The petition (1 Viewer)

matesx

Over 17k signatures.

Already seems forgotten.

What do we do with it?

Frankley

Surely its to show them en masse that they are not wanted

But nowadays could any local newspaper hope to get the sort of mass support needed to demonstrate to SISU that they're not wanted?

The population of the city is about 340,000, so 17,000 is about 5%. If you look at the supposed 'catchment area' for the club the figures look even worse.

I think there must have been some other motive, but I don't know what it is.

idm1975

But nowadays could any local newspaper hope to get the sort of mass support needed to demonstrate to SISU that they're not wanted?

The population of the city is about 340,000, so 17,000 is about 5%. If you look at the supposed 'catchment area' for the club the figures look even worse.

I think there must have been some other motive, but I don't know what it is.
Its more than turn up for games now, and it has also put our plight in the national media

Frankley

Its more than turn up for games now, and it has also put our plight in the national media

Isn't the CT owned by a national media company, couldn't they have got the story in the Daily Mirror and/or Sunday Mirror pretty much any time they liked over the past 9 years?

Martin84

Only one real way to put pressure on Sisu, complete fan no show, imagine the headlines if for atleast one game not one single Cov fan turned up to a home game. It would send shock waves through the world of football. Especially if u chose a game against a team who has traveled a long way for a midweek game where the is only likely to be 100 or so away fans. There would be more staff working than spectators. Sisu relay on every single ticket sold for a week to week running. Their income is at the lowest it is likely ever to be so for that one week it would nearly send them over the edge. Problem is people are trickle and will go and support the team because we have to get behind the team out of loyalty. Which member of staff from ccfc ever showed any loyalty over the last 10 years? Only oggy

georgehudson

as i mentioned on a previous thread,
anyone with a business, or, who knows someone who owns a business,
could get an A4 size piece of paper & have it put in the window,
'ANY MEMBER OF SISU ARE
BANNED FROM THESE PREMISES'

as a tit for tat response to their ludicrous ban on C/Tel,
essentially the more ridiculed TF & crew the better

idm1975

Isn't the CT owned by a national media company, couldn't they have got the story in the Daily Mirror and/or Sunday Mirror pretty much any time they liked over the past 9 years?
Dont think its down to the cet what goes in the daily mirror.

Frankley

I think you'll find national papers are always looking for material to fill their pages.

The CT journalists could have 'phoned or emailed their London colleagues at any time over the past 9 years and got a piece in the Daily Mirror or Sunday Mirror.

chiefdave

Its the same ground and good amount of what you see on the CT site and in the paper is in all the Trinity Mirror papers and the Mirror. Not hard to imagine it was put up there by the CT.

Users who are viewing this thread