The pub (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Been reading an article that Eric Clapton, Brian May, and Paul McCartney were all inspired to play the guitar by Bert Weedon. Younger music fans have probably never heard of him, but he was held in high esteem years ago, and his guitar tutorials were highly recommended etc.

AVWskyblue

Been reading an article that Eric Clapton, Brian May, and Paul McCartney were all inspired to play the guitar by Bert Weedon. Younger music fans have probably never heard of him, but he was held in high esteem years ago, and his guitar tutorials were highly recommended etc.
Was ten guitars one of his bbr?

Sent from my Alba7Nou using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
No mate I broke in with a crate.

Yeah, we just turned up, had to wait for about 10 minutes as it was supposed to be booking only.

I just meant even before COVID I thought it had closed.

Decent outdoor bit though.

shmmeee

Can you just rock up then? I assumed you had to book an hour slot at a table like before and that sounded boring as hell. Organised drinking isn’t fun drinking IMO.

LastGarrison

The Rose and Woodbine on North Street has been good.

No bookings, just walkups and plenty of seating, obviously the weather has helped.

Mixture of the lads from the Devon, the Lady and the locals in there yesterday. Was great seeing a few of the lads I ain’t seen in months.

Off to Dhillons and the Yard later today. This will be my 5th straight day on the piss. Soon got back into the swing of things. 👀

bringbackrattles

Foleshill Road pubs have no booking. The Cherry Tree have you sign in and give a phone number, and that's it. All you have to do is tell them what you're drinking and out they come with it fairly sharpish. The Royal was mobbed at the weekend, the football songs soon blasted out !

Rich

The Grapes is currently on fire, doesn’t look like there’ll be much left after unfortunately.

clint van damme

The Grapes is currently on fire, doesn’t look like there’ll be much left after unfortunately.

Wondered what all the police flying around on my way home from work was about. Lots of ambulances as well. Hopefully no one hurt.
Didnt see any Fire engines but id imagine they'd be coming from just down the road.

something happening around the butts/ spon end as well.

LastGarrison

Have to say Las Iguana’s, Dhillons and The Yard were all excellent (and busy) yesterday.

The Yard in particular really have got it nailed and will make a fortune.

Sitting outside in Cov though really does make you see that we have a severe problem in the city with smack.

bringbackrattles

Have to say Las Iguana’s, Dhillons and The Yard were all excellent (and busy) yesterday.

The Yard in particular really have got it nailed and will make a fortune.

Sitting outside in Cov though really does make you see that we have a severe problem in the city with smack.
I got in touch with the Squirell pub to see if they're showing our game tonight, as they had the Rotherham match on ? The new gaffer is a Cov fan and got back last night. He's trying to get games on but not sure yet, but said if not they'll have the Spurs match on. Only going if ours is on sod Tottenham !

LastGarrison

I got in touch with the Squirell pub to see if they're showing our game tonight, as they had the Rotherham match on ? The new gaffer is a Cov fan and got back last night. He's trying to get games on but not sure yet, but said if not they'll have the Spurs match on. Only going if ours is on sod Tottenham !
Think it’s been taken over by a guy called Harvey who also runs Bayley Lane and think used to run Chatterways back in the day.

Such a weird pub The Squirrel and never really capitalised on its location in terms of food in the day and after work drinks etc.

Hopefully he can turn it around.

bringbackrattles

Think it’s been taken over by a guy called Harvey who also runs Bayley Lane and think used to run Chatterways back in the day.

Such a weird pub The Squirrel and never really capitalised on its location in terms of food in the day and after work drinks etc.

Not my sort of pub to be honest, but my mate contacted me last Thursday saying the game was on there, so I went and enjoyed the night.

clint van damme

Wasn't going to bother with the pub until they open indoors but my try and get a couple of hours booked for Saturday.
Anywhere around town doing bookings?
Tried the oak in Earlsdon and Dhillions but booked up.

ccfctommy

I was supposed to see a friend for lunch at the Squirrel yesterday. Was closed. Had a nice garden but unsure when they open. Went to the Yard which was fairly busy.

Went to the Royal last Tuesday and the Rose and Woodbine over the weekend. Cracking beer garden.

bringbackrattles

I was supposed to see a friend for lunch at the Squirrel yesterday. Was closed. Had a nice garden but unsure when they open. Went to the Yard which was fairly busy.

Went to the Royal last Tuesday and the Rose and Woodbine over the weekend. Cracking beer garden.
The Royal is a lively pub was in there on Saturday. Got a text back from the Squirrel last night saying they will be showing our games in the pub next season. Haven't got it set up yet,the gaffer is a Cov fan. They've done the garden up smart and they say they want the pub to be a success now.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread