The spin continues (2 Viewers)

RoboCCFC90

"We are always open to talks. Me and Mr Byng worked hard behind the scenes to try and get a phone call between the Council and Sisu about a fortnight ago which we hoped would get them back behind the table."

"But they (the council) quite clearly stated that they had no interest in meeting ahead of the judicial review"

I almost want to be angry at this information but it's understandable really.. Let's just hope that once the dusts settles Mark Labovtich will try again.

Dare I say good effort Mr Labovitch..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Labovitch said:
"This is a side show that has nothing to do with the football club."

So why are you, and the entire management team of the football club, plus football club supporters representatives and football club local media all in attendance?

Edit: So, business as usual for the next three weeks then? No comment from the council, Labovitch et al saying what they've always said. How dull.

lifelongcityfan

i thought tf said the cub had moved on!!!..looks like they are getting desperate now.
if it was just a side show why did sisu spend 200-300k in bringing the case..

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

i thought tf said the cub had moved on!!!..looks like they are getting desperate now.

Forget the pettiness for a second at least their trying they could just remain being stubborn! I can't see anything being thrashed out until after the JR..

shmmeee

Take the positive though, that he wants talks about the club returning to the Ricoh.

That's a start!

Always happy for that. Still think it's a little naive to expect open and honest negotiations while the two are in the middle of a court battle, but what's done is done now. How about an offer to play for the cost of Sixfields next season to the council, made publicly? Now, that would get things moving.

AFCCOVENTRY

Mark L is an absolute tool. He really adds nothing to proceedings other than spin and to try muddy the waters.

Mark knows very well that the council are in a media blackout and also will not engage with any party until the JR is concluded. Let's remember sisu are the reason this 'sideshow' court appearance is taking place.

What I want to know as well is what is Byng's game here? On a number of times he has been seen warming up next to Fisher and co at games.

For all we know Mark might be telling fibs about trying to meet the council a few weeks prior to the JR. It's more spin to show they are trying to do what's best for the club.

Anyway Mark...if you are so keen to meet with the council to thrash out a deal then what's happening with the new stadium pal?

Sisu have to really stop thinking the fans are stupid.

skybluetony176

Always happy for that. Still think it's a little naive to expect open and honest negotiations while the two are in the middle of a court battle, but what's done is done now. How about an offer to play for the cost of Sixfields next season to the council, made publicly? Now, that would get things moving.

That would be the next logical step.

TheRoyalScam

I thought that CCC offered that deal months ago, only for Fisher to say 'we can't deal with them, we've moved on' or words to that effect. I personally can't believe anything from TF, ML, JS or any of them.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
ML wanted talks on what exactly ?

mark_ccfc

Smug tw%t

The JR is everything to SISU because they are trying to get leverage through damages and the council loan being revoked.
If they win then wait for more months of court action.

If they lose then wait for an appeal and more months of waiting.

I hate SISU.

This is my argument for a Phoenix club. If another club (brand new with no baggage) were to start up at the Ricoh and got 10,000 plus support and were charged a reasonable rent by the council then the CCC/ACL/RICOH arrangement would be viable again, with or without the council loan.

This would give SISU nothing to fight for and you wouldn't see SISU for dust. Once SISU let go of CCFC the two clubs could be merged and hey-presto, back to normal.

Trouble is people don't see this and play into SISUs hands.

:blue:

Nick

Administrator
Smug tw%t

The JR is everything to SISU because they are trying to get leverage through damages and the council loan being revoked.

I hate SISU.

This is my argument for a Phoenix club. If another club (brand new with no baggage) were to start up at the Ricoh and got 10,000 plus support and were charged a reasonable rent by the council then the CCC/ACL/RICOH arrangement would be viable again, with or without the council loan.

This would give SISU nothing to fight for and you wouldn't see SISU for dust. Once SISU let go of CCFC the two clubs could be merged and hey-presto, back to normal.

How is a new team going to get 10,000 every week? What would make the rent reasonable / how much would you suggest? How would the club raise funds when playing in non league to play at the Ricoh?

Grendel

Smug tw%t

I hate SISU.

Top wumming - at least I hope you are not serious.

hill83

[video=youtube_share;PAcnDevkTnc]http://youtu.be/PAcnDevkTnc[/video]

bigfatronssba

How is a new team going to get 10,000 every week? What would make the rent reasonable / how much would you suggest? How would the club raise funds when playing in non league to play at the Ricoh?

Well according to sisu's lawyers actual matchday costs at the Ricoh are only £2k.

I think even a very modestly supported phoenix club could afford that.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

"We are always open to talks. Me and Mr Byng worked hard behind the scenes to try and get a phone call between the Council and Sisu about a fortnight ago which we hoped would get them back behind the table."

"But they (the council) quite clearly stated that they had no interest in meeting ahead of the judicial review"

I almost want to be angry at this information but it's understandable really.. Let's just hope that once the dusts settles Mark Labovtich will try again.

Good effort? Is that a joke?

What defendant would jeopardise their defence by meeting - even without prejudice - a fortnight before a judicial review? It's not even a joke, it's a sick joke

Kingokings204

What happened to push forward to the new stadium bollocks?

Laughable really. Only positive sounds like he is admitting defeat knowing sisu are not confident and he wants talks.

If he was going to win etc you wouldn't want to know surely. I want talks also so credit where Credit is due and let's hope back at Ricoh for new season.

Sky Blue Dal

After all what has gone on with SISU taking them to court, do we really think they can sit around the table and negotiate ???

Lets be realistic about this, what are we going to achieve other than whenever SISU disagree with what the CCC have to say, they back in court again. The tax payer cannot keep funding these court cases.

I personally think most here are clutching straws hoping SISU will sit down and resolve this. Hasn't worked so far and too much water has gone under the bridge.

If I was the CCC I would not touch them with a barge pole in fear of being taken to court again.

One's you have had your hands burnt, you learn not to put your hand in the fire again.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

After all what has gone on with SISU taking them to court, do we really think they can sit around the table and negotiate ???

Lets be realistic about this, what are we going to achieve other than when SISU disagree with what CCC have to say and then back in court again. The pax payer cannot keep funding these court cases.

I personally think most hear are clutching straws hoping SISU will sit down and resolve this. Hasn't worked so far and too much water has gone under the bridge.

If I was the CCC I would not touch them with a barge pole in fear of being taken to court again.

One's you have had your hands burn, you learn not to put your hand in the fire again.

Very good point.

Dealing with sisu is a gamble for CCC.

If the Council win the JR, what motive is there for them to deal with sisu?

bigfatronssba

No doubt the council would ask for the money up front & rip their arm off...then remind them that it's ACL they need to discuss any rental terms with.

PUSB

They could then say that when they ripped Fisher's arm off it was merely a farewell gesture and not an agreement on the deal.

Kingokings204

Very good point.

I agree but the deal is still to be done. Ccfc playing in Coventry is a success with what's gone on and brings the money back to Cov which is needed.

I wouldn't touch sisu like you say but we need Cov back in Cov so a deal must be done.

150k a year for ten years looks bloody good now when fisher shook on 400k apparently. Twat.

bigfatronssba

I agree but the deal is still to be done. Ccfc playing in Coventry is a success with what's gone on and brings the money back to Cov which is needed.

I wouldn't touch sisu like you say but we need Cov back in Cov so a deal must be done.

150k a year for ten years looks bloody good now when fisher shook on 400k apparently. Twat.

I'm not saying I don't want a deal to be done, just I could understand CCC being cautious, especially if they lose the JR.

I hope your calling Fisher the twat and not me.;)

Kingokings204

I'm not saying I don't want a deal to be done, just I could understand CCC being cautious, especially if they lose the JR.

I hope your calling Fisher the twat and not me.;)

Lol defo fisher. I mean he shook apparently on 400k we are told and he got offered 150k on August 1st 2013 for ten years plus match day costs which are again apparently 2k a match so a year would be around 225k a year all in.

I mean what was he thinking. Though to be fair to tim I reckon he would of done this as it sounds like JS said no and thought Northampton was better. Remember fisher agreed 400k a year and JS said no we were told.

Couldn't agree more if I was ccc I would be so cautious but for the good of Coventry and the fans they have to talk and aren't they still owed this 590k? Still dragging on that bit. Annoys me also.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
First off SISU need to state clearly and publically what it is they want the Ricoh or a new stadium...... and then JS, TF, ML, etc to ALL stick to it.

If it is the Ricoh Arena they need to be very clear as to what basis of return they have in mind and what is definitely out.

If it is to be at the Ricoh then they need to approach not only CCC but also ACL and Charity because without all three a solution is going to be very long winded indeed.

The approach needs to be made by a party that ACL, CCC, Charity will trust ..... I am not at all sure that is Byng

The first question they need to ask is what sort of deal is actually available. CCC, ACL, Charity must be equally clear as to what they will or will not do. From there SISU have other decisions to make..... because it might only be a decent rent deal.... that may suit CCFC but SISU? that's a different matter I would guess.

At that point it is go forward get it done constructively, compromise where necessary make it damn well make it work ......or draw a line and go do something else.....

But it is well past time for all sides to stop playing these silly games. Hiding behind Press statements of "they wont talk to me" is not going to get a solution...... go do something say something that makes them want to talk! ....... all it ever seems to be are invites to see you in court!!!

Right am off to kick a ball or something :slap:

Last edited:

Grendel

I'll take that as a compliment from the top wummer himself.

Bet you got excited at those pictures of Joy recently didn't you?

Shall I PM you so e pictures of Mucas? I bet you won't be able to walk for a week.

mark_ccfc

How is a new team going to get 10,000 every week? That's my point, they are not.

What would make the rent reasonable / how much would you suggest? To be discussed with the council of course

How would the club raise funds when playing in non league to play at the Ricoh? The usual way - sponsorship/gate receipts etc etc

mark_ccfc

Shall I PM you so e pictures of Mucas? I bet you won't be able to walk for a week.

Well I thought you would have some really intelligent put down lined up.
I thought a man of your superiority could come up with something better than a regurgitated version of what I posted.

Losing your touch bud.

RoboCCFC90

Good effort? Is that a joke?

What defendant would jeopardise their defence by meeting - even without prejudice - a fortnight before a judicial review? It's not even a joke, it's a sick joke

No your right how stupid that CCFC tried pursuing talks at all .. What a joke!

RoboCCFC90

Very good point.

According to the Council they have always wanted the Club at the Ricoh, plus there is no way that anyone can deny that CCFC is the best sporting option that ACL could have as a tenant in the Arena..

Users who are viewing this thread