The spin continues (1 Viewer)

James Smith

Who on earth is 'Ban Ki-Moon'?

General Secretary of the UN. :) Because getting the UN involved normally solves all disputes.

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

I thought that CCC offered that deal months ago, only for Fisher to say 'we can't deal with them, we've moved on' or words to that effect. I personally can't believe anything from TF, ML, JS or any of them.

Exactly. Absolute joker ! Sisu have been the ones waiting for the judicial review and not negotiating. Offers have been made by acl and rejected. Freehold or judicial review is what they've been saying. It's been pathetic bullyboy tactics all the way and most fans are sick of it. Whatever the faults of the council and acl, sisus behaviour and total disregard for the club and the fans (all for their own gain) has been unforgivable.

Grendel

Exactly. Absolute joker ! Sisu have been the ones waiting for the judicial review and not negotiating. Offers have been made by acl and rejected. Freehold or judicial review is what they've been saying. It's been pathetic bullyboy tactics all the way and most fans are sick of it. Whatever the faults of the council and acl, sisus behaviour and total disregard for the club and the fans (all for their own gain) has been unforgivable.

Were you aware that the £400,000 offer went back up to £1.3 million after 3 seasons?

J

Jack Griffin

I think it was early on day 1, sisu's QC trying to say that £200k was rent. Judge said it wasn't rent it was matchday costs, the £1.3m was the rent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

That guy is on the ball..

skybluetony176

Were you aware that the £400,000 offer went back up to £1.3 million after 3 seasons?

Are you aware that subsequent offers have been made since then. So that offer was only relevant to the skeletal arguments in the JR, it's no longer relevant in the context of the club returning to the ricoh.

So if the club returning to the ricoh is all you're interested in it doesn't matter does it and is not worth debating. Lets move on shall we.

Bennets Afro

ACL also put a bid into the adimistrator for the club, so would that make them a competitor also?

"He said: "We are always open to talks. Me and Mr Byng worked hard behind the scenes to try and get a phone call between the council and Sisu about a fortnight ago which we hoped would get them back to the table."

What's Byng got to do with it? Wasn't he supposed to be a 'rival bidder' for SISU before pulling out / not making a bid after all? Was that all just a bluff?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

MMM who just can't accept that and have to continuously be obnoxious.

Look. Try and think it through. Tell me anything Labovitch has done other than inflame any given situation? Seriously. Tell me.

Then, this 'pantomime baddie' wants a cosy chat with CCC/ACL two weeks before his employer is taking them to court.

And you congratulate him?

Bloody hell. You redefine gullible

Astute

Well why not? It would show on CCC's defence that they have always been willing to discuss any negotiations with Sisu/CCFC.. Surely that can only go in there favour?

Well you continue on your "can't do no right from wrong mindset" because it's working wonders, you and many others have been moaning for months that Sisu haven't stepped up to negotiate with CCC yet the moment they try to make a call to get round the table, you can't see the good in it you just continuously undermine what they have done? Is there any point with people like you who can never be satisfied..

So do you know what the call was about Rob?

None of us know what the call was about. But we can take an educated guess. To me if the call was about a rental agreement he would have said that they contacted CCC about a rental agreement. But he said that they contacted the council about an agreement to bring our club home. So the odds are to me was that it was about the freehold. See if CCC would back down two weeks before the JR. So they make the call and then can say that they tried to sort out the mess they caused. Try to make CCC look the bad boys again. All part of the PR campaign. And if I am wrong why is Labo going on about building a stadium again?

You said that it would show that in CCC's defence that it would be shown that they have always been willing to discuss any negotiations with SISU. And that it could go in their favour. CCC/ACL have tried a fair few times to negotiate. It is SISU and Joy that won't negotiate. Or will negotiate and then back out of any agreement. This includes when they could have had a 50% share of the lease that could have been extended to the planned life of the stadium. But it seems that only the freehold will do. Why is this? A 99 year lease would have about the same value of the freehold and would be cheaper to buy into.

You also said that we can't see the good in it and just continuously undermine what they have done. It is more like point out what they have done and will continue to point out what they are doing. They have done such a joke of a job with our club that they don't need undermining. Never be satisfied? What they are after would take state aid. And at a time where are cuts to all budgets. It would also mean Higgs losing out. But how can they expect state aid to help them that there are no funds for especially after the JR that was supposedly about state aid? I for one will never be satisfied whilst they are after something they can't have by law when they say nothing else will do. Why do you think that they have been saying that the JR is just a sideshow?

I was expecting to see something come out of the JR where I could see CCC at fault. All I can see them at fault for maybe is a technicality. Yes the rent was set too high, but were we to expect CCC to put taxpayers money in whilst the arena wasn't bringing any income in? That would have been state aid. And it isn't the job of a local council to prop up a football club.

martcov

Well I thought you would have some really intelligent put down lined up.
I thought a man of your superiority could come up with something better than a regurgitated version of what I posted.

Losing your touch bud.

I don't understand Grendel's fascination with Lucas. He has mentioned her before in sexual inuendos and had ephotos of her available on his computer. I would have thought he would be into Joy.

RoboCCFC90

Look. Try and think it through. Tell me anything Labovitch has done other than inflame any given situation? Seriously. Tell me.

Then, this 'pantomime baddie' wants a cosy chat with CCC/ACL two weeks before his employer is taking them to court.

And you congratulate him?

Bloody hell. You redefine gullible

At least Mark Labovich has tried to being these parties round the table.. Yes the timing could have been better and I indicated this in a earlier post, that said if CCC had said yes I am not sure how it could of gone against them in court and this whole thing could have been sorted.

Yet with yourself there always has to be one thing or another that makes something not good enough..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martcov

I agree wholeheartedly with ML that the JR is a distraction - and an annoying one at that. It shows SISU to be a pretty nasty outfit ( e.g. Suggesting liquidation of ACL as a better alternative to the loan which would have lost the charity it's stake ). What I don't understand is why he thinks the council should want to have anything to do with him shortly before the distraction his firm created comes to a head. The only sensible contact would have been an offer to drop the JR, do a deal on costs incurred by the action ( likely to be more than 1 season's matchday costs ) and then a suggestion of a meeting /discussion of an agenda to get back to the Ricoh. The council may have gone for that.

Astute

At least Mark Labovich has tried to being these parties round the table.. Yes the timing could have been better and I indicated this in a earlier post, that said if CCC had said yes I am not sure how it could of gone against them in court and this whole thing could have been sorted.

Yet with yourself there always has to be one thing or another that makes something not good enough..

Why not answer any of the post I made instead of saying that?

You say he tried to bring everyone around the table. Do you think it was for something that could have been offered? And yes I see the timing as a reason for it to be a freehold or nothing plan. Then he can tell us all that they wanted to talk but CCC won't. And as we can see some will believe every word he says.....and even believe words he never said.

RoboCCFC90

Why not answer any of the post I made instead of saying that?

You say he tried to bring everyone around the table. Do you think it was for something that could have been offered? And yes I see the timing as a reason for it to be a freehold or nothing plan. Then he can tell us all that they wanted to talk but CCC won't. And as we can see some will believe every word he says.....and even believe words he never said.

Hang on a minute I was replying to MMM, don't worry Astute I'll come back to you shortly!

RoboCCFC90

If anyone else fancies a drink, while watching the Holland-Spain game and having some CCFC related banter get down the City Arms tonight with me, Michael and a few others!

RoboCCFC90

So do you know what the call was about Rob?

None of us know what the call was about. But we can take an educated guess. To me if the call was about a rental agreement he would have said that they contacted CCC about a rental agreement. But he said that they contacted the council about an agreement to bring our club home. So the odds are to me was that it was about the freehold. See if CCC would back down two weeks before the JR. So they make the call and then can say that they tried to sort out the mess they caused. Try to make CCC look the bad boys again. All part of the PR campaign. And if I am wrong why is Labo going on about building a stadium again?

You said that it would show that in CCC's defence that it would be shown that they have always been willing to discuss any negotiations with SISU. And that it could go in their favour. CCC/ACL have tried a fair few times to negotiate. It is SISU and Joy that won't negotiate. Or will negotiate and then back out of any agreement. This includes when they could have had a 50% share of the lease that could have been extended to the planned life of the stadium. But it seems that only the freehold will do. Why is this? A 99 year lease would have about the same value of the freehold and would be cheaper to buy into.

You also said that we can't see the good in it and just continuously undermine what they have done. It is more like point out what they have done and will continue to point out what they are doing. They have done such a joke of a job with our club that they don't need undermining. Never be satisfied? What they are after would take state aid. And at a time where are cuts to all budgets. It would also mean Higgs losing out. But how can they expect state aid to help them that there are no funds for especially after the JR that was supposedly about state aid? I for one will never be satisfied whilst they are after something they can't have by law when they say nothing else will do. Why do you think that they have been saying that the JR is just a sideshow?

I was expecting to see something come out of the JR where I could see CCC at fault. All I can see them at fault for maybe is a technicality. Yes the rent was set too high, but were we to expect CCC to put taxpayers money in whilst the arena wasn't bringing any income in? That would have been state aid. And it isn't the job of a local council to prop up a football club.

There are no certainties as to what the call was regarding Astute and therefore I won't guess as to what it was. However what I will say is that any form of discussion regarding bringing the Club home is good and I am sure that CCC rejected the chance because of the JR and nothing else.

Maybe in an ideal world it would be ideal I won't argue with you on that point, but as we have spoken previously CCFC's assets and finances being all over the place it has been established that if you buy the Higgs share of ACL you don't purchase into any extra revenues, but then IEC have a share and the Council have a share, then there is compass, you can sort of see where this is going! It's all over the fooking place! Sisu are obviously thinking that buying into the Freehold gets them the whole lot with a lot less hassle and I don't blame them!

Higgs losing out? Wasn't it just recently that it was revealed that the Higgs share of ACL means squat? Meaning £0. Yet the Higgs still price it at £6.5M..

And that's exactly the point no we shouldn't of expected it, ACL is a separate business to the Council, ACL needs to maximise itself most profitable and not rely on the Council..

shmmeee

FFS people get the owners they deserve.

Can't believe after stringing everyone along with this conspiracy stuff that people are still taking them at their word. Hey, did you hear we are getting stadium plans in three weeks?

I bet Fisher and Labovitch come on here and piss themselves laughing at the people sticking up for them. I know I would.

Also, IMO it's fairly obvious he was talking about negotiations for freehold if you read the interview. He says "the council aren't interested in selling us the stadium" (paraphrasing).

Otis

General Secretary of the UN. :) Because getting the UN involved normally solves all disputes.

Or, he may mean the English football hooligan Ki Moon and the request to stop him from travelling to Brazil.

Message from the courts I believe was - ban Ki Moon.

Astute

There are no certainties as to what the call was regarding Astute and therefore I won't guess as to what it was. However what I will say is that any form of discussion regarding bringing the Club home is good and I am sure that CCC rejected the chance because of the JR and nothing else.

Maybe in an ideal world it would be ideal I won't argue with you on that point, but as we have spoken previously CCFC's assets and finances being all over the place it has been established that if you buy the Higgs share of ACL you don't purchase into any extra revenues, but then IEC have a share and the Council have a share, then there is compass, you can sort of see where this is going! It's all over the fooking place! Sisu are obviously thinking that buying into the Freehold gets them the whole lot with a lot less hassle and I don't blame them!

Higgs losing out? Wasn't it just recently that it was revealed that the Higgs share of ACL means squat? Meaning £0. Yet the Higgs still price it at £6.5M..

And that's exactly the point no we shouldn't of expected it, ACL is a separate business to the Council, ACL needs to maximise itself most profitable and not rely on the Council..

We can agree to disagree on what sort of talks were offered by Labo. If it was a serious offer would Labo say yesterday that the stadium build is still on if they were willing to negotiate a return that didn't mean freehold or nothing?

Buying the freehold or leasehold would get them the same income. If there are any contracts they would stay in place. They are after the unencumbered freehold as they can do more with it. Unencumbered leasehold and unencumbered freehold has the same income.

Oh dear. Back to the SISU valuation of ACL being 0 that was picked up by the judge as being false. Just because SISU say something it doesn't mean it is true. We all know that. Yes this is the reason we are playing in Northampton. To try and devalue everything to do with the arena. And this can bring us back to point one. Why would Labo have looked at a rental agreement when they are trying to devalue ACL by playing elsewhere?

shmmeee

Where are all the facts ml said would come out? He really is an arse

Oh no! I'm sure they were there! I mean he told me so at our fireside chat and Marky wouldn't lie to me, not me, his special fan!

I hope some people feel very foolish, then get very angry with the person that made them look like that. Maybe at last we'll have the united fanbase required to tell these arseholes where to go.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm sorry Rob, you're failing to grasp, or deal with some central points here.

Firstly, as requested, when can you point me to an occassion when Labovitch has done anything other than inflame any situation? Please point me there. In return, I will point you to 20 occassions when he's said the inflammatory, the unneeded, the hostile the crass and the ridiculous.

Secondly, and please think this through, rather than use emotional terms like 'bring us home'; what business, a matter if weeks from defending, not the claimant, but defending a case that threatens their very existence, would have agreed to this; even on a without prejudice basis? Why did the Higgs case take place? Costs were out of kilter with size of claim, no? Was it, therefore, more to do with gleaning information? Convince me otherwise. And as a function of that, and Labovitch's 'previous', that's why any meet wasn't ever going to happen.

Now, if the offer was to meet one week after the Judicial Review. Or the JR has been dropped, and candid talks entered into; I would be fully with you. But think. How much has the JR cost SISU to date? And all this because they care whether or not CCC followed EU notification law with regards a loan? They're that bothered about the semantics and minutiae of EU funding pots? They are picking at the tiniest extremes to get what they really want. You know it. I know it. Successive judges know it.

Drop the JR, drop the claims for unencumbered freehold and sit down wanting to do a deal that's right for the football club. Until then, I'm sorry, it's just posturing and one upmanship. And I'm not as ready to congratulate anyone for that as you. From either side

Last edited:

Astute

FFS people get the owners they deserve.

Can't believe after stringing everyone along with this conspiracy stuff that people are still taking them at their word. Hey, did you hear we are getting stadium plans in three weeks?

I bet Fisher and Labovitch come on here and piss themselves laughing at the people sticking up for them. I know I would.

Also, IMO it's fairly obvious he was talking about negotiations for freehold if you read the interview. He says "the council aren't interested in selling us the stadium" (paraphrasing).

100% as I see it, but because the info came from SISU we are left to read between the lines to find the truth. It can be easy to be mislead by them.

shmmeee

100% as I see it, but because the info came from SISU we are left to read between the lines to find the truth. It can be easy to be mislead by them.

Sorry if I offend here, but I really am tired of this now.

If we'd just met Sisu Rob, et al would have a point: let's give the a go, I'm sure we should allow them the benefit of the doubt, after all we all want City home.

But we haven't and to go in eyes wide open saying "Hey man, maybe this time they really mean it" after broken promise after broken promise after broken promise is frankly just naive to the extreme.

Nick like to take the piss out of people saying "three weeks" the irony that goes over his pretty little head if that it's only become a meme because they consistently break promises. Stereotypes are there for a reason. They have continually looked fans in the face and lied to them, shamelessly. Yet they come out with more ambiguous, dubious comments and people are still willing to give them a go.

I've used the term battered wife syndrome to refer to a lot of fans on here and frankly it's never been more apt.

You can't change them.

They're not really nice really.

You deserve better.

You can get better.

You need to leave their sorry ass.

The Gentleman

How do you know that he has actually tried to bring these parties round the table? As others have said you have no clue whatsoever what the phone call entailed (even if there was one because we are talking about the '3 weeks' man here). You say the timing could have been better but he has said it exactly when he wanted to because it is spin and nothing else. Any sane person knows that CCC would not do anything 2 weeks before the JR based on a 'supposed call' made from the idiot Labovitch.

What he should have done is simply say that Sisu/Otium were willing to take the last offer that was on the table from ACL and would either drop the JR or say that straight after it lets get that offer in place.

How you cannot see that this is simply spin is beyond me but even worse you give the dickhead a pat on the back for it :facepalm:

dadgad

Sadly for the fans and city of Coventry Sisu are a cancer, a ghastly, malignant parasite that's in grave danger of killing its host.
This JR has now exhausted any goodwill that may have remained and it must be hoped that soon, somehow the club can get owners who care.

fernandopartridge

There is nothing stopping the council talking to SISU. It would support their case in some respects and demonstrate that the loan to ACL would help to facilitate rental negotiations.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

There is nothing stopping the council talking to SISU. It would support their case in some respects and demonstrate that the loan to ACL would help to facilitate rental negotiations.

I'm sorry, but I should imagine the very strongest legal advice from their counsel. As defendant, they had everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Drop the imminent JR, then yes. With it imminent, come on, be realistic

AFCCOVENTRY

I believe the council will be willing to talk to sisu after the jr verdict. Sisu knew very well they wouldn't engage prior to this. It's just childish games which we are all sick of.

My other thought is that the jr is a convenient way to prolong any return to the Ricoh to distress acl a little further. They knew the time it would take to do run this etc. I put nothing past sisu in their games.

martcov

except a court case and legal advice.... SISU could have dropped this annoying ( fan and CCC POV ) JR and arranged a meeting. It would have supported SISU's case for an agreement. They didn't - blame lies squarely with SISU as instigators of the JR.

Users who are viewing this thread