The trains and Coventry station platform queue situation (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Another option rather than going to Brum, is to get yourself to Nuneaton. There are a few direct trains from Nuneaton to Euston which are only just a bit slower than from Cov.

Nick

Administrator
Really do not like contactless cards at all.

Anyone who steals your card can lots of fun with £30 purchases.

When my wife worked in a shop, they had a young lad start and a Romanian fella came in and kept buying £25 of ciggies over and over again and the lad didn't realise... He must have been out pick pocketing and rinsed them.

Otis

When my wife worked in a shop, they had a young lad start and a Romanian fella came in and kept buying £25 of ciggies over and over again and the lad didn't realise... He must have been out pick pocketing and rinsed them.
I find it a retrograde step in terms of personal security.

Nick

Administrator
I dont mind it, its much less hassle than putting a pin number in. The awkward but is the couple of seconds after it beeps to make sure its gone through OK before you can go.

Otis

I dont mind it, its much less hassle than putting a pin number in. The awkward but is the couple of seconds after it beeps to make sure its gone through OK before you can go.
I fear someone pinching it though, or you lose the card.

Anyone could use it.

Wilkinson have had many cases of people keep coming in and using them and they have been suspicious, because those involved have looked down and out homeless, druggy types (no not Willenhall people).

Just got my train tickets. Going by Chiltern as Cov station was a right mess for the 'Checkout' last year and is going to by far worse on Monday.
All the Brummies going for a Bank Holiday dayout in London, from New Street and International, will be arriving by bus - right in the middle of where our lads will be queuing.The 'music' fans are going to wandering around in a state of chemically induced fuge and the Virgin staff (judging by last year) aren't going to have a clue what to do. It'll be carnage.
Chiltern - as they did last year - have issued a revised timetable for Monday, with extra trains from Warwick and Leam, calling at Wembley, then going on into central London (Marylebone) - for us serious drinkers who don't like the Green Man lager.
Pile over to Leamington is my advice, if you're going by train.

Otis - Chiltern tickets are refundable if you buy too many. But their seats are upholstered if you sh*t yourself.

We have booked the rugby to Euston train ... is Coventry on the same line?

Anybody have any experience of getting the train from rugby last year ?

lifelongcityfan

Most trains that stop at rugby come from the north via nuneaton. Cov trains do travel thru nuneaton, but typically the fast ones do not stop

PVA

I got the train from Rugby to Wembley (via Watford Junction) last year.

It was fine, had to stand the whole way on the way down but it wasn't too bad.

SKYBLUES90

No but I was on the virgin train from Cov last year which stopped at Rugby.

Train was absolutely mobbed with no room whatsoever, train pulls up at Rugby, doors open and there’s a bloke stood there with a Leicester top on, never have I seen someone’s arse drop like this poor guy, all friendly banter but he got fairly abused.

Safe to say he probably didn’t make it down to London with the 50 odd trains behind all the same.

Nick

Administrator
Did they just let everyone jump on whatever the next train was at Cov last year?

Yeah, I was the 8.50 I think. Got there about 7.30 and had a few cans waiting, there was a massive queue so they just sort of put you on the train where there was space when you got to the front of the queue. Think I ended up on a train at about 10.

Otis

Oh Christ! Did not realise it was that bad! I’ve got a train at 10:21 won’t be rocking up at 10:20 then!
You can have my ticket if you want. ;) That goes earlier and is first class too. :)

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Oh Christ! Did not realise it was that bad! I’ve got a train at 10:21 won’t be rocking up at 10:20 then!

The whole of the main station bit was full of people, then it went outside and then down the side and around the car park. Even if your ticket was for the 9.15 train you werent getting through.

Take plenty of beers with you, or if it's anything like last year you can just drink the 3/4 full ones that people were strangely leaving. Had never seen anything like it. People were baffled when we asked what was up with it. It got to the point I took a picture to try and shame one.

No idea who the legend on the platform was.

20170402_080335.jpg
20170402_111047.jpg

Attachments

• 20170402_091358.jpg
    20170402_091358.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The whole of the main station bit was full of people, then it went outside and then down the side and around the car park. Even if your ticket was for the 9.15 train you werent getting through.

Take plenty of beers with you, or if it's anything like last year you can just drink the 3/4 full ones that people were strangely leaving. Had never seen anything like it.

First beer will be at Euston at about 8pm like last year, I’m keeping the same superstitions that saw us win last year!

hill83

I'm going from Manchester just to avoid Cov station. If that ain't commitment I don't know what is.

I ended up losing a tenner cancelling my ticket but as my mate just said. Sat in cov train station carpark at 12pm dying for a piss or in the green man 8 pints in, no brainer for £10.

Mr pot

It's all super off peak return travel cards - every man women and dog for themselves on Monday - any train you can get on your ticket will be valid

rupert_bear

Train chap on the radio said there are 2 trains an hour Monday instead of the usual 3 plus one special. Not a lot is it, Don’t know how many a train holds but by the above figures going to take a few hours to shift all the fans.

skyblu3sk

I decided to go down Sunday and grab a hotel room for the night. Was pissed off I couldn't book seats on the way back! Wife will be with me and 6months pregnant. Going to be a ray of sunshine if she has to stand all the way home...

Otis

It's all super off peak return travel cards - every man women and dog for themselves on Monday - any train you can get on your ticket will be valid
Well my tickets are specific trains only. Valid only on those particular trains.

itsabuzzard

I decided to go down Sunday and grab a hotel room for the night. Was pissed off I couldn't book seats on the way back! Wife will be with me and 6months pregnant. Going to be a ray of sunshine if she has to stand all the way home...
If anyone on your train's got an ounce of decency, they'll give up their seat for your better half.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread