The problem with SISU Out (1 Viewer)

The Gentleman

Obviously, you're trying to deny that names like that are bandied about on here, but they are. It's used fairly regularly.

Am I? Where have I said that? Maybe I am trying to say that whilst there is revulsion from some on here when the ones who go to Sixfields get called names, will the same people who say this is wrong have a go at the ones who were giving shit out at the Emirates. Then again, I wouldn't expect you to see something you don't want to. What was that comment I heard earlier about people being up their own arse.......

Otis

I think those perceiving that are missing the point, maybe deliberately to try to cause a row. I agree that a big turnout at the Ricoh at the same time as a game in Northampton would be a good way of showing the support is still in Coventry, but I think that all involved in this already know that anyway.

It is not my perception, but I am sure some people will perceive that, rightly or wrongly, same as there is a perception from some that those attending Sixfields aren't as passionate about bringing the City home as those not going are.

Getting people on the hill for maybe one or two games could be a way to go, but no way on God's earth are you going to get 5,000 - 6,000 every home game travelling down to Northampton. It would all wane very quickly. Stuff going on at the Ricoh could be varied to maintain interest.

Last edited:

torchomatic

The buyers of your house would be getting...a house. The buyers of Coventry City won't be getting anything apart from a name. That's the problem.

If you were to put your house on the market would you know who was going to put an offer in on it for Christ sake.

Noggin

The buyers of your house would be getting...a house. The buyers of Coventry City won't be getting anything apart from a name. That's the problem.

You get players, a great manager, ryton? the right to play in the league, the name etc, but what difference does that make? The amount of extra things changes what the club is worth, not weather or not people will be interested.

None of that is his point though and you know that. The fact no one is asking to buy doesn't indicate there would be no interest, just like with your house, if you put your house up for sale at the right price it will sell and the same is the case with the football club. Especially since there was interest in buying us recently from multiple groups.

chiefdave

Isn't this how we ended up with SISU? We were told there wouldn't be anyone else interested so everyone should hand their shares over for nothing.

Of course there's a risk there may be no potential buyers but surely in a worst case scenario a consortium of local businesses could take over, fair enough they may not have a lot to put into the club but I'd take being locally owned and sticking to a budget over what we have now.

When Portsmouth were taken over by their supporters trust they weren't the only interested party. That was for a club who had been in admin 3 times, still pays tens of thousands every week to former players and has a land locked ground in such a poor state parts of it are closed for safety reasons! Surely if there are people interested in taking a club like that there would be at least one potential new owner for us?

grego_gee

Of course there's a risk there may be no potential buyers but surely in a worst case scenario a consortium of local businesses could take over, fair enough they may not have a lot to put into the club but I'd take being locally owned and sticking to a budget over what we have now.

SISU do the sticking to a budget bit quite well

grego_gee

Curious response from AL, when asked in summing up if she could solve the problem AL said "It doesn't look as though its going to be sold very quickly! no!"

grego_gee

We all have our own opinions - you only argue that they are bad because you say so.
I don't base my opinions on what you say or don't say.

torchomatic

Maybe so. However, despite Ryton and the other things Noggin rightly mentions there's nothing else to attract anyone, is there? People who can afford to buy football clubs want real estate. Something they can make hard cash with.

ANd yes we have been here before but trying to compare a football club to a house really doesn't work.

We've been here before. There will always be a buyer for a club of ccfc's stature.

grego_gee

Drunk or deaf. Or drunk and deaf.
No she seemed quite lucid, but her response was interesting because it was a response to an open question (how would the Ricoh problem be solved) - It could be said that her answer implied that the solution would be that the Ricoh would be eventually be sold - but not quickly.

Last edited:

Ashdown1

Has anyone ever wondered who are SISU's actual investors in all this disaster. Makes you wonder if they even know what carnage and misery the hedge fund have caused in the purpose of trying to manipulate a profit for these people and would they themselves really approve such spiteful tactics?

torchomatic

I often wonder that. Who has so much money that they would give it to a hedge fund?

Has anyone ever wondered who are SISU's actual investors in all this disaster. Makes you wonder if they even know what carnage and misery the hedge fund have caused in the purpose of trying to manipulate a profit for these people and would they themselves really approve such spiteful tactics?

Ashdown1

I would imagine that money has come from abroad predominantly, it would be increasingly embarrassing for British investors to live with. It would be great though if they were to be made aware of what is being done with their 'Investment', just maybe they wouldn't approve?! Although the danger of course remains that SISU full of revenge would just pull the plug on the club if funds started drying up.

torchomatic

You reckon? The chances are British investors would care (or not) as much as their foreign counterparts.

I would imagine that money has come from abroad predominantly, it would be increasingly embarrassing for British investors to live with. It would be great though if they were to be made aware of what is being done with their 'Investment', just maybe they wouldn't approve?! Although the danger of course remains that SISU full of revenge would just pull the plug on the club if funds started drying up.

Ashdown1

Probably not, but I would hope that with increasing publicity from dignified protests that they may at least be reached in some form or another, whether it be TV or Newspapers.

Noggin

Maybe so. However, despite Ryton and the other things Noggin rightly mentions there's nothing else to attract anyone, is there? People who can afford to buy football clubs want real estate. Something they can make hard cash with.

ANd yes we have been here before but trying to compare a football club to a house really doesn't work.

Sure but when it comes with real estate it comes with extra cost. If you can buy the club and the real estate separately for a similar or lesser cost than buying a similar club with real estate and there is no reason why you couldn't then there will be lots of people interested.

If Sisu decided to sell at what we are worth we would have no problem finding interested parties and while there is no guarantee of the quality of a new owner there is one thing for certain any new owner would bring us home and thus we are going to be significantly better off whoever buys us.

Of course if sisu try to ask for what they have put in no one will buy us, the club is worth nothing like that amount, realistically there seems to be no possible way for sisu to get their money back without somehow triumphing over the council and acl and getting the ricoh at a pittance.

wingy

Sure but when it comes with real estate it comes with extra cost. If you can buy the club and the real estate separately for a similar or lesser cost than buying a similar club with real estate and there is no reason why you couldn't then there will be lots of people interested.

If Sisu decided to sell at what we are worth we would have no problem finding interested parties and while there is no guarantee of the quality of a new owner there is one thing for certain any new owner would bring us home and thus we are going to be significantly better off whoever buys us.

Of course if sisu try to ask for what they have put in no one will buy us, the club is worth nothing like that amount, realistically there seems to be no possible way for sisu to get their money back without somehow triumphing over the council and acl and getting the ricoh at a pittance.

Reading are on the verge of Takeover for aound £50M. have 3.5 yrs of incoming parachute payments ,own their ground ,hotel,sit in the playoffs in the division above.

Leicester recently bought their "Ground" only for £19M. after paying down around £17M. through a rental/lease arrangement ,so the original investor recouped £35M.

That leaves us worth? With or without real Estate?

letsallsingtogether

So even with a ground we will be worth less then Reading.

Reading are on the verge of Takeover for aound £50M. have 3.5 yrs of incoming parachute payments ,own their ground ,hotel,sit in the playoffs in the division above.

Leicester recently bought their "Ground" only for £19M. after paying down around £17M. through a rental/lease arrangement ,so the original investor recouped £35M.

J

Jack Griffin

The King Power stadium cost £37M to build, so the original investors got out without being burned.

Reading's stadium cost 'more than £50M'.. & they have 2 tenants.. seems like a good deal..

Last edited by a moderator:

dongonzalos

Im a big fan of all things SISU out and all that. But the problem with SISU out is who is there that would come in?
and could it put our club into more chaos if SISU did get out??

Only one way to find out?

Can you name another club off our statue that has gone bust.

Do you really believe thee was no way of handling this situation better and still make a profit?

dongonzalos

But as someone mentioned earlier, weren't they more interested in the development opportunities around the stadium?

If their interested in buying something and investing in it to make a return and they have the means to do so. It's better than running it to the ground.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread