The pet hates thread (3 Viewers)

WillieStanley

That's the one! (Admit I had to google it earlier but to name sure i dont miss her on TV its worth it ;) ).

7th Feb it starts

I agree the first series i watched it religiously. Same for the second. Third not so, and began recording some of them to watch at a later date (one of them programmes you couldn't miss one or you'd get out of sync yet its one of the shows that would go forward, then back in time. Confusing at times).

Comes the last series id kinda lost track what was happening. Probably why the Americans got bored and viewing figures reduced drastically
Still, I would prefer it if it ended

Yeah, if it is a strain on the English attention span, the Americans stand no chance!!

The real let down for me was that the first series had a host of characters full of potential but there was never any progression. Sylar was still flip flopping between evil and good (definately one of my favourite fictional characters of all time though), Claire was still whining about not fitting in, Peter Petrelli was still the underdog hero, Hiro was still an excitable comic book nerd, Noah was still "Die for my family at all costs" Parkman was still unbelievably annoying etc. All characters had major things happen to them on several occassions but it never seemed to change them. I could imagine a fifth series with all the powers being common knowledge being interesting though. But, yeah, character progression really let it down. That is why the likes of Buffy thrived even when the story was a bit weak, the characters were so strong, they kept growing and that held the show and the viewer.

TheRoyalScam

On the road:

Peugeot drivers who always have their fog lights on regardless of the conditions - idiots.

Drivers who fail to indicate - sheer laziness.

Tailgaters - utter lunacy.

Drivers who ignore red traffic lights - pure selfishness.

Cyclists who cycle with no lights on when it's dark - do they have a death wish?

Media/TV/Music:

X-Factor, BGT, Splash!, Big Bovver, IACGMOOH, Emmerdale, Jeremy Kyle, Neighbours, etc etc - absolute bilge.

Boy bands

Girl bands

'Folk' music

Schoenberg/any 12-tone music

Football:

Chris Waddle's and Jim Beglin's 'analysis' - more bilge.

ITV Sport

'We Are Leeds' fans

General:

Racists

Tories

The BNP

UKIP

Blind_Faith

People who go to Macdonalds to 'grab' a coffee then clog the place up sat on the there fat fucking arse reading a paper, its a fast food restaurant not starbucks!

People who dont indicate

Female callers on BBC CW after the game or talking about football in general, i know its a bit wrong but a voice in my head just goes ' You dont know what your talking about - SHUT UP!'

Football , like watching the game for 90 minutes but after that just switch off , dont need to hear G neville or Reknapp talking for 2 hours afterwards about it, ive just watched it!

Diving, cheating and foreign players in football.

Jo Brand

People who cue up for 15 minutes in subway then when they get to the counter take another 3 minutes to decide what they want coz theyve been to busy on there fucking iphone!

Hot Blonde girls that i cant talk to ;)

People who walk so slowly holding you up when youve actually got somewhere to be, if you have no purpose in going out stay the fuck at home!

Sunday drivers

Cyclists full stop!

Justin bieber

Harry potter!

New music on radio 1 , if it isnt played on an instrument then it cannot be classified as music!

People who buy tickets for the JPT area final then sell them on for a profit meaning a fan like myself cant bloody get one!

People who make shit tea - its not rocket science!

Come dine with me - Lets make a programme for people to watch people eating there dinner while they eat theres = FUCKTARDS!

Gok wan , louis spence and anyone else who is needlesly camp - shoot the lot of them!

Mr pot

People at work who make the coffee and tea shit on purpose so they don't get asked again.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Poor written English
Texting
PEOPLE WHO DON'T TAKE OFF "CAPS LOCK" EVEN THOUGH THEY MUST SEE THEIR MISTAKE AS THEY TYPE!
Seeing teens with their trousers hanging down around their arses. They don't even TRY to hitch them up!
Bad manners
People with poor hygiene
People who don't know the simple difference of "there", "they're" and "their". It's not rocket science!
Those people who spell "should of" or "could of" instead of the correct way: It's "should have" and "could have"!
Teenagers who think they have lived simply because they have been inside a couple of pubs and think they've now all grown up!
Impossible to open packaging.
Katie Price
Numerous "options" when calling a business number.
Having to pay the BBC a licence fee. There's enough free TV now. Can't they move with the times?
My brain hurts now.......

kg82

People that when a rumour about a player comes out e.g. "Coventry are thought to be interested in Manchester City teen, Alex Henshall", they comment "who". As if just because this player isn't known to that person they're not worth having. I would suggest that person won't know half the players in our squad, let alone the league we are in and stupid comments like "who" just goes to show the ignorance they possess! (Now that's a rant!!)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
People that when a rumour about a player comes out e.g. "Coventry are thought to be interested in Manchester City teen, Alex Henshall", they comment "who". As if just because this player isn't known to that person they're not worth having. I would suggest that person won't know half the players in our squad, let alone the league we are in and stupid comments like "who" just goes to show the ignorance they possess! (Now that's a rant!!)

I feel like i should remove my comment on Facebook now. Why? Because it simply says 'who?' ;) was tongue in cheek though!

Happens almost everytime we're linked with an 'unknown'.

Nimely, Adams, and even Westwood, Fox, Dann etc etc

kg82

I feel like i should remove my comment on Facebook now. Why? Because it simply says 'who?' ;) was tongue in cheek though!

Happens almost everytime we're linked with an 'unknown'.

Nimely, Adams, and even Westwood, Fox, Dann etc etc

Haha! Tongue in cheek is fine, the one's that rile me are the one's that are serious - my dad's actually the worst for it!!

kg82

And maybe I need to chill out a bit! Awful day! But then did start the thread to blow off steam at stupid things!

Johnnythespider

People who drive right up your arse, so you pull up alongside a parking space, then you can't reverse into it cause they're right up your arse, oh and as the thread title suggests, pets

Johnnythespider

people who let they're homes smell of wet dog,
people who let they're dog lick they're face
people who let they're dog shit on the pavement and don't pick it up
i quite like dogs though.

-People who film with iPads.
-People who stand who on transfer deadline day stand outside the training ground.
-Full kit w*****s.
-People who ask pointless questions.
-The fact that they stop the clock on the big screen when footy goes into added time.
-People who don't indicate.
-Pretty much every advert.
-Fake tension on TV shows
-X factor
-People who say Ronaldo is better than Messi.
-GLORY HUNTERS!

that's better....

Covstu

-People who film with iPads.
-People who stand who on transfer deadline day stand outside the training ground.
-Full kit w*****s.
-People who ask pointless questions.
-The fact that they stop the clock on the big screen when footy goes into added time.
-People who don't indicate.
-Pretty much every advert.
-Fake tension on TV shows
-X factor
-People who say Ronaldo is better than Messi.
-GLORY HUNTERS!

that's better....

spot on on all of these!!!!

SkyBlueScottie

I hate the noise of anyone filing their nails with a nail file :| makes me go all funny!

Totally agree with that....

Will.I.Am. One of the worst people to have ever lived.

EDIT: In a "most incredibly annoying" category!

I used to think so, but then got to hear of all his other stuff, ie building a car factory in his hometown etc, seemed quite genuine about it all.

On the road:

Peugeot drivers who always have their fog lights on regardless of the conditions - idiots.

Ah now I can explain that one, the wife drives a Peugeot and you honestly cant tell whether the thing is on if you are in the car. First of all it takes approximately 3 months to find the switch to enable you to operate it, there is no mention of it in the manuals or anything!

My list

Food fads, ie Oh I dont drink Milk anymore as dairy farming in entirely cruel.... do me a favour, there are far worse things going on in the world worse than Dairy Farming.

Idiots who use internet sites to ask a question without having researched the answer at all.

People who hate Twitter or Facebook and take great pleasure in telling people about it, its not big and not its clever and does not make you a better person. Just as using such sites does not put you on a pedestal.

Football pundits with the odd exception (Gary Neville) you are not telling us anything we have not realised. I remember Steve McLaren was on Football Focus a while back and it was a joy listening to him talk as he offered a real insight into the intricacies of tactics and coaching, where as the likes of MOTD pundits merely point out everything highly obvious "he should be stronger there" as a forward outmuscles a defender.

THis ones going back a bit, people who used to moan about the cashless Stadium were fully aware of the fact it was a cashless stadium, but would still try and pay cash, then argue and moan at the Counter and walkaway shaking their heads convinced they were still in the right.

SkyBlueScottie

Another one, Gloryhunting fans, happy to give it out but when the times are tough for there team lose interest straightaway.

My boss is a Liverpool fan , before the cup game last week I said their forward is a right handful ( Matt Smith) Smith scores after a minute, I text him and reminded him of what I had said in the week, but then also remind him that it took Matt Smith 80 odd minutes to score against us. No response for about 70 minutes, he then textss back to say he was not really watching the game but was not surprised at how bad it was going.... Arse!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
....People who hate Twitter or Facebook and take great pleasure in telling people about it.....

I fookin' HATE Twitter! So there!
Happy to let people know as well! I only use Facebook to keep in touch with my kids back in Cov. Otherwise I wouldn't use that either!

Covstu

when your watching a good film and there are loads of feckin adverts!! really annoying!!:mad:

scroobiustom

When you smash a team for shots/ possession/ corners etc and still lose!....on football manager ;)

bamalamafizzfazz

Here are a few of mine

-People who get borrow and lend the wrong way round. eg- 'I will borrow it to you' :mad:
-Jeremy Kyle
-All the gambling shows/ american shit product shopping on late at night
-Watching a television programme where they have to tell you at the start what is going to happen before you watch it
-People who compare films to their books, of course the book is going to be better get over it
-People eating at the cinema especially big bags of doritos!
-Twilight
-Expensive tickets and unnecesary booking fees
-Armchair football fans who think they know everything
-Mates who don't speak to anyone else when they bring out their girlfriends
-Poor customer service
-Getting asked for ID by someone younger than myself
-Spitting
-People at work who wear suits even though nobody else in their job does
-Undisclosed transfer fees
-Distracting animated graphics for other tv shows while im watching a programme
Finally...
-Cats

WillieStanley

Swearing in the JSB Zone.

The odd cuss I don't mind, it happens to us all occassionally, but there was this fella behind me who blatantly screamed the C word at the top of his lungs. He was also effing all the time. I was there with my 3 year old as I usually am for Saturday matches. That zone is especially designated for children and as such, should be a child friendly zone. For me, its a question of respect for all the parents around.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Swearing in the JSB Zone.

The odd cuss I don't mind, it happens to us all occassionally, but there was this fella behind me who blatantly screamed the C word at the top of his lungs. He was also effing all the time. I was there with my 3 year old as I usually am for Saturday matches. That zone is especially designated for children and as such, should be a child friendly zone. For me, its a question of respect for all the parents around.

You need to tell him.. or a Steward.. not on that.

Users who are viewing this thread