The Ricoh -- Watch not support a Phoenix team. (1 Viewer)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I would watch a team. It's fans and the location that counts. Yes I know history does too.

We can pretend that "whoever" is a new form of Coventry City and "whoever" can link back to Coventry City.

NTFC

Our chairman has been quite clear that he is not interested in Coventry playing at Sixfields long term. You'd be better doing what the writer of this thread says and starting off a phoenix club asap (total boycott of Sixfields) with which our fans would join in solidarity with you for. Get rid of SISU, play a waiting game and you will have the Ricoh again. With no alternative though to SISU at Sixfields your line of argument is lacking hugely.

Grendel

More thick posts from Grendull. woooosh.

Why are you even on this forum? You add nothing to it. Every post shows your contempt for the football club. Leave and take your council trolls with you - who knows, those who rain may start talking about football again.

shmmeee

We are not a franchised team. Not yet anyway.

That's the question I think: How far out of the City can we go before we aren't representative of Coventry any more.

Obviously a move to say Northampton would be too far but I don't think the other end of the scale is too clear.

It's a question each person has to answer for themselves but ultimately you can argue it's a question that wouldn't need answering if we were in the city boundary.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grenduffy........GaryPendrysEyes has contempt for CCFC's OWNERS, NOT the football team. Stop putting words into posters mouths, and grow up you SISU Troll.

Voice_of_Reason

Our chairman has been quite clear that he is not interested in Coventry playing at Sixfields long term. You'd be better doing what the writer of this thread says and starting off a phoenix club asap (total boycott of Sixfields) with which our fans would join in solidarity with you for. Get rid of SISU, play a waiting game and you will have the Ricoh again. With no alternative though to SISU at Sixfields your line of argument is lacking hugely.

I did go and watch my nearest League team Cheltenham play Northampton 2 weeks ago and I must say your away support was excellent - 200 - 300.

italiahorse

Great news. Is it available for the same cost as the Ladies used it for last week, Or Leicesters U21's are paying?

Get us back.

No, but it is available if SISU donate £1 from every ticket sold to pay for the variable costs associated with putting on the games. They could also charge the normal home ticket price and be £8 a ticket better off than $hitfields.

That's £8 x 12,000 = £96,000 a game better off. Deduct $hitfields pie money lost = £95,000 better off

Grendel

@ Grenduffy........GaryPendrysEyes has contempt for CCFC's OWNERS, NOT the football team. Stop putting words into posters mouths, and grow up you SISU Troll.

He never discusses football on here - he will never attend. Fans whoever is in charge - he is without purpose.

Grendel

Pot, kettle, black

Really? Show me a post where I show contempt for the club. I bieve the time has come to have a sub forum to discuss ACL and the council and we should use the main forum purely to discuss football.

Samo

I couldn't watch any Coventry team and NOT support them. But... I don't think there is a place or any real desire for any kind of phoenix club until CCFC is dead and gone. And even then it would feel a bit like picking up a new puppy on the day my dog died.

italiahorse

Really? Show me a post where I show contempt for the club. I bieve the time has come to have a sub forum to discuss ACL and the council and we should use the main forum purely to discuss football.

You continually show contempt for the club by fighting Sisu's corner.
The sooner they go the sooner we get rid of your divisive, pig headed nonsense.

Grendel

You continually show contempt for the club by fighting Sisu's corner.
The sooner they go the sooner we get rid of your divisive, pig headed nonsense.

More lies from a troll ruining this forum. Show me one pro sisu post I have ever made - remember you have made many posts over the years VERY pro sisu.

italiahorse

More lies from a troll ruining this forum. Show me one pro sisu post I have ever made - remember you have made many posts over the years VERY pro sisu.

Nearly every post you make is pro Sisu because most of them are just calling people or organisations who fight to get the club back to Coventry. Try a week of positive threads, being polite and respecting other peoples opinions and see how good it feels.

Grendel

Nearly every post you make is pro Sisu because most of them are just calling people or organisations who fight to get the club back to Coventry. Try a week of positive threads, being polite and respecting other peoples opinions and see how good it feels.

Again I urge you provide some evidence that I make pro-Sisu posts or ridicule organisations that are trying to get the club back to Coventry. As you say its nearly every post it can't be hard can it?

Please prove to the forum you are not a liar -- I think you are

italiahorse

Again I urge you provide some evidence that I make pro-Sisu posts or ridicule organisations that are trying to get the club back to Coventry. As you say its nearly every post it can't be hard can it?

Please prove to the forum you are not a liar -- I think you are

Read your own posts. Preferable before you post them.
I don't think I could read that garbage again.

Grendel

torchomatic

Shitfields? How mature.

No, I wouldn't.

A question.. noting I use the word WATCH, not SUPPORT...

Would you go and watch a Phoenix team if it played at the Ricoh on Saturday afternoons ? I am thinking of the generation of kids who are being lost due to to SISU'S actions in playing at Shitfields.

torchomatic

Is that similar to your "I'm past caring, I've had enough, etc etc" garbage?

Read your own posts. Preferable before you post them.
I don't think I could read that garbage again.

SIR ERNIE

Like it our not, thanks to SISU Sphinx is now the highest ranked team playing it's home games in Coventry. 4 levels below the FL is it? I said months ago that ACL and Sphinx should come to an agreement to play home games at the Ricoh. Nothing to lose, they could easily get 1500 there for home games and it just might make SISU wake up and change direction. Either way its a contingency and at least something positive would be seen to be happening to improve the chances of regular football for the citizens of Coventry.

Day after day, week after miserable week, SISU continue to treat CCFC, its history, reputation and fans with utter contempt. I don't see that changing in the near future, possibly ever. JR, appeal, JR, appeal, legal action, bullshit, bullshit, bollox. How much more are we prepared to take before we bite the bullet?

italiahorse

Like it our not, thanks to SISU Sphinx is now the highest ranked team playing it's home games in Coventry. 4 levels below the FL is it? I said months ago that ACL and Sphinx should come to an agreement to play home games at the Ricoh. Nothing to lose, they could easily get 1500 there for home games and it just might make SISU wake up and change direction. Either way its a contingency and at least something positive would be seen to be happening to improve the chances of regular football for the citizens of Coventry.

Day after day, week after miserable week, SISU continue to treat CCFC, its history, reputation and fans with utter contempt. I don't see that changing in the near future, possibly ever. JR, appeal, JR, appeal, legal action, bullshit, bullshit, bollox. How much more are we prepared to take before we bite the bullet?

From little acorns great oaks grow.

torchomatic

YEs, I've had enough of it and no I'm not happy with our owners. Still wouldn't support another team at the Ricoh. ANyway, it would never happen.

Exactly, except I mean it.
Have you not had enough of all this crap? Or are you happy with our owners?

Spionkop

This from SIR ENIE....

"Like it our not, thanks to SISU Sphinx is now the highest ranked team playing it's home games in Coventry. 4 levels below the FL is it? I said months ago that ACL and Sphinx should come to an agreement to play home games at the Ricoh. Nothing to lose, they could easily get 1500 there for home games and it just might make SISU wake up and change direction. Either way its a contingency and at least something positive would be seen to be happening to improve the chances of regular football for the citizens of Coventry.

Day after day, week after miserable week, SISU continue to treat CCFC, its history, reputation and fans with utter contempt. I don't see that changing in the near future, possibly ever. JR, appeal, JR, appeal, legal action, bullshit, bullshit, bollox. How much more are we prepared to take before we bite the bullet?"

SIR ERNIE, you are so right. Sisu think they've got everything covered. This CONTINGENCY plan would make them think again. A team playing at the Ricoh, be it Sphinx, whomever, will really make Sisu think again.
1500 would easily turn up. And it would grow. The alternative is years of rubbish with Sisu. Reclaim CCFC should be our tactic.

torchomatic

You've been banging on about this for months. Why not actually do it rather than talking about it on here. 1500 turning up at the Ricoh. would that cover your costs, do you think? What are you going to call your team?

This from SIR ENIE....

"Like it our not, thanks to SISU Sphinx is now the highest ranked team playing it's home games in Coventry. 4 levels below the FL is it? I said months ago that ACL and Sphinx should come to an agreement to play home games at the Ricoh. Nothing to lose, they could easily get 1500 there for home games and it just might make SISU wake up and change direction. Either way its a contingency and at least something positive would be seen to be happening to improve the chances of regular football for the citizens of Coventry.

Day after day, week after miserable week, SISU continue to treat CCFC, its history, reputation and fans with utter contempt. I don't see that changing in the near future, possibly ever. JR, appeal, JR, appeal, legal action, bullshit, bullshit, bollox. How much more are we prepared to take before we bite the bullet?"

SIR ERNIE, you are so right. Sisu think they've got everything covered. This CONTINGENCY plan would make them think again. A team playing at the Ricoh, be it Sphinx, whomever, will really make Sisu think again.
1500 would easily turn up. And it would grow. The alternative is years of rubbish with Sisu. Reclaim CCFC should be our tactic.

jesus-wept

Only 4 levels below the football league is nothing really, if Sphinx were to move to the Ricoh that would stuff sisu right were it hurts and being debt free and bankrolled could produce a successful club. Although I am old school and CCFC will always be MY club a successful new club would attract the young support. It can happen, I remember clubs like Wigan, Crawley, Stevenage being real minnows. Fisher has stated that our move to Sixfields could be 3 to 5 years in that time Coventry Sphinx could be top of division 2

J

Jack Griffin

I have watched Sphinx a few times this season anyway, I'm sure Ill go a few more times yet.

torchomatic

No one is answering the $64K question though. How would a team like Sphinx be able to afford the Ricoh rent? Surely, if like many on here who do not want the Council Tax payer ripped off then ACL should continue to charge a premium for playing in their community asset?

Only 4 levels below the football league is nothing really, if Sphinx were to move to the Ricoh that would stuff sisu right were it hurts and being debt free and bankrolled could produce a successful club. Although I am old school and CCFC will always be MY club a successful new club would attract the young support. It can happen, I remember clubs like Wigan, Crawley, Stevenage being real minnows. Fisher has stated that our move to Sixfields could be 3 to 5 years in that time Coventry Sphinx could be top of division 2

M&B Stand

No one is answering the $64K question though. How would a team like Sphinx be able to afford the Ricoh rent? Surely, if like many on here who do not want the Council Tax payer ripped off then ACL should continue to charge a premium for playing in their community asset?

I'm still trying to work out how the Ladies team afford to play there.
Do we know what deal the academy have for next season?

Users who are viewing this thread