The next step for the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

The Gentleman

At what point does a business say fuck it, we need to move on and start looking elsewhere for revenue. I know people on here have said who would take it on full time but does that need to be the case, with all the sport we see on Sky now, you have travelling road shows in Rugby and NFL and i'm sure the Ricoh could lend itself to other sports. I don't see what else ACL can do after their last offer and would it not force Sisu's hand a little. The only sad thing for me if ACL did this would be to take down the CCFC badges around the stadium to cater for other teams. Would people on here go and watch another sport at the Ricoh on a Saturday ?

ecky

If I were ACL I would move on and tell seppala you had your chance and you blew it, time to set a new club up..

CvsF

You're living in fucking dreamland if you think ACL can replace the football club as an anchor tenant. NFL? You're kidding yourself, they will only ever go to Wembley or maybe Manchester, not a backwater like Coventry. ACL/CCC have messed this up big time and when it crashes round their ears I hope it takes a few political careers with it.

blueflint

You're living in fucking dreamland if you think ACL can replace the football club as an anchor tenant. NFL? You're kidding yourself, they will only ever go to Wembley or maybe Manchester, not a backwater like Coventry. ACL/CCC have messed this up big time and when it crashes round their ears I hope it takes a few political careers with it.

are you living in the real world or just your own illusion only SISU took us to northampton

CvsF

are you living in the real world or just your own illusion only SISU took us to northampton

I'm living in a world where the NFL won't be going anywhere near the Ricoh. So, the real one, I guess. Still I could be like the OP and fool himself that the arena is suddenly going to become Hot Property Number One for business and sport. Delusional.

blueflint

I'm living in a world where the NFL won't be going anywhere near the Ricoh. So, the real one, I guess. Still I could be like the OP and fool himself that the arena is suddenly going to become Hot Property Number One for business and sport. Delusional.

don't just rely on NFL there are other sports with need of stadiums but don't forget the stadium is only a part of the ricoh complex

The Gentleman

I'm wide awake and have seen and read of other things being played on the Ricoh pitch. You were the one who must have been sleeping when that happened. Obviously when we played there they had to limit what went on and more recently they have been keen on us going back to play there so cannot sign upto anything in case of clashes, but to say there is no chance of seeing anything other than CCFC there is naive. Years ago people would have said you were mad for seeing anything other than football at football grounds but that is now not the case. I'm sure just 10 more gigs a year alone at the Ricoh would net more than the 400k a year figure which was originally offered to Sisu or do you disagree with this too ?

CvsF

I'm sure just 10 more gigs a year alone at the Ricoh would net more than the 400k a year figure which was originally offered to Sisu or do you disagree with this too ?

I'm sure it would but they won't ever get TEN "big name" acts a year. EVERY year, no way. Maybe one or two, but not ten. ACL are blustering and many people are falling for it. The Ricoh will crash and burn without CCFC and as I said I hope Lucas, Reeves and all the other cronies go down with it.

covcity4life

I'm sure it would but they won't ever get TEN "big name" acts a year. EVERY year, no way. Maybe one or two, but not ten. ACL are blustering and many people are falling for it. The Ricoh will crash and burn without CCFC and as I said I hope Lucas, Reeves and all the other cronies go down with it.

you are my new favourite poster!(sorry aj)

fernandopartridge

I'm wide awake and have seen and read of other things being played on the Ricoh pitch. You were the one who must have been sleeping when that happened. Obviously when we played there they had to limit what went on and more recently they have been keen on us going back to play there so cannot sign upto anything in case of clashes, but to say there is no chance of seeing anything other than CCFC there is naive. Years ago people would have said you were mad for seeing anything other than football at football grounds but that is now not the case. I'm sure just 10 more gigs a year alone at the Ricoh would net more than the 400k a year figure which was originally offered to Sisu or do you disagree with this too ?

Where are the gigs coming from though mate? In general concerts are limited to the summer months and due to their set up aren't really feasible on a weekly basis.

I don't believe ACL earn that much from concerts as generally the promoter gets that. ACL would have to develop themselves as being able to provide more than just the venue and a few football stewards.

RPHunt

How is it that every time SISU make a massive PR balls-up, we get a newly joined member spewing out anti ACL bile?

CvsF

How is it that every time SISU make a massive PR balls-up, we get a newly joined member spewing out anti ACL bile?

Ah...you're playing the old "they don't agree with me so they must be a SISU plant/employee" card. Might come as a shock to you but not everyone supports the Council.

TheRoyalScam

It's called PR mate - probably posting from a hedge fund office in Mayfair! This new one's got a lap dog in covcity4life though - 4 likes already:) Just stick him on 'ignore' if you want to keep your sanity!

CvsF

It's called PR mate - probably posting from a hedge fund office in Mayfair! This new one's got a lap dog in covcity4life though - 4 likes already:) Just stick him on 'ignore' if you want to keep your sanity!

And you're no doubt Anne Lucas sitting in the Council House preparing your next "free" rent offer and deciding which third party you'll send it through.

The Gentleman

Doesn't need to be 10 'big name acts' as you call them to make up that shortfall. A few more loony religions along too and they will be rolling in it. You never know Joy herself might go to a god squad convention there.

sky_blue_up_north

what would be funny if Northampton Rugby moved into the Ricoh.

RPHunt

Ah...you're playing the old "they don't agree with me so they must be a SISU plant/employee" card. Might come as a shock to you but not everyone supports the Council.

No, I just find it difficult to believe that any rational person could spew out so much bile in support of a private investment fund unless they either have a vested interest, lack a moral compass or are bored at school.

CvsF

Doesn't need to be 10 'big name acts' as you call them to make up that shortfall. A few more loony religions along too and they will be rolling in it. You never know Joy herself might go to a god squad convention there.

I'm glad you mentioned the word "loony". Are you ACL or CCC?

bigfatronssba

don't just rely on NFL there are other sports with need of stadiums but don't forget the stadium is only a part of the ricoh complex

London Welsh RFC are looking for a new home....

covmark

We've had quite a lot of the "you must be Timmy, sisu plant" stuff today. Must admit I was beginning to miss it. It's a cracking argument.

CvsF

No, I just find it difficult to believe that any rational person could spew out so much bile in support of a private investment fund unless they either have a vested interest, lack a moral compass or are bored at school.

I don't support a private investment fund. I don't support the ACL joint venture company. I'm not in school. I have morals. I admit I do have a vested interest: Coventry City. You won't find me rubbing my groin over every ACL statement as a lot on here seem to do.

bigfatronssba

You actually want people to lose their jobs at the council for, what it appears, doing their job?

You really are a vile, nasty human being.

The Gentleman

Where are the gigs coming from though mate? In general concerts are limited to the summer months and due to their set up aren't really feasible on a weekly basis.

I don't believe ACL earn that much from concerts as generally the promoter gets that. ACL would have to develop themselves as being able to provide more than just the venue and a few football stewards.

Doesn't need to be on the grass though does it for them to still make money. Haven't we seen the Enemy inside and the specials to name a few and bigger acts like Florence and the Machine. They can have the 'big name acts' (as numb nuts calls them as he is obviously into Bon Jovi to class them as big) in the better weather months. I've seen a few good day and night long gigs at MK Bowl and its a fucking nightmare to get to and out of, if they had a couple there and realised how easy access is would it not snowball ? If as we are told by Sisu that they have lined up AEG to run it, does this not show the potential for the stadium considering how big they are ?

bigfatronssba

I don't support a private investment fund. I don't support the ACL joint venture company. I'm not in school. I have morals. I admit I do have a vested interest: Coventry City. You won't find me rubbing my groin over every ACL statement as a lot on here seem to do.

Ok, so with your vested interest, why was it right for Coventry City to turn down a free rent offer for the Ricoh, and continue in Northampton?

Please try and answer it without letting your blind prejudice of the council get in the way.

CvsF

You actually want people to lose their jobs at the council for, what it appears, doing their job?

You really are a vile, nasty human being.

No, not "people". Politicians. The politicians who have, and always will, put their careers before the people they supposedly serve. Politicians who gave £14M to ACL rather than keep open care homes.

So, you actually want to keep the Ricoh open over care homes for the elderly? You want to see the elderly and infirm thrown out on the street? What a horrible little person you are putting the arena before the welfare of vulnerable people.

bigfatronssba

bigfatronssba

No, not "people". Politicians. The politicians who have, and always will, put their careers before the people they supposedly serve. Politicians who gave £14M to ACL rather than keep open care homes.

So, you actually want to keep the Ricoh open over care homes for the elderly? You want to see the elderly and infirm thrown out on the street? What a horrible little person you are putting the arena before the welfare of vulnerable people.

You clearly have no idea how council budgets work, so its probably pointless in telling you that.

The overwhelming majority of politicians of all persuasions go into politics to serve. Yes there are a few bad eggs, and a lot of incompetence, but I can assure you the 99% of Coventry Councillors do so because they want to do good for the city.

As for bringing care homes into this, the last time I seen two issues as unrelated as that thrown together was when striking Firemen had banners about Palestine.

The money the council lent to the Ricoh was an investment which will see a profit for the council, allowing them to keep care homes open.

The Gentleman

I'm glad you mentioned the word "loony". Are you ACL or CCC?

And are you a fucking moron ? what the fuck has me being ACL or CCC got to do with my posts ? I direct most of my anger towards Sisu/Otium as I see them as the main protagenists in this whole sorry saga because they own us, not ACL/CCC so they are the ones to make or break us as a football club. Do I like councils or ACL, i'd rather pay less council tax for the nice area I live in and I wish ACL would try and get the Foo Fighters to play at the Ricoh but apart from that I'm not fussed. Why are you so fussed though and why do you hate the council so much ?

Users who are viewing this thread