The Phone In (1 Viewer)

Moff

Who says it is NOPM? A lot of it is people that have had enough of the way we have been run for years. Mainly from the Richardson years onwards.

Surely it is mainly NOPM, I dont think that many gave up due to Richardson even though that piece of shit started our road to ruin.

Nick

Administrator
In honour of Nigel..

[video=youtube;grePdFUosFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grePdFUosFY[/video]

SkyBlue_Bear83

Many of these people hide behind nopm proclaiming themselves to be heroes and talking about morals etc. but the reality is that most of them just don't consider the football good enough to be worth there time and money, rich pretty much admitted as much the other day in his rant.

Astute

Surely it is mainly NOPM, I dont think that many gave up due to Richardson even though that piece of shit started our road to ruin.

Didn't you notice I said Richardson onwards?

hill83

Who was that bloke bleating on about not going to games anymore and NOPM and his morals etc then it came out he lived in Australia and couldn't go anyway. That was amusing.

Nick

Administrator
Who was that bloke bleating on about not going to games anymore and NOPM and his morals etc then it came out he lived in Australia and couldn't go anyway. That was amusing.

Sydney Sky Blue / Ginetta I think?

He has a point though, I refuse to go to watch the New York Yankees every week because of morals. Refuse to give them any money.

skybluetony176

No Tony "fans" like him won't go! Even his one brain cell can work out NOPM as a principal to starve sisu out can't work as 13,000 people stick two fingers up to it.

We don't need fans who are negative, by principal are opposed to any one who attends and fails to even comprehend the owners actually take nothing from the club. It's a self sufficient operation so only supporters who out their hands in their pocket are good enough. The rest can go away.

Another crock of shit. You don't even know who the guy is let alone know him.

Kingokings204

I don't really know the whole scenario here but I get the jist.

Look, he may be a bit of drama queen about blathering on about nopm but you have to respect his view. You have to assume it's genuine I guess. If it is then that's his choice and I don't consider him any less of a fan than anyone else. ( I hate this comparing gradings of fans)

If sisu hadn't of moved us to Northampton then people like Nigel wouldn't have an excuse. So don't blame Nigel blame the game.

I hate sisu hopefully like everyone else as the pain they have caused is indescribable. I still go home and away though and put myself above the politics. I didn't go to Northampon however.

We know the case now we are self funded and we are playing I don't care what you say the Ricoh is our home regardless of wasps. I enjoy the Ricoh it's a fantastic stadium and the facilities are fantastic.

I respect any given fans view even though I thought it was madness to go to six fields I still didn't ridicule fans for it. I'm just glad more seen it like I did.

I personally think his view should be respected all be it a self hurting policy against ccfc he has undertaken.

hill83

One thing I'll say to the post above is you don't 'have to' respect his or anyones views.

fernandopartridge

I don't really know the whole scenario here but I get the jist.

Look, he may be a bit of drama queen about blathering on about nopm but you have to respect his view. You have to assume it's genuine I guess. If it is then that's his choice and I don't consider him any less of a fan than anyone else. ( I hate this comparing gradings of fans)

If sisu hadn't of moved us to Northampton then people like Nigel wouldn't have an excuse. So don't blame Nigel blame the game.

I hate sisu hopefully like everyone else as the pain they have caused is indescribable. I still go home and away though and put myself above the politics. I didn't go to Northampon however.

We know the case now we are self funded and we are playing I don't care what you say the Ricoh is our home regardless of wasps. I enjoy the Ricoh it's a fantastic stadium and the facilities are fantastic.

I respect any given fans view even though I thought it was madness to go to six fields I still didn't ridicule fans for it. I'm just glad more seen it like I did.

I personally think his view should be respected all be it a self hurting policy against ccfc he has undertaken.

Thanks for that Kilroy Silk

skybluetony176

The funny thing here of course is that NOPM was born because of the actions of our owners and their disregard for the fans but hey let's get angry at the symptoms not the cause.

Last edited:

chiefdave

People can choose not to go for all sorts of reasons and if they're not going because of some particular stance then fair enough. What I genuinely don't understand is what those who are as a matter of principle not putting money into the club think it is achieving.

There seems to be this idea in some sections that if you pay £20 to go to a game it goes straight to Joy yet over and over again the likes of OSB have said there is no evidence to suggest SISU are taking money out. The only thing being negatively impacted as far as I can see is the club, a separate entity to the owners.

Nick

Administrator
People can choose not to go for all sorts of reasons and if they're not going because of some particular stance then fair enough. What I genuinely don't understand is what those who are as a matter of principle not putting money into the club think it is achieving.

There seems to be this idea in some sections that if you pay £20 to go to a game it goes straight to Joy yet over and over again the likes of OSB have said there is no evidence to suggest SISU are taking money out. The only thing being negatively impacted as far as I can see is the club, a separate entity to the owners.

It is because they read people going on about management fees and SISU taking all of the money out and believe it and get wound up. When somebody points out that isn't actually the case, they get hammered for defending SISU.

skybluetony176

Good job you don't pass judgement on things and people you have never met ay?

If Grendull, RFC or anyone else for matter take issue with anything I have to say on anything or about them they can take it up with me on the same media that I'm delivering that message on. Here.

It's funny that the people who got on there high horses when people were having a go at fans attending Sixfields don't have the same principles about fans who won't go to home games while SISU are owners. I thought it was all down to the individuals personal choice and no one has the right to say otherwise? Or is it a case of now the shoe is on the other foot the rule book is rewritten?

Last edited:

ccfc1234

Oh I switched on and he was droning on about never going again - nothing that would give sisu money - the odd away game - never a Wembley final - it gives sisu money - never if we get promoted - it gives sisu money.

Why doesn't he bore off and support someone else.

He may speak for a few fans who frankly I dont miss at the Ricoh. The type that say last weekend we were "lucky" and the football was boring (seriously one fan said this)

I personally feel sorry that these people are so used to moaning they have forgotten what success looks and feels like and have got into a cycle of negativity.

I know some will not be pleased properly until we are back where "we rightly belong" 4th bottom of the PL, but I urge us to get behind TM and the players as we could be at the start of a climb back up the league after years of going backwards.

shy_tall_knight

Another gem from RFC - owners are a side issue, try telling that to Man City & Chelski fans. Don't agree with NOPM but understand his frustration as they have been awful owners which has directly input on what we have had to suffer on the pitch during the last few seasons. Super Sixfield Fans telling other fans to go and support someone else because they continue to voice their dissatisfaction about owners, seems a bit rich.

Nick

Administrator
If Grendull, RFC or anyone else for matter take issue with anything I have to say on anything or about them they can take it up with me on the same media that I'm delivering that message on.

It's funny that the people who got on there high horses when people were having a go at fans attending Sixfields don't have the same principles about fans who won't go to home games while SISU are owners. I thought it was all down to the individuals personal choice and no one has the right to say otherwise? Or is it a case of now the shoe is on the other foot the rule book is rewritten?

Of course it is down to personal choice. I could totally understand if and why people wouldn't go to Sixfields and it was up to them the same as it was to go. However refusing to go to watch their team play in case the owners get money from it but moaning about investment and player signings etc is a bit ironic isn't it? Kind of like the people mad against moving clubs and franchising but love Wasps now.

If people are saying they won't go because the owners are taking all of the money then it is wrong then isn't it as they aren't are they? The sort who just rant and rant and seem to be quite misinformed about what they rant about, blueflint was a good example of that the other day.

I want as many people as possible to go to as many games as possible, look what happened with a decent crowd against Wigan.

Kingokings204

Yes I agree. I honestly think they are oblivious we are a self run club now. If we had 25k fans each week then we would have more money in the pot and create a better team and better winning football.

Good post

SkyBlue_Bear83

Super Sixfield Fans telling other fans to go and support someone else because they continue to voice their dissatisfaction about owners, seems a bit rich.

No one has a problem with valid criticisms of the owners but whats the point in supporting a club if you choose to not attend matches.

shy_tall_knight

Yes I agree. I honestly think they are oblivious we are a self run club now. If we had 25k fans each week then we would have more money in the pot and create a better team and better winning football.

We received a lot of money from the Leon clarke and Callum wilson sales but these weren't invested back into the club but to pay off the losses that Sixfields caused, better quality on the pitch should have increased results bigger crowds etc... we chose to do the sisu way short term contracts mostly crap players. I struggle with all ours fans commending SISU for their financial management when they orchestrated the Sixfields move that was a short term financial disaster and a medium term disaster also with the lost fans and WASPS getting our stadium.

Great_Expectations

I am sure there are some who firmly and absolutely believe in NOPM and the objectives it hopes to achieve. I am also sure it is an excuse for a lot of "fans" to hide behind.

It's convenient to use it as an excuse or justification, rather than admitting the real reasons behind no longer supporting the team at home in person.

For me being a supporter means supporting the team.

Politics, bureaucracy aside, if you support CCFC you would be there watching, not hiding behind a toothless movement.

shy_tall_knight

NOPM is a convenient excuse for some but the reason there was only 6,000 at the Swindon home game (official crowd said 7,000 but there was a clear exaggeration) is because under our current owners their poor management of the club, northampton, losing the stadium, court cases - has driven fans away. they will return if we have a good run but even if we win tomorrow tuesday nights gate will still struggle to be above 10,000.

Grendel

NOPM is a convenient excuse for some but the reason there was only 6,000 at the Swindon home game (official crowd said 7,000 but there was a clear exaggeration) is because under our current owners their poor management of the club, northampton, losing the stadium, court cases - has driven fans away. they will return if we have a good run but even if we win tomorrow tuesday nights gate will still struggle to be above 10,000.

Actually it was because it was on the telly and a few pennies more were spent in the pub.

Users who are viewing this thread