and he now doesn’t believe in that, or doubts it and so is returning to his old self- he also thinks he can’t die because he considers himself weak, and he once said that the weak people always survive.

Sky_Blue_Daz

How long till a zombie decides to pick up a gun ?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Starting to get a bit bored with it all now. I genuinely could give it a miss and not really notice. Trouble is, 'er indoors wants to watch it (as well as all those other things I don't watch like Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, etc, etc)

Otis

Yeah, quite enjoyed it, but thought the Gabriel/Negan encounter offered very little insight into Negan.

Seemingly he was still an arse in his previous existence.

Houchens Head

Well, I thought that was a load of garbage last night. I couldn't tell whether I was watching what was happening now, what happened a few days ago, what was going to happen.... it was all a total jumble. Hated it. As I posted earlier, I will only watch it further, coz 'er indoors likes the show, but even she said it was rubbish now.

Otis

Well, I thought that was a load of garbage last night. I couldn't tell whether I was watching what was happening now, what happened a few days ago, what was going to happen.... it was all a total jumble. Hated it. As I posted earlier, I will only watch it further, coz 'er indoors likes the show, but even she said it was rubbish now.
Jumping around within time frames does annoy me at times, but I found this episode quite coherent and pretty easy to follow.

It was only that first shot of Rick and Darryl where I didn't understand the timeframe, but it very quickly had the camera panning over to the upturned jeep, so I then knew when and where it was.

ajsccfc

Same, it's probably the only episode where I was happy with it happening at the same time as the others, it tied it all up quite well.

Otis

Not a bad episode
It wasn't, but I wish the script writers wouldn't keep layering sayings and keep bashing us over the head with them, a la the King keep talking about not losing anyone. You knew after about the third time of him saying that he would indeed lose stacks of people.

Last night it was Rick keep saying 'we will win.' The more times he says it the more you know that just ain't going to happen.

It's always set up for a fall. Shame, cos otherwise it was a pretty decent episode, pudding bowl woman apart.

Sky_Blue_Daz

It wasn't, but I wish the script writers wouldn't keep layering sayings and keep bashing us over the head with them, a la the King keep talking about not losing anyone. You knew after about the third time of him saying that he would indeed lose stacks of people.

Last night it was Rick keep saying 'we will win.' The more times he says it the more you know that just ain't going to happen.

It's always set up for a fall. Shame, cos otherwise it was a pretty decent episode, pudding bowl woman apart.
You really don't like her do you

Houchens Head

I yawned a lot during that last episode. Carl is just so unbelievable, it's unreal!

Otis

You really don't like her do you
Nope. Hate the way she talks. I sort of get the King, cos he was trying to be someone every citizen could look up to as a leader and played up on that in his speech. Behind the mask though he talks normally.

Pudding bowl head just talks ridiculously, as if she has only learned how to talk for the first ever time over the past couple of years.

'We take, we don't bother.' It's laughable really. If it had been 30 years since the apocalypse and she had been born and lived in almost total seclusion I could understand it, but she is surrounded by a whole community. I don't get how a whole community can all start talking like 5 year olds in such a short space of time.

Everyone else in the entire TWD world talks like a human. Angrier, More suspicious, more dangerous, yep, but they haven't all started talking nonsense language.

olderskyblue

Everyone else in the entire TWD world talks like a human. Angrier, More suspicious, more dangerous, yep, but they haven't all started talking nonsense language.

The dump squad is like a TWD version of this site... ;)

SkyBlueScottie

Not really sure what happening with TWD or where its going at the minute, the writing is pretty poor, fans dont like characters... I cant help but think the quality has gone down since they started FTWD, speaking of that I see Morgan is the crossover character and he is joing FTWD for season 4.

Back to the writing / direction... there seems to be no semblance of plot ( there is one there but its not coming across very well) are they too reliant on the comic for material, they are 2 different types of media, what works in a comic does not always come across well on TV, they seem to have trouble remembering previous plot lines, or parts of the story. Are they suffering due to the glut of Marvel or DC comic book programmes, cos the majority of all those seem to be more entertaining at the minute rather than TWD.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Enjoyed last nights episode, I do find eugene irritating though.
I hope Lucille visits the top end of his mullet

Otis

Enjoyed last nights episode, I do find eugene irritating though.
I hope Lucille visits the top end of his mullet
Same here!! Thought it was just me.

He annoys the hell out of me and I think in reality Negan would have topped him off ages ago without a second thought.

skybluegod

Soooo is Morgan dead? So the Saviours have broken out, but Rick is only finding out when he gets there? So the snipers are either dead, asleep, or i just need to learn to wait for the next episode.

Otis

Soooo is Morgan dead? So the Saviours have broken out, but Rick is only finding out when he gets there? So the snipers are either dead, asleep, or i just need to learn to wait for the next episode.
Or, all the walkers are inside and the Saviours are still pinned down inside.

Pretty sure even Eugene can't make thousands of bullets at the speed of light just like that.

skybluegod

Or, all the walkers are inside and the Saviours are still pinned down inside.

Pretty sure even Eugene can't make thousands of bullets at the speed of light just like that.

I thought the last scene, was a picture of all those walkers piled up outside? And that the lookout that was hanging from the phone tower was a good guy?
Also I believe the idea was that they would use all of the ammo that they have to kill the walkers- AND THEN Eugene would replace those bullets and more... that’s the impression I got anyway...

Otis

I thought the last scene, was a picture of all those walkers piled up outside? And that the lookout that was hanging from the phone tower was a good guy?
Also I believe the idea was that they would use all of the ammo that they have to kill the walkers- AND THEN Eugene would replace those bullets and more... that’s the impression I got anyway...
Okay.

I couldn't make out what the pile was outside. Maybe my eyes are failing me, but didn't all the walkers go INSIDE? Last we saw they were all going up the stairs. Why would they all be outside again? Would guess the pile outside was just those that had already been killed as they broke through

Maybe I'm wrong, but I got the impression the objective of the Saviours was to flee the nest and go elsewhere, so I wouldn't have thought they would spend time moving all the dead walkers outside.

Otis

General consensus seems to be that the Saviours did indeed make it out. One or two think it may be something else (a trap).

Would assume the snipers retreated, Morgan included.

I must have missed the bit on the ammo. I took it that they hardly had any ammo left.

Just on that thinking, if they had enough ammo left anyway, couldn't they have just blasted their way out at any time? Why were they pinned back? Yep, there's snipers, but they are just snipers, so singular. One per lookout post. If the Saviours burst out the snipers wouldn't be able to pick that many off you would have thought and they would have been able to flee.

Slightly confused by it to be honest. Same as I am slightly confused by Daryl and Tara's dumbness in thinking of the renegade attack in the first place.

Rosita also suddenly seemed to conjure some reticence from somewhere all of a sudden.

Users who are viewing this thread