The official NFL Thread (22 Viewers)

tisza

Vikings throw away a season with an abject performance in a game that looked lost from the beginning. Said about a month ago we wouldn't get to play-offs because we wouldn't beat the Bears.
Supposed best 3rd down defence gave up about 60% of 3rd downs to an average offence - many 5yds+.. Again giving up crucial downs to QB scrambles - see the Bills,Pats & Rams games. Zimmer even said before the game they'd be paying special attention to that!!
Cousins woeful. Doesn't inspire confidence from his team mates.
Zimmer looked lost on sidelines. Need a big free agency & draft on offensive line and corners. Rhodes injury problems costly - exposed an undrafted rookie over last 6-7 weeks.
More than good enough WRs, tight ends and running backs if they can get a line that offers better protection.

Otis

Vikings throw away a season with an abject performance in a game that looked lost from the beginning. Said about a month ago we wouldn't get to play-offs because we wouldn't beat the Bears.
Supposed best 3rd down defence gave up about 60% of 3rd downs to an average offence - many 5yds+.. Again giving up crucial downs to QB scrambles - see the Bills,Pats & Rams games. Zimmer even said before the game they'd be paying special attention to that!!
Cousins woeful. Doesn't inspire confidence from his team mates.
Zimmer looked lost on sidelines. Need a big free agency & draft on offensive line and corners. Rhodes injury problems costly - exposed an undrafted rookie over last 6-7 weeks.
More than good enough WRs, tight ends and running backs if they can get a line that offers better protection.
Cousins chokes too much and too often.

Terry Gibson's perm

I was watching on red zone and when they were losing at the end and had the ball I didn’t for a second think that Cousins would get them back in it he just doesn’t look like that type of QB, also towards the end he had the players in the huddle and they started walking off while he was still talking and when he broke he was virtually alone. It must be difficult being the biggest earner but not being worth it

Otis

I see the Redskins had more injuries than any other team in the entire NFL. :(

Terrible season for us and I am not expecting it to get much better next season either.

Problems throughout the franchise.

scottccfc

I was watching on red zone and when they were losing at the end and had the ball I didn’t for a second think that Cousins would get them back in it he just doesn’t look like that type of QB, also towards the end he had the players in the huddle and they started walking off while he was still talking and when he broke he was virtually alone. It must be difficult being the biggest earner but not being worth it
really enjoy skys coverage of the red zone

tisza

really enjoy skys coverage of the red zone
watched for the 1st time yesterday, Normally watch the Vikings or a decent match-up if they are not playing but wasn't much of interest in the early kick-offs.
Gotta be honest it switches around so quickly that it can be a bit confusing.

scottccfc

the uniforms get me, the ravens I thought played in purple and white yet iv seen them play in white jerseys and black jerseys, and other teams have camo kits, how many Jerseys can a team have during the season and how is it decided?

Liquid Gold

the uniforms get me, the ravens I thought played in purple and white yet iv seen them play in white jerseys and black jerseys, and other teams have camo kits, how many Jerseys can a team have during the season and how is it decided?
Normally they have a home, an alternate, a colour rush, a throwback and a salute to service. But they just play in whatever combination fits them, it's not as set in stone as kits over here.

Terry Gibson's perm

Head coaches getting fired by the minute four gone today Dolphins,cardinals,bengals and Broncos

Otis

Head coaches getting fired by the minute four gone today Dolphins,cardinals,bengals and Broncos
Redskins???? Why no Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!????

giphy.gif

Otis

Play-off predictions.

Wild Card weekend coming up first.

AFC

Chargers at the Ravens
Colts at the Texans

HTC

Eagles at the Bears
Seahawks at the Cowboys

Toughest one to call I feel is the Seattle/Dallas game.

I think the Bears defence will be too hot for Philadelphia and if Trubisky shines, Chicago will win.

I think the Ravens will swarm all over Philip Rivers, so Baltimore there.

Colts at the Texans is a tough call, but I will stick with Houston and home field advantage.

No idea on the Seahawks and Cowboys. A lot may depend on how well Russell Wilson plays.

Going to go for a sneaky Seattle victory.

Otis

Oops. First two wrong. Was close on the Seahawks game, but Houston were pretty much blown out in that first half by the Colts.

tisza

Oops. First two wrong. Was close on the Seahawks game, but Houston were pretty much blown out in that first half by the Colts.
difficult to evaluate Cowboys win when Seahawks had to adjust game plan for having no kicker 2nd half.
Colts defence under-rated. Texans just couldn't protect Watson.

Otis

Yeah. Losing the kicker is a big loss. Seahawks also gave away some needless penalties too.

tisza

reckon Chargers and Bears tonight but both close.
Best chance of an upset is the Eagles if they can find some protection for Foles. Bears defence mean offence shouldn't have to do too much.
Trubisky better than Bortles last year but similar set-ups ie. heavily reliant on defence, some running game and rest of offense turns up occasionally

tisza

Chargers ravens a defensive battle.
Rivers showing his experience by taking it bit by bit until in fg range.

Otis

This Bears/Eagles game is tight.

Very hard to call. Foles thrown for two interceptions though already.

tisza

Bears wishing they'd thrown gw17 to play us again :)
Interesting 2 best defences gone already - against okay offenses.
At least Bears eagles was competitive for all 4 quarters.
Feel for the kicker but shouldn't be in that position if the Bears had a better offense. Like Jags last year you need to put points on the board in the playoffs no matter what your defence can potentially do

Users who are viewing this thread