The Ricoh.. (6 Viewers)

RoboCCFC90

The idea of sharing at the Butts, with temporary stands to about 10,000 capacity does sound really good for various reasons - I am not sure whether it's possible to get everything in place before August however.

I think we will end up at the Ricoh, but happy to wait and see.

Sbarcher

The idea of sharing at the Butts, with temporary stands to about 10,000 capacity does sound really good for various reasons - I am not sure whether it's possible to get everything in place before August however.

I think we will end up at the Ricoh, but happy to wait and see.
It will be interesting to see the CCC reaction to sharing at the Butts. If they throw up any objections, they should be lynched!

ccfc92

It will be interesting to see the CCC reaction to sharing at the Butts. If they throw up any objections, they should be lynched!

Realistically, I can't think of any genuine objections they can raise?

Their buddies Wasps get the Ricoh all to themselves, CCFC are pushed into a small stadium with the city's true Rugby club that they also hate. All's well that ends well.

Grappa

D7P7QfeXkAEsMgY.png

interesting numbers

fernandopartridge

SkyBlueCRJ

I think you're right, though not sure if there are any exemptions to it

That hasn't been formally applied for though as far as I'm aware.

Unsure to be honest. I spoke to Peter Rossborough last year about it and he seemed positive but didn't go into any further details apart from 'things are heading in the right direction.'

OffenhamSkyBlue

Their buddies Wasps get the Ricoh all to themselves, CCFC are pushed into a small stadium with the city's true Rugby club that they also hate. All's well that ends well.
Unless they manage to get past the temporary structure part of the General Permitted Development Order, the Council will need to inform a number of statutory consultees, including West Mids Police, Coventry City Council Highways, possibly Highways England, and the Council's Noise team. There may well also be material planning issues that they could object to. There is plenty of scope for CCC to put a spanner in the works at the Butts.

OffenhamSkyBlue

The aforementioned GDP Order 2015 states:-
Permitted development
A. The provision on land of buildings, moveable structures, works, plant or machinery required temporarily in connection with and for the duration of operations being or to be carried out on, in, under or over that land or on land adjoining that land.

Development not permitted
A.1 Development is not permitted by Class A if—

(a)the operations referred to are mining operations, or
(b)planning permission is required for those operations but is not granted or deemed to be granted.

Conditions
A.2 Development is permitted by Class A subject to the conditions that, when the operations have been carried out—

(a)any building, structure, works, plant or machinery permitted by Class A is removed, and
(b)any adjoining land on which development permitted by Class A has been carried out is, as soon as reasonably practicable, reinstated to its condition before that development was carried out.

I can't find any definition of what is meant by the term "temporary" - it could go on for years, provided the structure is temporary!
The 28 day rule appears to relate to motorsport events or outdoor markets.

fernandopartridge

The aforementioned GDP Order 2015 states:-
Permitted development
A. The provision on land of buildings, moveable structures, works, plant or machinery required temporarily in connection with and for the duration of operations being or to be carried out on, in, under or over that land or on land adjoining that land.

Development not permitted
A.1 Development is not permitted by Class A if—

(a)the operations referred to are mining operations, or
(b)planning permission is required for those operations but is not granted or deemed to be granted.

Conditions
A.2 Development is permitted by Class A subject to the conditions that, when the operations have been carried out—

(a)any building, structure, works, plant or machinery permitted by Class A is removed, and
(b)any adjoining land on which development permitted by Class A has been carried out is, as soon as reasonably practicable, reinstated to its condition before that development was carried out.

I can't find any definition of what is meant by the term "temporary" - it could go on for years, provided the structure is temporary!
The 28 day rule appears to relate to motorsport events or outdoor markets.

Interesting, I think the club would have to still apply to demonstrate that they can discharge the conditions of the GDP or what the plan for doing so is....

SkyBlueCRJ

Where Sky Blues latest signing is looking forward to playing

Telegraph picked up his comments regarding the ricoh, either he knows something we don't or hes being lied to

I highly doubt he's being lied to, and I don't think he knows something we don't. It's as I said in my previous post, the club will be saying that they are doing its upmost to ensure that CCFC are playing at the Ricoh next season. Players will take from that conversation what they will.

RoboCCFC90

fernandopartridge

I highly doubt he's being lied to, and I don't think he knows something we don't. It's as I said in my previous post, the club will be saying that they are doing its upmost to ensure that CCFC are playing at the Ricoh next season. Players will take from that conversation what they will.

....and it nevertheless is probably lower down the list of factors a player will look at when signing a new contract.

skyblueinBaku

*utmost*

Sky Blue Harry H

Parking for x,000 people. May say the roads can't deal with the traffic ?

Johnnythespider

Isn't the parking restrictions for the Ricoh triggered by crowds over 10,000, so with a capacity of 10,000 there should be no restrictions.

SkyBlueCRJ

Park further away and walk? It takes about 15 mins to walk from town to BPA. Get a bus or taxi.

Parking is a minor excuse. It can work if all parties look for solutions rather than excuses.

Agree with this. Loads of buses come through there, easily walkable from town, train station just over the road, some residential streets where you can park by King Henry’s. Central Six has a 2/3 hour parking restriction so possible if you want to risk it. Uber wouldn’t cost much either!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yes, we all know that, CRJ, but the Council planning people will assume no-one knows it, so will try to make it into a material planning consideration (i.e. grounds on which they can object). If they were building something new (e.g. Woodlands), there would absolutely be a requirement for adequate parking. That the Butts has virtually none will sway their opinion.

Otis

Yes, we all know that, CRJ, but the Council planning people will assume no-one knows it, so will try to make it into a material planning consideration (i.e. grounds on which they can object). If they were building something new (e.g. Woodlands), there would absolutely be a requirement for adequate parking. That the Butts has virtually none will sway their opinion.
Big difference between a 10,000 seater and temporary share and the 25,000 seater and the new home talk that was mooted previously.

25,000 re traffic would not be doable, but I think 10,000 would be okay.

shepardo01

Butts a no. Lad I work with plays for Cov Utd. Had a message today saying that 5g artificial pitch going in for start of next season. That rules out Butts under EFL rules.

Otis

Butts a no. Lad I work with plays for Cov Utd. Had a message today saying that 5g artificial pitch going in for start of next season. That rules out Butts under EFL rules.
Unless they can be convinced to change their minds

Users who are viewing this thread