The Phone In (2 Viewers)

shy_tall_knight

Actually it was because it was on the telly and a few pennies more were spent in the pub.

Thats it grendel slag off fellow fans yet again, isn't it personal choice how they spend their money. What about the Scunny home game a few weeks later when there was only 6,800 there but it wasn't on live TV. At least the empty stadiums would help remind you of the great times at Sixfields.

Grendel

Thats it grendel slag off fellow fans yet again, isn't it personal choice how they spend their money. What about the Scunny home game a few weeks later when there was only 6,800 there but it wasn't on live TV. At least the empty stadiums would help remind you of the great times at Sixfields.

When would I slag off the 6,800 people who went to that game? They were the only fans that night.

hill83

You were slagging off the fans who preferred to watch our 3-0 defeat in the pub rather than going to the Ricoh

Yeah. Why not. If I decided to watch the game in the pub and not go to the game I'd take the slagging off I deserve and not be a whiny little bitch.

shy_tall_knight

Yeah. Why not. If I decided to watch the game in the pub and not go to the game I'd take the slagging off I deserve and not be a whiny little bitch.

The stadium was so empty that night you would be slagging off a lot of fans, it seem on this board that its all the fan's fault for our recent low attendances.

Nick

Administrator
The fans forgot about who owned us when we played Gillingham then? Easy mistake I guess.

hill83

The stadium was so empty that night you would be slagging off a lot of fans, it seem on this board that its all the fan's fault for our recent low attendances.

I'd also be slagging myself off as I didn't go to that game. I'm sure I'll get over it and so will everybody else.

hill83

I can admit that I deserted the club last season. I wasn't a supporter last season (even though I did buy a season ticket) and I'm not hiding behind any excuses. I'm happy to take some abuse for it if that's what people want to do.

shy_tall_knight

The fans forgot about who owned us when we played Gillingham then? Easy mistake I guess.

Yes good point but they remembered the following week when only 11,000 turned up, gillingham was a one-off but the point as I've stated earlier is the stay away fans aren't a NOPM stance, the poor quality of football, the lack of ST sales last season, the WASPS getting the stadium, SISU concentrating their efforts on court cases, Sixfields meant fans got out of the habit of going to football on alternate weekends etc... if we are in the top top 6 at Xmas expect 20,000 crowds at the Ricoh over the festive period, they will still know who the owners are.

Nick

Administrator
Yes good point but they remembered the following week when only 11,000 turned up, gillingham was a one-off but the point as I've stated earlier is the stay away fans aren't a NOPM stance, the poor quality of football, the lack of ST sales last season, the WASPS getting the stadium, SISU concentrating their efforts on court cases, Sixfields meant fans got out of the habit of going to football on alternate weekends etc... if we are in the top top 6 at Xmas expect 20,000 crowds at the Ricoh over the festive period, they will still know who the owners are.
So it's nothing to do with the owners it's that people will just go if we are winning?

shy_tall_knight

So it's nothing to do with the owners it's that people will just go if we are winning?

Its everything to do with the owners.

Northampton - a disaster, drove fans away from the club broke their loyalty to the club, ST sales are poor despite being cheap and the appointment of a great manager, many of the fans will only return if we are winning and if we have a slump like last season expect more 6,000 crowds. Under better owners I believe with the same results our crowds would be better.

Nick

Administrator
Its everything to do with the owners.

Northampton - a disaster, drove fans away from the club broke their loyalty to the club, ST sales are poor despite being cheap and the appointment of a great manager, many of the fans will only return if we are winning and if we have a slump like last season expect more 6,000 crowds. Under better owners I believe with the same results our crowds would be better.

But you just said if we are winning people will go?

shy_tall_knight

Yes more people will go if we are winning that obvious but the more accurate gauge of the strength of our support is if we start losing and due to the SISU effect this will lead to much lower crowds as experienced last season. You can continue to dismiss the impact of SISU but the fans have voted with their feet

letsallsingtogether

I'm not dismissing, just trying to work out the mentality of it.

Is it not the same at every team in the world?
Or do you believe it is only the Stupid people of Coventry that are like this?

letsallsingtogether

When would I slag off the 6,800 people who went to that game? They were the only fans that night.

You have been slagging off Nigel he was at that game he and his son had season tickets last season.

But hey he is not a City fan!! tell him that when you see him at work on Monday.

The Lurker

So how can you make a judgement - you need all the facts don't you?

Are you for real? Facts? You started a thread without knowing the facts. You going to apologise to Nigel? Falsely accusing him of something he hasn't done/said. Jumping to conclusions and looking a cock (again)

jas365

I thought it was because of the owners not because of results? Turns out it's just another excuse.

Like every other club in the country, our gates are affected by results, but there is no doubt that some fans have stayed away post-Northampton, and will continue to do so until SISU leave. I know people who had season tickets before and now don't go to home games because of our owners. Whether or not you agree with the original reason for this thread, Nigel is not alone.

Ian1779

I can't quite understand the point of phoning up to tell everyone you won't or don't go. It's bordering on attention seeking.

It's like writing a review on TripAdvisor for a holiday you never went on.

lifeskyblue

There are many reasons why sky blues fans do not go to games. Yes results and quality of football are important as are the whole debacle of sixfields/Ricoh/wasps/court cases. The owners have got many many things wrong and the distrust of fans (yes real Coventry City fans) will take a lot repairing. The owners have made a lot believe that ccfc is no longer their club, no longer the club they fell in love with back when they first followed football. We all have rose tinted specs about our first trip to Highfield road etc.
Hopefully with the acquisition of TM the owners have started to understand what a football club is and means to those that support it. With a very good manager and more investment on (rather than dribbling money away off) the field things will start to recover. Some will not return at all but hopefully more will begin to dribble back if they can start to believe the club is once again their club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

It's a lot of things that are keeping people away Nick and you know it is so don't pretend otherwise.

We know people who were regular's and occasional 's who no longer go whether that be friends or just familiar faces in the crowd who you might have a quick conversation with because they sit near where you like to sit or you always seem to bump into them while queuing for food and/or beer.

Some are results driven, some are because of the contempt or owners have consistently shown us and for others it's a combination. Sixfields is a big part of that equation for some, the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. Will results be enough to win some back? Undoubtedly! But not for all.

From what LAST has just said about this guy, I don't know for sure but I suspect I might know who he is from what LAST said. If it is who I think it could be he is indeed a familiar face to me who I recognised from HR days and got chatting to on a visit to the hill and spoke to fairly regularly last season. Again if it is the guy I'm thinking of to suggest he's not a fan is probably the most moronic thing Grendull has ever said, even if it's not him it's still moronic as he's pretty typical of the fans that are staying away in my experience and to suggest that they can fuck of and we don't need them is equally moronic. We need all the fans we can get through the doors the same as any other club and to just dismiss the ones who are turning their backs rather than address the reasons they've done it is ignorant to the facts and counter productive.

Nick

Administrator
It's a lot of things that are keeping people away Nick and you know it is so don't pretend otherwise.

We know people who were regular's and occasional 's who no longer go whether that be friends or just familiar faces in the crowd who you might have a quick conversation with because they sit near where you like to sit or you always seem to bump into them while queuing for food and/or beer.

Some are results driven, some are because of the contempt or owners have consistently shown us and for others it's a combination. Sixfields is a big part of that equation for some, the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. Will results be enough to win some back? Undoubtedly! But not for all.

From what LAST has just said about this guy, I don't know for sure but I suspect I might know who he is from what LAST said. If it is who I think it could be he is indeed a familiar face to me who I recognised from HR days and got chatting to on a visit to the hill and spoke to fairly regularly last season. Again if it is the guy I'm thinking of to suggest he's not a fan is probably the most moronic thing Grendull has ever said, even if it's not him it's still moronic as he's pretty typical of the fans that are staying away in my experience and to suggest that they can fuck of and we don't need them is equally moronic. We need all the fans we can get through the doors the same as any other club and to just dismiss the ones who are turning their backs rather than address the reasons they've done it is ignorant to the facts and counter productive.
What about if the reasons like not wanting to give sisu money or them taking loads of money out etc aren't true?

The owners would still be the same if we got Chelsea at home or arsenal away, the club would get money from either game but I bet most would go ( fair play to the ones who stuck to their guns and didn't though)

hill83

No I'm not. He can come back to me and question what I've got to say about /to him at any point. If I took an add out in the CT that said Grendull is a twat you may have a point.

I think he means by disputing Grendel you are actually passing judgement on that chap on the radio by default. Not passing judgement on Grendel. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

skybluetony176

I think he means by disputing Grendel you are actually passing judgement on that chap on the radio by default. Not passing judgement on Grendel. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Well. As he is using the same media as me he can come back can't he. I think that's what you call a conversation (of sorts). I'm not going to a completely different place to start judging someone I know absolutely nothing about.

skybluetony176

I can't quite understand the point of phoning up to tell everyone you won't or don't go. It's bordering on attention seeking.

It's like writing a review on TripAdvisor for a holiday you never went on.

Only this guy has been on the holiday only a couple of months ago apparently and doesn't want to go back.

letsallsingtogether

Is nasal Nigel "Sydney Sky Blue"?

Why waste air time on that clown

Talking of time wasting why did you start a thread Time to bury the Hatchet.
You obviously didn't believe it as you still attack anyone who is not in your camp.

Grendel

Talking of time wasting why did you start a thread Time to bury the Hatchet.
You obviously didn't believe it as you still attack anyone who is not in your camp.

The purpose of that was regarding forgetting ownership issues and try and focus on football and the season ahead.

Yes he obviously is s supporter of the club and I apologise for that.

However, I fail to see any motivation to engage on a football phone in to say don't go and watch the team and supply any income unless their is some end game. If they find it boring and lost interest of course that's different. However, to claim moral high ground that is what is annoying.

As for criticising fans every time that Ian guy called in a couple of years ago the abuse he received on here was borderline harassment.

skybluetony176

The purpose of that was regarding forgetting ownership issues and try and focus on football and the season ahead.

Yes he obviously is s supporter of the club and I apologise for that.
However, I fail to see any motivation to engage on a football phone in to say don't go and watch the team and supply any income unless their is some end game. If they find it boring and lost interest of course that's different. However, to claim moral high ground that is what is annoying.

As for criticising fans every time that Ian guy called in a couple of years ago the abuse he received on here was borderline harassment.

Fair play for the apology. :claping hands:

Grendel

Actually according to Wingy it's not the Nigel we thought it was so apologises to that Nigel as well.

Two apologies in a row. If I do a third you can report this account for being hacked.

hill83

Actually according to Wingy it's not the Nigel we thought it was so apologises to that Nigel as well.

Two apologies in a row. If I do a third you can report this account for being hacked.

Ahem, "we?"

Another apology please.

Users who are viewing this thread