The next step for the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

:pointlaugh:

You didn't engage brain before typing that did you?

Care to develop that point further?

Oh I forget its bezzer. The resident twat head who throws insults around and belittles everyone else without adding anything constructive to the debate.

bezzer

Care to develop that point further?

Oh I forget its bezzer. The resident twat head who throws insults around and belittles everyone else without adding anything constructive to the debate.

You always have to resort to insults :claping hands:

CvsF

You clearly have no idea how council budgets work, so its probably pointless in telling you that.

The overwhelming majority of politicians of all persuasions go into politics to serve. Yes there are a few bad eggs, and a lot of incompetence, but I can assure you the 99% of Coventry Councillors do so because they want to do good for the city.

As for bringing care homes into this, the last time I seen two issues as unrelated as that thrown together was when striking Firemen had banners about Palestine.

The money the council lent to the Ricoh was an investment which will see a profit for the council, allowing them to keep care homes open.

Au contraire. I am quite aware how Councils operate. I am also quite aware of their "creativity" when they want to make unpopular decisions.

The care homes thing was a little silly, I admit. It was tongue in cheek after your rather ridiculous "so you want people to lose their jobs you vile human being" hissy fit. You knew quite well what I meant.

I presume you got angry as I was having a go at your beloved Council.

bigfatronssba

You always have to resort to insults :claping hands:

Do I? Please find another one of my posts to support that remark please, otherwise its just you being a liar. Which is probably why you like sisu so much.

I figured it was the only language you understood.

bigfatronssba

Au contraire. I am quite aware how Councils operate. I am also quite aware of their "creativity" when they want to make unpopular decisions.

The care homes thing was a little silly, I admit. It was tongue in cheek after your rather ridiculous "so you want people to lose their jobs you vile human being" hissy fit. You knew quite well what I meant.

I generally always get angry at football yob mentality.

The Gentleman

Listen to Del Boy here, still haven't answered my question about why you hate the council so much ? not swayed by political motives are you ?

CvsF

Listen to Del Boy here, still haven't answered my question about why you hate the council so much ? not swayed by political motives are you ?

I'm an equal opportunities hater. I hold the council in equal contempt to those fuckers SISU. I want shot of them both. However, I get a little cross at numbskulls such as yourself who seem to back ACL/CCC to the hilt.

James Smith

I'm sure it would but they won't ever get TEN "big name" acts a year. EVERY year, no way. Maybe one or two, but not ten. ACL are blustering and many people are falling for it. The Ricoh will crash and burn without CCFC and as I said I hope Lucas, Reeves and all the other cronies go down with it.

Well they get corporate bookings that we joe public don't hear about unless we're involved in it. As well as Trade Shows etc. Best analysis is here

not quite the case though in terms of usage that is advertised though is it .....

http://www.ricoharena.com/business/business-events/

http://www.ricoharena.com/entertainment/entertainment-events/

http://www.ricoharena.com/sport/sport-events/

Think you will find that they have had some major national conferences etc that are not publicised..... eg Boots and Sainsbury's national conferences

Like many conference and exhibition businesses not all their events are publicised. Also on some of the events there are set up/break up times to consider all of which the promoter concerned pays for. Will it be as busy as they would like no because they will have held back on booking alternative events because of keeping availability for CCFC - some events are planned and booked 6 to 12 months in advance and you cannot plug those gaps with major events easily. Is the business plan to rely on irregular big hit events or is it to attract and focus on smaller events and a more constant stream of income? It is not positioned to compete directly with the NEC.

There must be something going on there because they have been recruiting for staff recently.

The only info we have is what PWKH said the other day

Turnover 2011was £6.6m 2012 was £7.8m 2013 was £12.5m and 2014 is projected at £13.4m

Income from CCFC in 2013 figures total of £12.5m would have been Escrow account £336k match day costs £230k plus F&B income say £800k = £1.366m then you have to take out the cost of sales for F&B say £540K plus the match day costs recharged £230k net effect is a gross profit £596k on CCFC income. So when looking at the bottom line you can not simply take out the loss of rent and say that is what reduces the net profit.

The 2013 figures saw a loss of gross CCFC rental income from £1.347m down to £566k but Turnover apparently up to £12.5m from £7.8m that I suspect is an increase in turnover even if you take out the Olympic games effect.

Until proven otherwise you would have to go with the projection for 2014 which would be based on the 5 months already gone, the business that has been booked (usually 6 to 12 months in advance) and past experience. PWKH says the projection is for £13.4m without any income from CCFC.

Factor in the savings on profit and cashflow from the new loan, the non replacement of senior staff, and savings on utilities etc - is failure so certain as some would have us believe? Not saying it is going to be a gold mine but it is possible that the Ricoh can survive without CCFC isnt it?

Ideally CCFC would be at the Ricoh with some some security of occupation, but I think it is wrong to state failure of the Ricoh without CCFC as a fact - it isnt it is an opinion based on very few facts

bigfatronssba

I'm an equal opportunities hater. I hold the council in equal contempt to those fuckers SISU. I want shot of them both. However, I get a little cross at numbskulls such as yourself who seem to back ACL/CCC to the hilt.

So what have ACL ever done to upset you?

They are not the council remember.

bigfatronssba

Well they get corporate bookings that we joe public don't hear about unless we're involved in it. As well as Trade Shows etc. Best analysis is here

I'm going for my works Christmas party there next week. £50 a head, they must be making a bit off that.

Astute

I'm going for my works Christmas party there next week. £50 a head, they must be making a bit off that.

Please remove this post. This thread is supposed to be a 'We love SISU and they are doing a good job whilst all our problems are due to CCC for building the damned stadium' thread

The Gentleman

Please do provide me with a quote stating where I back ACL/CCC to the hilt. If you can't, do me a favour and wipe that egg off your face because I won't be the one looking silly. What I also want to ask you though is that in the post above, you hold ACL/CCC and Sisu in equal contempt. If this is the case, why all the vitriol against one party and not the other ? Just to clear up something else, what is a numbskull ?

CvsF

Who needs a football club when we can have Christmas parties? Unfortunately, ACL haven't yet realised that they won't have Christmas parties and Olympic football fifty-two weeks a year.

Last edited:

CvsF

Please do provide me with a quote stating where I back ACL/CCC to the hilt. If you can't, do me a favour and wipe that egg off your face because I won't be the one looking silly. What I also want to ask you though is that in the post above, you hold ACL/CCC and Sisu in equal contempt. If this is the case, why all the vitriol against one party and not the other ? Just to clear up something else, what is a numbskull ?

You gave yourself away with your initial "what more can poor little ACL do" post. It must have been difficult typing that while wringing your hands in anguish.

bezzer

Do I? Please find another one of my posts to support that remark please, otherwise its just you being a liar. Which is probably why you like sisu so much.

I figured it was the only language you understood.

You actually want people to lose their jobs at the council for, what it appears, doing their job?

You really are a vile, nasty human being

You obviously have a small brain as well as a forgetful one :pointlaugh:

Last edited:

CvsF

Please remove this post. This thread is supposed to be a 'We love SISU and they are doing a good job whilst all our problems are due to CCC for building the damned stadium' thread

Another who has a box of tissues handy in readiness for the next ACL statement, I see.

covcity4life

nick cant you do anything about blatant wumming? going back and forth and getting aggro is one thing but dismissing someone elses opinion by calling them sisu employees is something else. you need to throw a few bans around imo

p.s my xmass party also at ricoh soon,i wont spend any money at the bar though...........cos i am stingy.

bigfatronssba

You obviously have a small brain as well as a forgetful one :pointlaugh:

That wasn't name calling, that was stating the obvious.

James Smith

I used to hate Oxfordshire Council because their public libraries were closed when I desperately needed to look something up for my homework all those years ago. I used to hate Warwickshire Council because I was accused of dropping litter (which I hadn't) by a street sweeper on a school trip to watch Shakespeare at Stratford on Avon. I got over it though, not sure the same would apply to SISU for moving us to Sixfields.

The Gentleman

You gave yourself away with your initial "what more can poor little ACL do" post. It must have been difficult typing that while wringing your hands in anguish.

Someone else who includes their own writing into other peoples posts to try and win an argument, what a tosser. Still waiting for you to find my quote where I back them to the hilt, not being able to find it after what you said makes you look a dick.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/uks-biggest-computer-gaming-festival-6369892

You know what worries me about this article...... it isnt how will ACL survive without CCFC (I tend to believe they can)......... it is that usually at Easter there is one home match for CCFC (swindon 18/04/14 in this case) ...... it couldnt happen now could it ..............this says to me there is no prospect of CCFC back at the Ricoh any time soon - that is what concerns me

bigfatronssba

I used to hate Oxfordshire Council because their public libraries were closed when I desperately needed to look something up for my homework all those years ago. I used to hate Warwickshire Council because I was accused of dropping litter (which I hadn't) by a street sweeper on a school trip to watch Shakespeare at Stratford on Avon. I got over it though, not sure the same would apply to SISU for moving us to Sixfields.

I'd seek out a Judicial Review against Oxfordshire Council if I was you. Claim you have suffered loss of earnings as had the library been open you would have definitely done better in your exams and you would definitely be in a job paying upwards of £1m a year.

Heads are going to role at the disgusting and greedy Oxfordshire County Council, and I cant wait until I see its leader sleeping rough.

James Smith

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/uks-biggest-computer-gaming-festival-6369892

You know what worries me about this article...... it isnt how will ACL survive without CCFC (I tend to believe they can)......... it is that usually at Easter there is one home match for CCFC (swindon 18/04/14 in this case) ...... it couldnt happen now could it ..............this says to me there is no prospect of CCFC back at the Ricoh any time soon - that is what concerns me
Depressing stuff! (Although not for the gamers it would seem)

bigfatronssba

Your right.

It suggests ACL have already begun to move on.

James Smith

I'd seek out a Judicial Review against Oxfordshire Council if I was you. Claim you have suffered loss of earnings as had the library been open you would have definitely done better in your exams and you would definitely be in a job paying upwards of £1m a year.

Heads are going to role at the disgusting and greedy Oxfordshire County Council, and I cant wait until I see its leader sleeping rough.
Do you think the SISU lawyer would do it on a no win no fee basis because it's against a council?

bigfatronssba

Depressing stuff! (Although not for the gamers it would seem)

Good for the local economy though.

Those at the Get Cov back to the Ricoh group will be pleased as they were worried about the loss of income to the city's economy.

Grendel

Isn't this held indoors?

bigfatronssba

Do you think the SISU lawyer would do it on a no win no fee basis because it's against a council?

They might. They feel a great moral duty to stand up to the evil of open democratic institutions.

James Smith

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Isn't this held indoors?

Think there are plans to use other areas for camping etc so the whole site will be taken up Grendel

Plus it isnt just those 4 days that the site is unavailable ....... it will have set up and take down time either side of it

Indication of the move away from CCFC being key to ACL future business perhaps ? ACL have to look after their business when all is said and done, just as CCFC must look after theirs as they see fit. Going different directions more and more it seems

Certainly a blow to fans hopes of a return to the Ricoh

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Sounds like a trial for festivals in general, maybe the next move will be a bank holiday pop festival with on-site camping, it is certainly a shot across SISU's bows!
Its not clear to me where the campsite will be, you couldn't drive pegs into the car park or pitch with out ruining them, but I guess there are options to provide facilities & charge for them.

James Smith

Think there are plans to use other areas for camping etc so the whole site will be taken up Grendel

Plus it isnt just those 4 days that the site is unavailable ....... it will have set up and take down time either side of it

Indication of the move away from CCFC being key to ACL future business perhaps ? ACL have to look after their business when all is said and done, just as CCFC must look after theirs as they see fit. Going different directions more and more it seems

Certainly a blow to fans hopes of a return to the Ricoh

A return to Coventry would be perfect, doesn't have to be the Ricoh.

Any chance of any news about the New Stadium Tim or Mark?

The Gentleman

Isn't this held indoors?

Would be silly to hold it on the pitch, don't you think ? What it shows is that they can start to attract something new to the Ricoh. As I have said before, when something starts to snowball it could be good news for a business. The location right by one of the biggest motorways in the country start to make the Ricoh look like a good place to hold things. You don't need to use the pitch all the time if other parts of the business is supporting them, just use the pitch in late spring, summer and early Autumn for things that are better outside. This also gives the opportunity to bring in pay as you play to other sports.

Users who are viewing this thread