The Penalty (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

The rule is conning the ref for a pen or red card so no. Here’s one though: last season at Luton Fadz got a pen given for a handball that wasn’t. Should every Luton player who appealed get a two match ban?

Just one match will do next time we play them😉

JAM See

I suggest everyone googles 'Godden Dive'.

It is not news. Two match ban, move on.

I've said earlier...

He cheated.
It was good for the team that he cheated.
I'm glad he cheated.

The wider football media have no interest in this story.

Liquid Gold

The rule is conning the ref for a pen or red card so no. Here’s one though: last season at Luton Fadz got a pen given for a handball that wasn’t. Should every Luton player who appealed get a two match ban?
That isn't the rule, it's bringing the game into disrepute. In this case by the act of diving, it resulting in a penalty shouldn't have anything to do with it as there is no mention of it in the rules.

shmmeee

That isn't the rule, it's bringing the game into disrepute. In this case by the act of diving, it resulting in a penalty shouldn't have anything to do with it as there is no mention of it in the rules.

Nope.

Liquid Gold

shmmeee

Why does it not say that in the actual rules then?

giphy.gif

chiefdave

Nope.

Why bother having a rule book if they’re just going to add random things that aren’t part of the rules?

shmmeee

Why bother having a rule book if they’re just going to add random things that aren’t part of the rules?

Just a guess and haven’t checked, but is the rule book the laws of the game on the pitch and this is a league/association regulation like FFP and stuff and not part of the on pitch game.

Happy_Martian

Why does it not say that in the actual rules then?

" A new offence of ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’ will be in force from the start of the 2017-18 season, after the regulation change was approved by The FA Council today [18 May] and following a period of consultation with stakeholders over the past few months. "

Liquid Gold

" A new offence of ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’ will be in force from the start of the 2017-18 season, after the regulation change was approved by The FA Council today [18 May] and following a period of consultation with stakeholders over the past few months. "

I know I've seen that already, I wan't to know why it's a press release from the FA but not the actual rule book.

stevefloyd

Lets face it its not hard to dupe a referee because they are fucking useless and get conned the majority of times, I can accept this ban for Godden IF the governing bodies throughout the world do retrospective bans to everyone who dives or tries to con a ref regardless of where they are on the pitch. This cheating was rife in south american countries, remember Rivaldo having the ball kicked at him in a game when he was taking a corner, it hit him on the leg/thigh and he went down clutching his face...cheat cheat cheat, Neymar needs to be renamed Tom Daley for all his dives, Ronaldo does it they all do, if fifa started clamping down on big names and handing out 4 game bans and more it would be someway to stamping out the cheating on our beautiful game

Heres Rivaldo...poor love !!

Tommo1993

Every honest striker in the game will try and stay up to finish the chance, as Gyok tried to and would’ve been likely to put us 3-2 ahead. We were on row 4 and heard the contact. Joke.

slowpoke

Simple fact had that tackle been made on the edge of the box it would have been given as free-kick but we see time and again inside the penalty area they are not given, do they equal out over a season ? not sure

rexo87

That was simply a shocking decision yesterday. It was not only a penalty but a red card as well for high foot studs up. If refs want players to stay on their feet they’ve got to have enough bottle to give them when players try and stay on their feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

It was said on Quest last night that it was a definite penalty.

slowpoke

They can’t really equal out can they some penalties don’t win games do they yesterday’s could well have done. The refereeing standard in the championship needs raising for example every week we have premier referees as the fourth official when they could be used in the championship.

Grendel

We’re now 2-1 down on shit penalty decisions. The next one needs to go in our favour but somehow I doubt it will.

maybe but we also were saved from going behind in a game with a bad offside decision

wingy

Does anyone ever have the feeling that it can get percieved that somehow even most likely unconsciously across a season it can seem like there is a tendancy to keep usurper's and interlopers to the expected order?

Calista

Does anyone ever have the feeling that it can get percieved that somehow even most likely unconsciously across a season it can seem like there is a tendancy to keep usurper's and interlopers to the expected order?
Had to read that one a few times Wingy :)
I think my answer is No.

Happy_Martian

Time to watch this space....

Swansea vs Cardiff on Sky TV now. Swansea leading 2-0 and Laird (their winger) has just gone down in the box. Ref gives a corner. Replay shows no contact and another Swansea player has been booked for appealing. Will the FA do anything to Swansea or Laird ?

Sky Blue Pete

Swansea vs Cardiff on Sky TV now. Swansea leading 2-0 and Laird (their winger) has just gone down in the box. Ref gives a corner. Replay shows no contact and another Swansea player has been booked for appealing. Will the FA do anything to Swansea or Laird ?
Unlikely it’s Sunday

Frostie

No because that's not the rule.
Has to be successful deception

Happy_Martian

No because that's not the rule.
Has to be successful deception

And unfortunately, that is where the rule fails. Football will never be rid of cheating unless stronger action is taken. The ref in this instance gave a corner. If he felt the Swansea player was attempting to win a penalty by deceit, instead of a corner, he should have booked the player for simulation and awarded a freekick to Cardiff. If he genuinely missed it, it should be up to the fourth official or the assessor in the stand to report the incident to the FA for retroactive disciplinary action.

Otherwise, what's to prevent other players from continuing to attempt the same thing knowing there will be no comebacks ?

Users who are viewing this thread