The Ricoh.. (1 Viewer)

Forever_Blue

It is definitely technically possible. And of course the EFL may use their famous discretion to have us play all away games the first few weeks of the season.

AMI Stadium in Christchurch was built from scratch in under 80 days and that's an 18,000 seat stadium.
View attachment 12213

Volleyball stadium for the 2012 Olympics was 15,000 seats and that took 36 days to setup.
View attachment 12214

How likely it is, well that's a very different question.
A roof or two may come in handy. If not, I’m starting a new poncho business.

Reactions: vow

Cavan O'Doherty

Isn’t it funny how people kept discrediting the proposed Birmingham ground-share stories that the telegraph were running, but have fell hook like and sinker for a rumour started by someone’s mate. Come on now, just because you want to believe it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t question it with the same scepticism as the St Andrews rumour. If anything, this is less credible than the telegraph “sources”.

Nick

Administrator
Isn’t it funny how people kept discrediting the proposed Birmingham ground-share stories that the telegraph were running, but have fell hook like and sinker for a rumour started by someone’s mate. Come on now, just because you want to believe it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t question it with the same scepticism as the St Andrews rumour. If anything, this is less credible than the telegraph “sources”.
So you mean I can't have that seat?

hill83

Cheers Columbo.

chiefdave

Isn’t it funny how people kept discrediting the proposed Birmingham ground-share stories that the telegraph were running, but have fell hook like and sinker for a rumour started by someone’s mate.
Pretty much everyone thats ever commented on the Butts has said they don't think it will happen.

We had people arguing over how they would get to Birmingham so its not like that was completely dismissed either.

ICHAN

Just a thought here, not living in Coventry anymore, do the general public of Coventry know what's going on with this situation? My mum and dad weren't aware of what's happening even though they still live in Coventry, and my mum was outraged, even though she hates football said "it's not fair to the fans who go, and the bastards need voting out".
After all CCFC is part of Coventry's history and heritage, maybe if non football, the general public knew what has allegedly gone on, maybe more pressure can be put on the council and the like, that the people of Coventry will not stand by and let this happen?

Covkid1968#

Just a thought here, not living in Coventry anymore, do the general public of Coventry know what's going on with this situation? My mum and dad weren't aware of what's happening even though they still live in Coventry, and my mum was outraged, even though she hates football said "it's not fair to the fans who go, and the bastards need voting out".
After all CCFC is part of Coventry's history and heritage, maybe if non football, the general public knew what has allegedly gone on, maybe more pressure can be put on the council and the like, that the people of Coventry will not stand by and let this happen?
Unfortunately we seem to be a City where a largish % if it’s inhabitants simply don’t care about their own City let alone their football club.

ccfcway

By and large, The apathy towards the club locally is depressing.

ICHAN

Shame on them covkid1968, because no matter where I live or who I meet, I'm proud to be from Coventry and proud to say I support the team from where I came, unlike people I meet here in Peterborough on sites etc who support anyone but Peterborough, and why? Because they say their shit, maybe if they supported peterbough and put their money into the club from where their from, maybe they wouldn't be shit.
Waffled on there a bit sorry, but it does piss me off how many people seem to be lacklustre of where they grew up and feel ashamed to say they support their local team.

rob9872

Found this about planning, from a company that sells temporary buildings.

By the time they've appealed the planning decision 3 times and then gone to the Supreme ECJ, we could string 3 or 4 seasons out of it, by which time we'll have erected another stand to start over :)

In reality, don't know how solid the info is, but I had heard the temporary stands could be on wheels and all that's necessary to circumnavigate the rules is to move it out and back into position again. If that's the case there is a huge car park to do exactly that without taking it down. Again, could simply be urban myth as I don't have any knowledge in that area, but if it's even a remote legal possibility then you can be sure SISU know about it.

SkyBlueDom26

Could sisu and Cov rugby have a groundshare plan to present to the efl with the view to developing the butts within a couple of years? Would make sense

Users who are viewing this thread