The Ricoh.. (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

No need to panic until someone says the deal is off - one of the parties is usually quick off the mark with a statement when shit like this breaks.,

Gilbert’s sources were telling him a deal was gonna be agreed 2 weeks ago

Liquid Gold

How to make a complaint at EU level

If they go this route and the EU Commission rejects their complaint then they can complain to the European Ombudsman.

In all seriousness though, if they've decided to go for this they can only complain about an "authority or body" not a private company or person, these have to be dealt with in UK courts. This means that they could only be complaining about the UK courts or the council. In no way can this involve the franchise at all so it shouldn't be a barrier to their demands, if they do kick the club out because of this it will only be due to them protecting the council.

rob9872

So who is Gilbert's secretive source... David Johnson? Or perhaps it's Anne Lucas

Reactions: vow

Magwitch

There are a number of scenerios now, first this question to this European Commission might have been asked a few weeks ago when the appeal was thrown out, also is it a continuation of the legals, at the moment it looks just a question. Then there’s the time scale for an answer. If the answer is positive in sisu favour who could be in the dock, the local government, our courts, then what ? And then there’s Brexit, should we leave EU what clout would any commission have then ?
On a ccfc basis I don’t believe for one minute our c.e.o. or chairman know nothing about it but in fairness haven’t said anything yet, will be interesting when they do comment after all at the end of the day Boddy in particular has a job to look after.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm going to see if I can hold out until midday, then have a look and see which. if any, parties have said what (reckon I'll give in by 10.30!)

Nick

Administrator
There are a number of scenerios now, first this question to this European Commission might have been asked a few weeks ago when the appeal was thrown out, also is it a continuation of the legals, at the moment it looks just a question. Then there’s the time scale for an answer. If the answer is positive in sisu favour who could be in the dock, the local government, our courts, then what ? And then there’s Brexit, should we leave EU what clout would any commission have then ?
On a ccfc basis I don’t believe for one minute our c.e.o. or chairman know nothing about it but in fairness haven’t said anything yet, will be interesting when they do comment after all at the end of the day Boddy in particular has a job to look after.
You know more than you do our players.

SkyBlueDom26

Interview didn’t really clear anything up at all, Gilbert spouting his usual bullshit all night we just need to wait and see what comments the main parties make today hopefully

BobbyDazzler

I missed the first part of the interview on the radio. Was it confirmed that SISU have requested an investigation? Nor did I hear any mention of timescales.

SkyBlueDom26

I missed the first part of the interview on the radio. Was it confirmed that SISU have requested an investigation? Nor did I hear any mention of timescales.
No all it was that a complaint was made, they can then investigate this if they feel it’s necessary

Pete in Portugal

How to make a complaint at EU level

If they go this route and the EU Commission rejects their complaint then they can complain to the European Ombudsman.

In all seriousness though, if they've decided to go for this they can only complain about an "authority or body" not a private company or person, these have to be dealt with in UK courts. This means that they could only be complaining about the UK courts or the council. In no way can this involve the franchise at all so it shouldn't be a barrier to their demands, if they do kick the club out because of this it will only be due to them protecting the council.

BUT - if their complaint against a UK council was upheld by the EU and the sale to the insects broke EU law, it could result in Sisu having a very strong case to sue the council AND potentially the insects for compensation in the UK courts.

clint van damme

Interview didn’t really clear anything up at all, Gilbert spouting his usual bullshit all night we just need to wait and see what comments the main parties make today hopefully

was that the interview with the 'expert' on CWR you're referring to Dom?

Nick

Administrator
Are you sure you really mean that and know the connotations?
Assuming he fits the pattern of being an older bloke who thinks others are stupid and don't have him figured out. I very much doubt he does.

It won't be long until some of the others try and jump in as well.

I assume there's either a split personality disorder or multiple people logging in using it.

Nick

Administrator
Gilbert has said it doesn't change wasps stance as it's still legals about the ricoh. Wasn't the wasps stance about wasps being involved?

It suddenly becomes strange if it doesn't involve wasps but they still refuse to talk.

It just seems a bit strange

Last edited:

I was eleven in 87

Bloke on CWR from the council saying that SISU need to get ‘back’ round the negotiating table and sort a deal for playing at the Ricoh instead of pursuing legal stuff.
Is he hinting that the talks have broken down or does he not know we are already in ‘negotiations’?

Nick

Administrator
Bloke on CWR from the council saying that SISU need to get ‘back’ round the negotiating table and sort a deal for playing at the Ricoh instead of pursuing legal stuff.
Is he hinting that the talks have broken down or does he not know we are already in ‘negotiations’?

Who is it?

Terry_dactyl

Gilbert has said it doesn't change wasps stance as it's still legals about the ricoh. Wasn't the wasps stance about wasps being involved?

It suddenly becomes strange if it doesn't involve wasps but they still refuse to talk.

It just seems a bit strange
If I remember correctly, sisu claimed in one of their open letters that the previous ‘legals’ did not directly involve wasps.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I thought the "expert" on BBC C&W this morning gave a good overview of the EU Commission process, but she drew the wrong parallels with other stadium cases which related to public bodies supporting new-builds and regeneration projects, not the sale of existing facilities. Why Trish Adudu was asking her specific questions about the football, when she is an expert on the European Commission NOT football, is beyond me.
Asked her "could this be settled by the start of next season?" - POINTLESS - if we don't have an agreement as to where we are playing by 29th May, EFL will possibly impose some sanction. They can't continue to claim that "progress is being made" and defer again!

As for the outcome, IF IF IF the Commission rules that the sale of the stadium to Wasps was contrary to EU law relating to state aid to private companies, maybe THEY could force Wasps to pay the undervalued amount - but as has been repeated on here, the UK Supreme Court ruled that it WASN'T undervalued at the time. I don't know why SISU believe they have been affected financially, so they wouldn't have a case in civil court.

#justsayin

djr8369

If I remember correctly, sisu claimed in one of their open letters that the previous ‘legals’ did not directly involve wasps.

So why are Wasps so adamant there can be no talks while there are on-going legals? Even if they are involved then trying to prevent the legal process means something is seriously amiss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

So why are Wasps so adamant there can be no talks while there are on-going legals? Even if they are involved then trying to prevent the legal process means something is seriously amiss.

I'm guessing that they don't want to be in a position where a court finds that they have to pay back £20 million quid (or whatever) back to the public purse because of a case brought by their tenant. I can see their point - it doesn't make for a cordial tenant-landlord relationship, does it?

Liquid Gold

They’ve never quite clarified what that means though have they. Do they want no legal action of any kind or do they just not want to be involved in any. Part of these negotiations could be that they’ve let sisu go after the council if they’re left out of it.

Nick

Administrator
I'm guessing that they don't want to be in a position where a court finds that they have to pay back £20 million quid (or whatever) back to the public purse because of a case brought by their tenant. I can see their point - it doesn't make for a cordial tenant-landlord relationship, does it?

If the court finds that (I dont think they will by the way), is that SISU's fault?

djr8369

No it doesn’t but firstly I don’t see how they would be the guilty party. Council is at fault surely. They just paid what was asked. Secondly, even if that was the case blackmail to prevent the legal process can’t be a good look. It only serves to make them look guilty.

My point being, as far as I can tell, there’s no good reason why wasps should try and derail the legal process. One explanation is that the legals were uncovering the contact between wasps and the council long before the move.

Users who are viewing this thread