The Ricoh -- Watch not support a Phoenix team. (3 Viewers)

The Prefect

Nonsense. When a club is liquidated it has to change its name and restart in the lower pyramid. Newport, Chester etc. the notion that Leicester city is a Pheonix club is bonkers.

Go to Companies House and look. Coventry City Football Club Ltd is in liquidation.

Where you're confused (not the first time I know) is that there were no buyers for the assets of those clubs you mention hence their demise meant re-establishing in the lower leagues. Leicester City and Coventry City had buyers for the assets from their respective administrators and were allowed to continue in the Football League.

The Prefect

It may be, but it's still true that the FL removed the GS from CCFC Ltd who went bust and handed it with certain strings to a new company who also bought the name and rights from Ltd.

But then I suppose by that argument we were a new club in 2001 when we regained the GS under (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) a different company name to the one in 1995 when we gave it up to go into the PL.

Good shout shmmee - the original Company had continued as Holdings and the new company was 100% owned by Holdings. That was the difference when we went back to the Football League in 2001.

The Prefect

Have I missed something that Coventry City FC don't exist any more?

Different company yes, but not club.

Nick, you must have missed the news that Coventry City Football Club Ltd is being liquidated. Only after its branding rights and other assets were sold to Otium though,

If you wanted to buy shares in Coventry City you had to buy shares in a Company - Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd. which owned the Football Club.

The Company was the club. Different Company means different club?

Apparently not for the Football League these days.

Users who are viewing this thread