The Ricoh (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

Interesting post on the wasps forum regarding any deal aoround us returning to the ricoh.
Most agree that the current situation needs changing for the good of both clubs however they seem to think that we should basically be charged a lot more for the use of the ground a long with the seats should be changed to wasps colours and rugby fixtures should take priority whilst admitting that they need us more than we need them at this time and wasps have been hit hard financially whilst we are on the up.

i think they dont quit understand the term negotiation and our city
DrunkenWasps.com - Do we want Cov FC back at the wasps nest next season?

Sick Boy

Interesting post on the wasps forum regarding any deal aoround us returning to the ricoh.
Most agree that the current situation needs changing for the good of both clubs however they seem to think that we should basically be charged a lot more for the use of the ground a long with the seats should be changed to wasps colours and rugby fixtures should take priority whilst admitting that they need us more than we need them at this time and wasps have been hit hard financially whilst we are on the up.

Genuinely hope they go out of business, disgusting club and fans.

Kingokings204

Genuinely hope they go out of business, disgusting club and fans.

I agree. However we would be silly to not negotiate and get a deal that benefits us. We have hit some sort of bigtime here and 2 promotions in 3 years with a manager we trust more than any other.
It’s time to move on and make hay while the sun shines.
Obviously if wasps are being dicks then fine but I would think during these times they want to talk and talk fast I would suggest.

Magwitch

I don’t get too involved with the Ricoh issue as it just seems to go round and round in circles with the same mantra but reading the relevant Wasps thread above thouroughly illustrates to me the potential risks to not having our own ground.
I’m now more seriously believing we need our own stadium so we need to know a plan first where, then how and then when is that too difficult ?

The coventrian

Instead of bringing up yet another wasps debate why dont you lean on our owners about this new ground they promised 7 years ago and have started dribbling on about it again in the last 18 months. All our problems about a home would be solved if they put their money where their mouths were.

Tommo1993

I’m sure Wasps will be itching to make contact. Don’t think they can afford to play hard to get. We need to also not walk into a trap.

What a lovely predicament all this and the past has made! Not.

jordan210

So many wasps fan do not understand the situation. I keep seeing we cant do anything until CCFC drop the legals.

What legals the issue is your club and the indemnity

Reactions: vow

The coventrian

So many wasps fan do not understand the situation. I keep seeing we cant do anything until CCFC drop the legals.

What legals the issue is your club and the indemnity
But there would of been no indemnity if sisu wouldn't have run off to the eu court. We need our own ground simple as. Why wont the owners build?

robbiekeane

Reading that made me cringe, what a bunch of toffs. Definitely think they’re something special. I hope they go bust or build our own stadium, however unlikely that may be

The coventrian

Why the indemnity if they claim to have done nothing wrong?
Havent a clue. Maybe its extra security just incase sisu were to find some dodgy loophole? Who knows. Negotiations on a rental deal were going fine last close season werent they until that bombshell was dropped.

jordan210

But there would of been no indemnity if sisu wouldn't have run off to the eu court. We need our own ground simple as. Why wont the owners build?

Not this again. The EU complaint is against CCC for state aid issues.

Im sure all tax payers would like to see if CCC have been miss using public money.

Anyway we don't need to go over this crap at the moment. We are going to enjoy our title and promotion

Reactions: vow

Tomh111

I would be interested to know Wasps contingency plans for the upcoming season and the current state of their accounts.

From what I remember they were already beginning to look financially unstable before the pandemic (IIRC weren't there a number of bonds due to be repaid?)

Given the complete loss of income rugby clubs have faced and the comparative lack of TV revenue I would imagine the financial outlook has gone from precarious to down right fucking scary for their owners.

If that is the case I would be staying away from the negotiating table and dialing up the heat on them. If they go bump or the brown and smelly hits the fan for them, that stadiums asking price falls dramatically.

The coventrian

Reading that made me cringe, what a bunch of toffs. Definitely think they’re something special. I hope they go bust or build our own stadium, however unlikely that may be
Probably a load of wankers from kenilworth who clean their car tyres when they get home after being in 'dirty Coventry'

The coventrian

Im sure all tax payers would like to see if CCC have been miss using public money.
Yes I know but we all know wasps and the council are webbed up together. Of course it'll affect wasps in some way.

Nick

Administrator
Havent a clue. Maybe its extra security just incase sisu were to find some dodgy loophole? Who knows. Negotiations on a rental deal were going fine last close season werent they until that bombshell was dropped.

No they weren't, were they?

The only way Wasps will lose anything is if the council are found to be in the wrong. It's as simple as that.

It's almost as if the angry man who likes to tell everybody his morals doesn't really have a clue, standard.

robbiekeane

They knew about it for months before they pretended it was new news...they were never intending to make a deal.

shmmeee

Anyway we don't need to go over this crap at the moment. We are going to enjoy our title and promotion

Not *this* again.

It’s patently ridiculous to pretend the complaint has no impact on Wasps.

Jesus do we really need to keep going round in these circles?

Far more interesting is the question of WTF is happening with the complaint? It’s been over a year now and not a peep out of the EC/whoever the fuck it is before some pedant steps in.

Let’s be honest here, that’s what we’re waiting on, not an outbreak of common sense from the hedge funds

robbiekeane

Do you have any evidence that they werent intending to do a deal?
I just gave you some didn’t I? The one factor that apparently scuppered talks at the last minute, was a complaint lodged 3 months previously with the EC so they would’ve known about it already?
So the dealbreaker was known before entering any talks?

Magwitch

The thing is, like it or not Wasps have the whip hand in negotiations, I can’t see the EFL and certainly not the Premiership allowing us to be nomadic for ever. IF ccfc realistically identified a location for a stadium surely that alone reduces the Wasps whip hand.

The coventrian

Not *this* again.

It’s patently ridiculous to pretend the complaint has no impact on Wasps.

Jesus do we really need to keep going round in these circles?

Far more interesting is the question of WTF is happening with the complaint? It’s been over a year now and not a peep out of the EC/whoever the fuck it is before some pedant steps in.

Let’s be honest here, that’s what we’re waiting on, not an outbreak of common sense from the hedge funds
These are probably the same people lording sisu about breaking the lease and now moaning about wasps hijacking the stadium that our wonderful owners said they didn't want.

The coventrian

I just gave you some didn’t I? The one factor that apparently scuppered talks at the last minute, was a complaint lodged 3 months previously with the EC so they would’ve known about it already?
So the dealbreaker was known before entering any talks?
Tbh theres that much shit gone on over the years I cant even remember what's right and what's wrong. This can all be traced back to the original breaking of the lease though. What a masterstroke eh.

Nick

Administrator
Tbh theres that much shit gone on over the years I cant even remember what's right and what's wrong. This can all be traced back to the original breaking of the lease though. What a masterstroke eh.

So you keep saying but again you seem to have forgotten what happened.

shmmeee

These are probably the same people lording sisu about breaking the lease and now moaning about wasps hijacking the stadium that our wonderful owners said they didn't want.

They are exactly those people. The ones who wet themselves at how clever we were to fuck over the council because no one else would ever want the stadium. They don’t mention that much now though, too busy finding any straws they can grasp to make it look like they weren’t wrong.

Nick

Administrator
They are exactly those people. The ones who wet themselves at how clever we were to fuck over the council because no one else would ever want the stadium. They don’t mention that much now though, too busy finding any straws they can grasp to make it look like they weren’t wrong.

When ACL were trying their best to club into Administration with the Trust and Haskell pulling themselves off because they thought they would take over. Would the lease have broken?

At this time, had ACL and the Council already been tapping up Wasps for the Ricoh? Yes or no.

Another thing that seems to keep vanishing from people's memories.

shmmeee

When ACL were trying their best to club into Administration with the Trust and Haskell pulling themselves off because they thought they would take over. Would the lease have broken?

If my granny had wheels would she be a bus?

Users who are viewing this thread