The Official Betting Thread (1 Viewer)

CovfanDan

Ive got both teams to score in every game in champioship tonight, £110 if it comes off,

Also got a cheaky 50p on 9match accumulator in the championship

wish me luck :)

Unlucky mate, I kept an eye on this, only Barnsley and Huddersfield didnt score, and you'd fancy them to score most games to be fair. What were the odds?

CovfanDan

Right then, ive had a little look at the fixtures, fancy the following ..

Both teams to score....

Palace - Burnley (Palace seem to be doing ok of late and Burnley can nick a goal or two)

Peterboro - Forest (Peterboro won the last two, but from the previous games can definately conceed and Forest, 0-0 with Blackburn so cant see them not scoring two games on the bounce)

Sheff Weds - Hull (Sheff Weds statred alright didnt they but recently lost 5 on the bounce, scored 3 at Burnley, fancy them to score at homeand Hull, well, they are playing Sheff Weds so in with a chance!)

Barca - Real Madrid (Both got to score....surely!)

6/1

Anyone else losing money to the bookies this weekend??!

Bertola

I do an each way First scorer patent every weekend.

This weekend I've gone for Jelavic (4/1), Crouch (10/1) and Ba (7/1)

CovfanDan

Always fancy Jelavic to score, have a look at this, taken from the Liverpool Echo, April 28th...

The word is that 41 of Jelavic’s last 44 strikes, for Everton and for Rangers, have been single-touch finishes. He has taken just 47 touches in total to net those 44 goals.

Each way 1st scorer patent, how does that work then mate?

Bertola

Each way part (on bet 365) gives you a 1/3 of the odds to score at any time if they dont score first.

Patent is just all 7 combinations of the 3 bets (singles, doubles treble).

Doing it e/w means 14 lines so a £1 ew bet would be £14 in total.

If a player doesnt play then you get the stake for the single back, and the other lines are just reduced (so any doubles he was in become singles, treble becomes double)

Best one I've had was roughly this time last year, Van Persie, Marlon King and Van Der Vaart all came in for me. Nearly £500 back for £14

CovisGod

Gone for Moussa to score first in a 2-1 win and a 5 fold out of 6

Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Bolton and of course Us.

rob9872

Acca for tomorrow:

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, Watford, Swindon, Fleertwood

Pays 18/1 (Billies - on line)

CovfanDan

Didn't someone on here miss out on loads by a goal or two?

Haven't had a chance to have a proper look at the fixtures this weekend, but btts, Sheff Weds-Leeds and Spurs-Chelsea is about 5/2 might have a nibble on that. Both on the tele too aint they, good watching it when theres money on it.

(Blimey, I think the bet365 adverts are working aint they!)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Has anyone actually had a winner on this thread yet?! (feel free to quote your post if you have)

Fwit, Cov/Notts C both teams to score must be a shoo-in...

CovisGod

Having a rough couple of weeks since my £260 win on the Man Utd v Liverpool game, got a few on today as I'm coming down from Norfolk for the game :) won't list them all but all £1-£2 bets,

Goldie 1st scorer in 2-1 win
2-2
Cov HT Draw FT
Wood 1st scorer
Cov 3-1 win
Cov HT & FT

Then a surprising accumulator

Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool to win, £10 on £50 returns

Astute

Just 1 bet of the day today for me. Tranmere rovers 3.35 on betfair away to Bournemouth. Tranmere 1st having only dropped 6 points all season. Bornemouth 21st and below us.

wingy

Just 1 bet of the day today for me. Tranmere rovers 3.35 on betfair away to Bournemouth. Tranmere 1st having only dropped 6 points all season. Bornemouth 21st and below us.
New manager ,Eddie Howe to factor in Astute.:thinking about:
BTW could you explain the way you express you're bets as a number with decimal points rather than say 5/1

Astute

Because that is the way Betfair works :D

Just over 2 1/3 for the runaway leaders is a good price. +20 goals after 12 games. Top 3 scorers in our division. I don't look for certainties. I look for good odds. They are averaging 2.5 points a game. If they win you more than treble your money.

2 7/20 to be precise

Last edited:

CovInEssex

New manager ,Eddie Howe to factor in Astute.:thinking about:
BTW could you explain the way you express you're bets as a number with decimal points rather than say 5/1

You'll see betting odds displayed as decimals as the norm soon enough. Far simpler to understand.

2.50 means you'll win £2.50 if you put £1 on.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Did anyone put a bet on us to win the JPT at the start of the season and if so what odds were we before the tournament started?

Astute

You'll see betting odds displayed as decimals as the norm soon enough. Far simpler to understand.

2.50 means you'll win £2.50 if you put £1 on.

You would get £2.50 back including your stake. The first 1 point is the stake. For instance 3 is 2/1, 3.5 is 5/2 7 is 6/1 and so on.

Astute

Did anyone put a bet on us to win the JPT at the start of the season and if so what odds were we before the tournament started?

No, but have a decent amount of money on us to get promoted at big odds this season. Put wager on whilst we were in the bottom 4 :pimp:

Also got Clarke to be top scorer at 20 when he first joined. Use profits from my McG bet. Put £25 on him at 140. Cashed in half of it and put it on Clarke. Have cashed the rest of it in and that got me just over my original £25 back. Win a nice 4 figure sum if Clarke is top scorer.......on a free bet :D

rob9872

You can't have cashed it in. You can green up so all the same but can't cash out the market until season end.

rob9872

Also for those of you comparing odds versus high street don't forget to factor in commission at 5%

PVA

Once again we look pretty good value today.

As do Man utd. Gonna have a double on that.

Astute

You can't have cashed it in. You can green up so all the same but can't cash out the market until season end.

So you know about betfair then?

I layed McG. The lay comes straight from potential profit and not my bank. Because I would have won money if he was top scorer or not the lowest balance goes straight into my pot. I then put it on Clarke at 20. Last time I looked he was 4.5. So that bet can now be cashed as I could lay him at 4.5.....or 7/2 if you prefer. Remember I got him at 20......or 19/1.

The only time you don't collect is when there is possible other results. If you cover all results you get paid.

Astute

Also for those of you comparing odds versus high street don't forget to factor in commission at 5%

The more you bet with Betfair the lower the commission. You build up points and each month some points are taken away. But you get points for each bet. I think I pay about 3.5%.......but with the higher odds you get it is well worth it.

Astute

Just read back on what I put and don't understand myself :D

Understand what you are saying now Rob.....spot on :p All stakes refunded however much you put on as long as green in all ways.

I prefer to do it on cricket games.....5 dayers. If you get a game that keeps swinging each way you make a small fortune. Keep taking the longer odds and hope to get long odds on the draw.

jon92

Just seen William hill offering man united and man city win 6/1 limited time only with £10 max stake still would return £70

Users who are viewing this thread