The Ricoh (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

ccfcricoh

I'm not going to pretend to know how much the rent for a stadium should be, nor do i know what we used to pay the Wasps or what we play Blues now.

But surely, the only way SISU will go back to the Ricoh is if Wasps offer the same deal as Blues are, and sort the pitch out.

They wont go back to support Wasps unnecessarily. I appreciate Wasps have the upper hand as they own the thing, but reading that forum is hilarious, they dont appreciate how much they need us, i have no doubt in 5 years time, Coventry will be playing in Coventry (one way or another) and Wasps wont be at the Ricoh, they'll either not exist, they'll play in a shed somewhere or professional rugby as a whole will have taken one hell of a hit!

Liquid Gold

Are they mad? We turned a profit last year and although that isn't likely to be repeated this year we have no stadium upkeep costs and our income is about to skyrocket, TV money is going from a few hundred thousand to several million and when fans are allowed back we're going to be hosting teams that bring thousands not hundreds.

ccfcricoh

Are they mad? We turned a profit last year and although that isn't likely to be repeated this year we have no stadium upkeep costs and our income is about to skyrocket, TV money is going from a few hundred thousand to several million and when fans are allowed back we're going to be hosting teams that bring thousands not hundreds.
They're in their little egg shaped bubble!

All we need is SISU to bring the pin (announcing they have planning permission to build on a site in Coventry should do the trick, bye bye Wasps*)

Appreciate the odds of this are slim to non existent!

Peter Billing

I'm not going to pretend to know how much the rent for a stadium should be, nor do i know what we used to pay the Wasps or what we play Blues now.

But surely, the only way SISU will go back to the Ricoh is if Wasps offer the same deal as Blues are, and sort the pitch out.

They wont go back to support Wasps unnecessarily. I appreciate Wasps have the upper hand as they own the thing, but reading that forum is hilarious, they dont appreciate how much they need us, i have no doubt in 5 years time, Coventry will be playing in Coventry (one way or another) and Wasps wont be at the Ricoh, they'll either not exist, they'll play in a shed somewhere or professional rugby as a whole will have taken one hell of a hit!

Yes for all the talk about indemnities and EU commission, the fact is that Wasps have to provide a playing surface for football. They can't do it, they have no track record of doing it and they have no room whatsoever in their finances to invest in it.

ccfcricoh

Yes for all the talk about indemnities and EU commission, the fact is that Wasps have to provide a playing surface for football. They can't do it, they have no track record of doing it and they have no room whatsoever in their finances to invest in it.
Agree, we have no interest in renting a rugby ground and pitch. So, they can go and find a rugby tenant (good luck with that)...

We need a football stadium and pitch, if they can't provide that, then we wont be there or paying them a penny

Grendel

This is all very bold talk but in two years we have no club and the closer that reAlity gets the weaker the negotiating position

The coventrian

Ooh I wouldn’t rush back. If we could convince 15 to 20k fans over to St Andrews I’d be all in to stay. But the telegraph and CWR have done their job well and we’re likely to be around 10k next season.

I want Robins to have the biggest budget possible, and having 20-25k regularly will help this

if it’s behind closed doors I wouldn’t rush back at all. But I don’t think we can play it at Ryton. You still need significant media facilities to play in the championship
Its nothing to do with the telegraph or cwr. The majority of us wont watch our club in brum. If your fine with it then that's your call.
You say we shouldn't rush back but we've been here before. What about if we stay another 2 seasons in brum and wasps are still alive and kicking? What then? Give it another 2,3 years?

peaches and cream

Firstly congratulations on promotion i don't think there is anybody that can say it isn't deserved, secondly i think all parties need to take a deep breathe calm down a sort out a deal that is profitable for both parties.

mr_monkey

Its nothing to do with the telegraph or cwr. The majority of us wont watch our club in brum. If your fine with it then that's your call.
You say we shouldn't rush back but we've been here before. What about if we stay another 2 seasons in brum and wasps are still alive and kicking? What then? Give it another 2,3 years?

And when we get back to Coventry people like you will still make excuses not to go as you did before we were forced to go to brum

Alex1987

Firstly congratulations on promotion i don't think there is anybody that can say it isn't deserved, secondly i think all parties need to take a deep breathe calm down a sort out a deal that is profitable for both parties.

I've always though the two should work together.....but that would need SISU to buy half the ground from Wasps at the price Wasps paid....never going to happen!

The coventrian

And when we get back to Coventry people like you will still make excuses not to go as you did before we were forced to go to brum
What are you on about you cretin.
People like me? Yeah I've not had a st for 3 years now but I had one every season since 96 up until sixfields then renewed when we returned. So fuck off with your divisive bullshit as you know fuck all about me.

mr_monkey

People like me? Yeah I've not had a st for 3 years now but I had one every season since 96 up until sixfields then renewed when we returned. So fuck off with your divisive bullshit as you know fuck all about me.

So you've just proven my point as we were only in Brum for 1 year what was your excuse for the two years before that? And what will be different when we go back to cov next season

Nick

Administrator

You have just proved his point.

We were only at St Andrews for one.

The coventrian

So you've just proven my point as we were only in Brum for 1 year what was your excuse for the two years before that? And what will be different when we go back to cov next season
Oh ok so I never had a st since 2017 it meant I never went to any games? Oh ok then. I didn't renew. So what. Sitting in one stand was Terrible. I used to sit in block 28 row v behind the goal. Just like I did at hr. Sitting in the Tesco was shit imo. I know we've been at st Andrew's for 1 season. Of what relevance is that? Yiyve accused me of not going before which is bollocks.

Nick

Administrator
Oh ok so I never had a st since 2017 it meant I never went to any games? Oh ok then. I didn't renew. So what. Sitting in one stand was Terrible. I used to sit in block 28 row v behind the goal. Just like I did at hr. Sitting in the Tesco was shit imo. I know we've been at st Andrew's for 1 season. Of what relevance is that? Yiyve accused me of not going before which is bollocks.

The stand has been closed since about 2015 hasn't it?

peaches and cream

Hopefully you lot fuck off back to London sooner rather than later
That might happen it might not and none of us know for sure how things will pan out, everyone can argue about who's fault the current situation is but that won't change anything so surely the best thing short term would be to sort out a deal, no deal is ever going to be perfect for either side but as a starting point i don't see why they can't agree a sensible rent with CCFC paying all match day cost and then keeping all match day profits.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe your right. I guess every year before since 96 is irrelevant though?

It is really that you say you are angry and you don't go because we play out of the city yet don't really bother when we play in it.

You proved his point without realising it.

Grendel

I will say it again - we won’t exist as a club beyond the next two seasons unless we play at the Ricoh

The coventrian

It is really that you say you are angry and you don't go because we play out of the city yet don't really bother when we play in it.

You proved his point without realising it.
What are you on about you thick twat. Have you proof that I never went anyway? Did you sit outside my house watching? You know nothing nick so fuck off and bore someone else you fuvking scab c**t.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’d disagree, the media have turned this whole thing against SISU when there could have been a deal but for an indemnity clause. Now forget the rights or wrongs of that clause - this is the sticking point.

As a fan base we hate our owners that much were willing to hurt our club to spite the owners. If this happened to Leeds, whilst they’d hate the owner they’d have 30,000 every week if they were renting say old Trafford.

peaches and cream

Although I firmly believe Wasps have no place in Coventry peaches and cream in fairness is far more reasonable than a lot of their forum members
members of my family are season ticket holders and I have no ill feeling towards CCFC or their supports (regardless of the abuse i receive), Wasps are now in Coventry and regardless of what is going to happen long term something needs to be done to start to rectify this shit sandwich immediately, i'm sure somebody will come out with comments like "well if you fuck off back to London that will solve everything" but right here right now that's not going to happen so lets all grow up and find a sensible short term solution.

Nick

Administrator
What are you on about you thick twat. Have you proof that I never went anyway? Did you sit outside my house watching? You know nothing nick so fuck off and bore someone else you fuvking scab c**t.

I'm hardly the thick one when you just proved the guys point without realising.

Chin up.

pastythegreat

Firstly, congratulations on your car crash of a season. Only saved by Saracens and coincided with kicking put the Citys 130year football club. Went from bad to worse. Dreadful attendances, even worse on pitch performances. Cant say it hasn't made a LOT of people in the city smile.

The best deal that can be done is w**ps fuck off back to London where they belong!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Firstly, congratulations on your car crash of a season. Only saved by Saracens and coincided with kicking put the Citys 130year football club. Went from bad to worse. Dreadful attendances, even worse on pitch performances. Cant say it hasn't made a LOT of people in the city smile.

The best deal that can be done is w**ps fuck off back to London where they belong!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Wasps are two points off the top 4 - this is not really helpful is it

mr_monkey

That might happen it might not and none of us know for sure how things will pan out, everyone can argue about who's fault the current situation is but that won't change anything so surely the best thing short term would be to sort out a deal, no deal is ever going to be perfect for either side but as a starting point i don't see why they can't agree a sensible rent with CCFC paying all match day cost and then keeping all match day profits.

Short term for us hopefully until wasps fold and or revert to type and bugger off again somewhere

No ill will to yourself personally at all but from the start of this wasps experiment both the football club and rugby club of this city have been treated like second class citizens in favour of a rugby club from London, that's what annoys me the most, if we had been offered the same deal for the ground as wasps were and we didn't take it fair enough but everything has been done to try and make wasps successful and it has failed miserably which I will admit gives me great joy especially when the exiled football club have been so successful

skybluesam66

members of my family are season ticket holders and I have no ill feeling towards CCFC or their supports (regardless of the abuse i receive), Wasps are now in Coventry and regardless of what is going to happen long term something needs to be done to start to rectify this shit sandwich immediately, i'm sure somebody will come out with comments like "well if you fuck off back to London that will solve everything" but right here right now that's not going to happen so lets all grow up and find a sensible short term solution.
Wasps accept that CCFC can do nothing about the EU investigation into Coventry City council ?
Not an investigation into Wasps who are not involved in any legal challenge at all!

mr_monkey

You really don't help yourself or your point when you have outbursts like this (reminds me of certain Twitter accounts....) And I also refuse to believe that you are older than say 15 due to the way you post so I call bollocks on being a season ticket holder for that long

Users who are viewing this thread