The official NFL Thread (12 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Goff was the only QB on show last night that didn't look like a rookie and I'm not a massive fan of his. Stafford throwing all those interceptions with the money he's on would make my blood boil if I was a Lions fan.

ajsccfc

Was in for Seahawks tickets but couldn't justify the £200+ it'd end up costing based on the tickets available. Hopefully next time they don't botch it and plan for a phantom stadium that exists in theory.

Otis

I think the NFL could be a lot more competitive this year and surely the Browns can't be that pathetic yet again.

The Broncos could be strong and so too the Eagles, Pats, Packers, Rams, Panthers, Bears, Vikings, Falcons, Texans.

Be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Liquid Gold

Was in for Seahawks tickets but couldn't justify the £200+ it'd end up costing based on the tickets available. Hopefully next time they don't botch it and plan for a phantom stadium that exists in theory.
You can pick them up for £15 the day before on Stub Hub. It's what I'm planning on doing.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I think the NFL could be a lot more competitive this year and surely the Browns can't be that pathetic yet again.

The Broncos could be strong and so too the Eagles, Pats, Packers, Rams, Panthers, Bears, Vikings, Falcons, Texans.

Be interesting to see how it all pans out.

the browns i don think will go the whole season defeated this year at all, they have a good team qb taylor isnt the worst and they signed landry from us, for me panthers, eagles pats and rams look be most dangerous this year.

Liquid Gold

Thinking back, my favourite thing that happened in the game on Sunday was Smith under arming the ball near to one of his linemen instead of taking a safety. Cousins takes that safety every time and it started a drive that ended in a TD.

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Oh yeah forgot he was a cheat

Packers getting rid of dom capers was long over due. Always been terrible in pass rush and 3rd downs

Yesterday still showed lots of room for improvement but it looked so much better
Yeah, Packers 3rd down plays were pretty special and reverting to 'no huddle' and fast paced offence to counteract the Bears pass rush worked a treat.

Otis

This is pretty poor from the Redskins this week. We have a tough schedule this season and were favourites to beat the Colts today, but haven't even mustered a single touchdown and are now two scores down with about 7 mins left. :(

tisza

Was a poor decision.

They were praising Cousins for a great performance on the commentary, but that should clearly gone down as an interception.
too much inconsistency on these calls. Terrible one on Vikings defence for hitting Rodgers when it was a soft tackle at best. Gave Packers 3pts at end of 1st half. Yet a worse double tackle on Cousins with hands to the face isn't called. Matthews call a poor decision
Vikings need Elflein back ASAP. Once again kickers a decisive problem. And for the 2nd week in a row brutally exposed on the right hand side of the secondary.
Still like the look of the Rams

Otis

Yeah, they look decent.

Think Redskins deceived everyone last week. Everyone was saying they look a good team and could be a threat. Now it turns out the Cards are just crap.

For the first time in 50 years the top running back for the Redskins was a wide receiver.

Skins were awful and I think they are in for a long hard season.

Hats have to go off to KC though and Mahomes. They are looking really good.

NE might not quite be the force people thought they'd be I think.

It's already starting to formulate and you can pretty much see many of the top dogs this year.

CCFC88

Think NE will work it out, they always do. They started 2-2 last year and then went 11-1 through the remainder. Came up against a very good and ballsy Jags team, would be surprised to see a repeat of that fixture as the AFC Championship match.

Otis

Think NE will work it out, they always do. They started 2-2 last year and then went 11-1 through the remainder. Came up against a very good and ballsy Jags team, would be surprised to see a repeat of that fixture as the AFC Championship match.
They did have a few injuries too, the Pats.

Can't get over how bad Washington were though. Looking very gloomy I think.

Offensive line didn't aid the run or protect Smith and the defence let the Colts move the ball too easily and didn't get near Luck.

Otis

Yeah, odd one.

You would have thought that he would have at least left it until the end of the game.

Seems a bit disrespectful quitting at half time.

Liquid Gold

The thing is that call against Matthews is correct according to the rules which say that if the tackler lands on top of the QB then it's a roughing the passer penalty. The reason this rule was bought in - because Aaron Rodgers kicked up such a fuss about his collarbone injury last year.

Liquid Gold

Washington were truly terrible yesterday. I watched the game live and you could just tell almost immediately that they were going to have a bad game, never got going. Our only hope lies in the rest of the NFC East being rubbish. Giants have nobody in the trenches, Cowboys have no thing outside of Zeke, Philly are going to get everybody's best as champs and need to adjust between a backup QB and one coming back from a serious injury. Our problem is with the brutal schedule. I can see us ending the season 4-12. The only upside in that is that it would probably rid us of Gruden, who I don't rate, and give us a decent position in the draft to either trade or look at a long term QB.

Otis

Washington were truly terrible yesterday. I watched the game live and you could just tell almost immediately that they were going to have a bad game, never got going. Our only hope lies in the rest of the NFC East being rubbish. Giants have nobody in the trenches, Cowboys have no thing outside of Zeke, Philly are going to get everybody's best as champs and need to adjust between a backup QB and one coming back from a serious injury. Our problem is with the brutal schedule. I can see us ending the season 4-12. The only upside in that is that it would probably rid us of Gruden, who I don't rate, and give us a decent position in the draft to either trade or look at a long term QB.
Gruden seems a little nice and his record is not at all great is it.

Wonder if he could be the first casualty of the season.

Good job we've only got Green Bay next week. Should be a walk in the park.

tisza

The thing is that call against Matthews is correct according to the rules which say that if the tackler lands on top of the QB then it's a roughing the passer penalty. The reason this rule was bought in - because Aaron Rodgers kicked up such a fuss about his collarbone injury last year.
one called on Vikings end of 1st half was a side on tackle and tackler did not land on him.
you do see bigger hits from behind when QBs are sacked - just because they are still holding the ball does not mean they are less vulnerable.
Cousins sack had 2 defenders with hand contact to the face yet not called.
Rules seem messy and defenders do have to be still have a go at QBs.

covcity4life

terrible call cost packers the win but at least vikings didnt finish the job.

still see enough to make me think packers have a chance of going all the way though.

Otis

terrible call cost packers the win but at least vikings didnt finish the job.

still see enough to make me think packers have a chance of going all the way though.
Not sure Rodgers is going to stay healthy.

Lose him and you've got no chance. He's clearly still suffering a bit.

Terry Gibson's perm

The quarterback is becoming far to protected if they were getting hit more often they wouldn’t be carrying on as long as they areBrady will be out there collecting his pension

Users who are viewing this thread