The Ricoh -- Watch not support a Phoenix team. (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

A question.. noting I use the word WATCH, not SUPPORT...

Would you go and watch a Phoenix team if it played at the Ricoh on Saturday afternoons ? I am thinking of the generation of kids who are being lost due to to SISU'S actions in playing at Shitfields.

Mr T - Sukka!

Yes i would. Im all for a team playing in Coventry.

This whole shitbag of a situation is pushing alot further away from CCFC playing 35 miles away.

RFC

Would you go and watch a Phoenix team if it played at the Ricoh on Saturday afternoons ? I am thinking of the generation of kids who are being lost due to to SISU'S actions in playing at Shitfields.

Definitely NOT!!!!!!!!!!

skybluealan

I cannot see CCFC coming back to Coventry while SISU are in charge. As you said, the young generation of Coventry need a team to watch in Coventry. So to answer your question, yes I would go to see a phoenix team.

As things stand, I am going to watch Coventry Sphinx ... if I am not watching CCFC from the Hill. The quality of the football at Sphinx Drive is remarkably good, far better than I expected, and they are managing to get home games played, unlike City! The time for a Phoenix club is when all hope is gone of Sky Blues return to Coventry. I would rule it out for 2015/16 if situation hasn't changed.

L

limoncello

I am quite frankly astonished that nobody has thought of this before.

stupot07

Not for me thanks. I'd rather go and watch a local non league side than watch a Phoenix playing at the Ricoh in a lower league than the likes of leamington or nuneaton town.

Oh, and it wouldn't be a Phoenix if ccfc is still in existence, it would just be a rival protest club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

hill83

Nope.

For me it's not about watching football for the sake of watching it really, it's supporting my club. And this won't be my club. Calling it 'watching' or 'supporting' makes no difference.

GaryPendrysEyes

Sisu may well be turning our club into 'Sisuhampton', playing for years outside Coventry and burning bridges with Coventry and its fans.

So if someone formed a new Coventry team playing in skyblue at the Ricoh, with some link to our heritage - yes I would watch and support it.

Moff

Oh, and it wouldn't be a Phoenix if ccfc is still in existence, it would just be a rival protest club.

Stupot I totally agree, and I wouldnt for one go unless it was replacing CCFC if they had gone out of existence.

jesus-wept

I always treated the idea of a "Pheonix" club as pie in the sky but the longer we remain at Northampton the more possible it becomes. Just imagine sisu do acquire land, get planning permission and start doing the groundwork for a new ground and somebody in the wings takes over a local club and moves it into the Ricoh it is possible locals will go and watch them and that could leave sisu in a right pickle, would depend how far down the football pyramid any Pheonix club would be I suppose but as we stand at the minute anything is possible.

chiefdave

If I was nearer Cov I would but it's bad enough making a 6 hour round trip to see us play let alone a Phoenix team!

ajsccfc

No interest in an phoenix or protest team at all. If I was going purely location-based, Cov Sphinx are already there and grateful for support.

RedSalmon

Without question..........YES!!!!

Have reached the point where I feel CCFC will never play at the Ricoh again. Really hope I am wrong but just don't see a way out of this situation.

On that basis i have to decide, support/get behind a local team i.e. Leamington, Nuneaton, Bedworth, Sphinx or get behind a new team playing out of the Ricoh. Have watched all of the above at various times but never really felt 'connected' to them, so for me it's got to be a team playing out of the Ricoh in some form representing Coventry.

jesus-wept

No Chance I SUPPORT coventry city football club not the ground. I DONT CARE WHERE WE PLAY THEY ARE MY TEAM
So do I and just about everyone on here, but I believe unless there is a significant climb down by our owners Coventry City Football Club as we know them. will cease to exist.

mark82

So do I and just about everyone on here, but I believe unless there is a significant climb down by our owners Coventry City Football Club as we know them. will cease to exist.

I'd go occasionally when back in Coventry as a bit of fun. The same as I occasionally go to Leamington (and keep trying to work Sphinx in but not been yet). The second ccfc came back I likely wouldn't go though. Or at least very rarely.

MichaelCCFC

Whether phoenix is a good idea or not the reality is it won't happen for 2014/15 season and the only time it is likely to happen is if ccfc is liquidated and the trust could then step in. Everyone's different but for me I still enjoy away games and when fixtures allow I'm enjoying going to Coventry Sphinx both because the standard of football is much better than I expected and with the kcic sponsorship it actually feels good doing something positive to support football in Coventry amidst all the mess. But today it's Cov RFC

Grendel

So you are not bothered if we dont play in Coventry and you are quite comfortable with a franchised team??
It should be all about Coventry, the city, its people, its fans....

The team has not been franchised - more misinformation.

Users who are viewing this thread