The Ricoh.. (2 Viewers)

djr8369

They’ve never quite clarified what that means though have they. Do they want no legal action of any kind or do they just not want to be involved in any. Part of these negotiations could be that they’ve let sisu go after the council if they’re left out of it.

Yeah last nights news (if true) does support this but then wasps and the council seem to have been working very closely on this issue so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
Yeah last nights news (if true) does support this but then wasps and the council seem to have been working very closely on this issue so far.

Naive to think they haven't been since the start.

torchomatic

Just catching up on this really. So, Gilbert says SISU are going to the EU to challenge decision or whatever; he has no proof whether this is true or not. Twitter and here goes into meltdown.

THe club released a statement a few days ago saying they were still in talks, didn't they? So, nothing to worry about.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I don't know how much of it is "SISU going after the Council". SISU may (or may not) have made a complaint to the European Commission that CCC used public money to support a commercial organisation (Wasps), by selling the Ricoh to them below its value. It would be the EC who will be investigating if there is a case to answer, and it would be them who would be "going after" the Council. Whether they see it as significant enough is up to them, but I Giblet seems to think that they could force Wasps to pay the shortfall back to the public purse. SISU have raised the complaint, but i don't think it is them who would be a party in any legal case.

Liquid Gold

This is Gilbert at his worst Lego head self. He’s done this for attention. There is no public interest and all it will do is rock the Apple cart if negotiations are still ongoing. There is no chance this would have been tweeted if it was a legal matter relating to a new buyer or something like that. It’s just to generate traffic by having a go at sisu. Even if they have gone down this route then let the negotiations play out and NDA expire before ruining everything.

Nick

Administrator
This is Gilbert at his worst Lego head self. He’s done this for attention. There is no public interest and all it will do is rock the Apple cart if negotiations are still ongoing. There is no chance this would have been tweeted if it was a legal matter relating to a new buyer or something like that. It’s just to generate traffic by having a go at sisu. Even if they have gone down this route then let the negotiations play out and NDA expire before ruining everything.

Add in that Jimmy Hill Way piped up the other day and the weird accounts on social media.

It's part of something ;)

chiefdave

This means that they could only be complaining about the UK courts or the council. In no way can this involve the franchise at all so it shouldn't be a barrier to their demands, if they do kick the club out because of this it will only be due to them protecting the council.
Gilbert has said it doesn't change wasps stance as it's still legals about the ricoh. Wasn't the wasps stance about wasps being involved?
I have concerns about what is essentially blackmail being used to try and force a legal challenge against a public body to be withdrawn when it involved Wasps. If it doesn't involve them there is no excuse for them then using that as a reason for not allowing the club to stay at the Ricoh.

Interview didn’t really clear anything up at all, Gilbert spouting his usual bullshit all night we just need to wait and see what comments the main parties make today hopefully
Haven't Wasps and CCFC already said they won't be commenting?

torchomatic

jordan210

I never realised that the first valuation was done when the stadium was empty and was based on it (iv I'm reading things correct)

Thats like valuing a new build house and selling it on the cheap as no one lives in it yet.

Nick

Administrator
I never realised that the first valuation was done when the stadium was empty and was based on it (iv I'm reading things correct)

Thats like valuing a new build house and selling it on the cheap as no one lives in it yet.

Yep, it was valued with nobody there but sold when there was....

Grendel

Yep, it was valued with nobody there but sold when there was....

It was the sale of the lease than massively hiked the value

torchomatic

chiefdave

There would have been a reason for it.

Something will probably follow.
Its clearly co-ordinated, only have to look at the accounts that fired up in the 48 hours before Gilbert dropping this out.

If, as Sky are now claiming, talks have collapsed, what are the odds that its Wasps who have pulled out and this has been put out to get ahead of the story and have everyone blaming SISU?

Grendel

So, what is the point of Gilbert releasing this now at a key stage of the negotiations? I notice he didn't put that in his tweet yesterday. Fuck.

At a random guess wasps want there long term rather expensive arrangement agreed to and the club don’t do “another” reason which makes the insects look like the good guys is being introduced through the media?

cc84cov

Its clearly co-ordinated, only have to look at the accounts that fired up in the 48 hours before Gilbert dropping this out.

If, as Sky are now claiming, talks have collapsed, what are the odds that its Wasps who have pulled out and this has been put out to get ahead of the story and have everyone blaming SISU?
i would imagine talks have stopped while wasps seek to find out what is actually going on

chiefdave

It was the sale of the lease than massively hiked the value
Would that be the lease that they voted to extend at the same meeting they voted to sell the Ricoh to Wasps but which is now claimed by the council to be completely unrelated to the sale and a totally separate issue?

vow

giphy.gif
Bingo!

chiefdave

i would imagine talks have stopped while wasps seek to find out what is actually going on
The point is this story broke late yesterday and Wasps claimed to have no knowledge of it. The twitter accounts all fired up again 48 hours ago, how did they know something was incoming if its not a coordinated PR move?

But your comment is exactly the spin they will put on it and what they want people to believe 'we were in talks then found out about this'.

Nick

Administrator

You can pretty much guarantee it.

SkyBlueCRJ

It's definitely a strategic PR move. But if it is the case that talks have collapsed. Firstly, why? Secondly, where on earth are we playing? Hopefully some kind of statement will be issued soon as this has turned into a shitstorm.

Users who are viewing this thread