The Trust (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

It has its compensations though. You can watch the game for free.

Yes and the current method of protesting is working a treat isnt it! I actually agree with mustang and Spionkop, you want media attention you need to do it in the ground and disrupt the game. One or two guys running onto the pitch isnt going to work, you need numbers.

Sitting on the hill with banners etc is fine if there are other things planned i.e. meetings with SISU, ACL, Councillors, FL etc. In isolation it is easily ignored and quickly forgotten particularly as they team are playing so well!

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Disruption inside the ground v Sheffield will bring us attention. Very surprised the younger, vocal sector of our support haven't got this organised. A peaceful pitch invasion will draw a lot of attention to our situation. Peaceful. Just sitting in the centre circle for 5 minutes during the game. Needs to be hundreds for it to work.
Michael and the others, KCIC, NOPM etc, all nice guys doing their best. I applaud that. But for me it isn't direct enough.
A few did it at Crawley. And I honestly wanted all you behind the goal to follow them. But it never happened.
So are Singers Corner going to sort it?

Why is it all for us Singers Corner to sort it for?

Yeah that's my favourite spot at the Ricoh but are you saying I should risk a banning order or a huge fine for the sake of disrupting a game?

RoboCCFC90

What should happen is;

> NOPM/KCIC Protestors should buy tickets into the ground
> Once the game is about to start, do a loud rendition of the the Sky Blue Song
> Continue to support the team for about 10/15 minutes with constant atmosphere (Not negative, just a positive and supportive atmosphere to encourage the players and staff)
> At 15 minutes mark everyone stands up sings 'Take me home' or 'You are my City' and walks out and continue to sing it as we walk out the ground and clear Sixfields.

Could you imagine a mass departure 15 mins into a game? Sky would be all over it with there cameras.

Hobo

I think no Coventry fans in the ground but all outside singing....I think Sky cameras would be all over that as well. I think if Coventry's average away support was higher than at Northampton that would get national coverage as well.

These stances are relative about the plight we are in, no matter how as an individual you apportion the blame.

Nick

Administrator
What should happen is;

> Continue to support the team for about 10/15 minutes with constant atmosphere (Not negative, just a positive and supportive atmosphere to encourage the players and staff)
> At 15 minutes mark everyone stands up sings 'Take me home' or 'You are my City' and walks out and continue to sing it as we walk out the ground and clear Sixfields.

Could you imagine a mass departure 15 mins into a game? Sky would be all over it with there cameras.

Exactly, I also think it would go viral too. It would definitely get more attention than the hill.

It is pointless trying to do anything outside, they might show something in the build up but they are there to show the game so will be inside filming.

RoboCCFC90

Exactly, I also think it would go viral too. It would definitely get more attention than the hill.

It is pointless trying to do anything outside, they might show something in the build up but they are there to show the game so will be inside filming.

Agreed.

People leave all the time five minutes before the end of the game, but if the Sky Blue Army was on top form for fifteen or so minutes and then a mass departure occured, everyone would be writing about it, talking about it and Sky would televise 3D, HD, Mobile and any other way they could!

ccfcmustang

Sky will not take night vision cameras to sixfields. They will not be able to see anyone on the hill. is this not common sense? They might be able to hear you yes but how will that be any different from any other football game on TV? All you might get is the commentator saying "handful of Cov fans on the hill protesting about the move to Northampton" are people really going to waste this opportunity for one measly sentence on live TV?

italiahorse

Inside the ground they will confiscate banners etc, so why not just 20 or so buy tickets and sit in the front row of the stand opposite the camera. All wear a T-Shirt with just ONE letter on it and arrange yourselves in the seating to read "KEEP COVENTRY IN COVENTRY" which will be seen by everyone on TV

They cant confiscate a t-shirt with one letter on it can they ?

Why don't those that currently attend do it ?

Nick

Administrator
Sky will not take night vision cameras to sixfields. They will not be able to see anyone on the hill. is this not common sense? They might be able to hear you yes but how will that be any different from any other football game on TV? All you might get is the commentator saying "handful of Cov fans on the hill protesting about the move to Northampton" are people really going to waste this opportunity for one measly sentence on live TV?

Exactly, it will literally be a couple of words.

trick2

What should happen is;

Love this idea

MichaelCCFC

This has the makings of a really good plan. The people who pay to go inside sixfields but think we should be in cov can do the protests inside the stadium; kcic will be on the Hill (and forget the negative nonsense, when we worked on the media for Colchester game the cov telegraph ignored us but 3 national newspapers and sky didn't and then we also got a brilliant follow up piece on Midlands Today) and the anti-acl brigade of the sba can protest outside the council/ricoh.

What should happen is;

Could you imagine a mass departure 15 mins into a game? Sky would be all over it with there cameras.[/this is thQUOTE]

this is the sort of protest that WILL work, and maybe when everyone is out the ground go to the hill with torches/candles or maybe even get permission for a mini firework display. either way whatever is organised has to be publicised as much as possible. 7000 turned up for the march.with a weeks notice we could get that again with 3 weeks to go

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
This has the makings of a really good plan. The people who pay to go inside sixfields but think we should be in cov can do the protests inside the stadium; kcic will be on the Hill (and forget the negative nonsense, when we worked on the media for Colchester game the cov telegraph ignored us but 3 national newspapers and sky didn't and then we also got a brilliant follow up piece on Midlands Today) and the anti-acl brigade of the sba can protest outside the council/ricoh.

So is that you saying "We are just going to stand on the hill?"

The mass walk out is a great idea.

RoboCCFC90

What should happen is;

Could you imagine a mass departure 15 mins into a game? Sky would be all over it with there cameras.[/this is thQUOTE]

this is the sort of protest that WILwork, and naybe when everyone is out the ground go to the hill with torches/candles or maybe even get permission for a mini firework display. either way whatever is organised has to be publicised as much as possible. 7000 turnef up for the march.with a weeks notice we could get that again with 3 weeks to go

Everyone could walk out and hold blue glow sticks and make a peaceful protest on the hill by holding them in the air?

Grendel

Not a great deal to report at present, but things are starting to warm up.

Warm up? Have you got one of those hearth things so you could look like a proper picket line?

SuperCov

Like the walk out idea. Should make viewers aware of KCIC/SISU OUT/FL failures etc. For me the less inside would work better (make people more aware of what SISU have done by moving away(whether its temporary or not there is an adequate enough ground we could be at, with more people too))

My two penneth.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Covstu

Like the walk out idea. Should make viewers aware of KCIC/SISU OUT/FL failures etc. For me the less inside would work better (make people more aware of what SISU have done by moving away(whether its temporary or not there is an adequate enough ground we could be at, with more people too))

My two penneth.

but isn't this the point, you get as many in there to make it look good when they all walk out otherwise it looks like there are 20 blokes walking out for no reason!

SuperCov

but isn't this the point, you get as many in there to make it look good when they all walk out otherwise it looks like there are 20 blokes walking out for no reason!

Its either fill it, peaceful protest, leave after xx mins. Or nobody goes in which is the protest. For me i think the latter works best. You may disagree, i feel both would get attention to our plight however commentators/press need to be made aware as to why people leaving/not there.

Too be fair...you can still visit your family....that nasty man fisher hasn't moved them as well has he.??

True, but rather than every 2 weeks or so, it's now looking like every couple of months as I am only looking to visiting Coventry next at the end of this month for the first time this season. So I blame Fisher for keeping us apart :D

lewys33

I cant see a good solution to any form of protest at the game. Filling the ground is a ridiculous idea. Standing on the hill .... ok may get a little attention, but not a lot really. Not enough. Any form of "on the pitch" protest is just going to create hassle for us.

I think ill watch this one from home thanks. Although I appreciate the decision everyone else makes!

If Tim Fisher had ANYTHING about him he would walk up to the top of that hill, and ask everyone to come in to the ground for free. Wouldn't that be something?

Covstu

Its either fill it, peaceful protest, leave after xx mins. Or nobody goes in which is the protest. For me i think the latter works best. You may disagree, i feel both would get attention to our plight however commentators/press need to be made aware as to why people leaving/not there.

This is the current situation where 80% of our fans are not attending which isnt really having the desired affect coupled with the fact that the game is on sky which normally drops attendances by another 40% so i doubt this would even been seen as a 'protest' more of a league one attendance on Sky!

Covstu

I cant see a good solution to any form of protest at the game. Filling the ground is a ridiculous idea. Standing on the hill .... ok may get a little attention, but not a lot really. Not enough. Any form of "on the pitch" protest is just going to create hassle for us.

I think ill watch this one from home thanks. Although I appreciate the decision everyone else makes!

If Tim Fisher had ANYTHING about him he would walk up to the top of that hill, and ask everyone to come in to the ground for free. Wouldn't that be something?

That would be something but he would be a brave man if he did!!!

Users who are viewing this thread