The never ending court story (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

You've got to think at least 5K would go to Nuneaton, and that's probably a low estimate. Would be absolute chaos. Even if the league agreed to it can't see the police signing off on it.

5k is minimum ground capacity for a club that's been in EFL a few seasons and I think at least half of that must be seating.

cc84cov

Wasps can say what they want but with their attendences dropping surely they need us as and the income from the football club ?

When will sisu give up surely they know their not gonna get the Ricoh now if this latest appeal fails its game over surely to god ?

Last edited:

covcity4life

Sisu need to sort another rent deal and back robin's. They have been through enough managers to know robin's is most likely to return us to championship or prem.

Their investors will be paid back immeditley if we ever got to prem. Back robin's for however long he is with us and see what he can do.

One more promotion and I wonder if sisu would start to put money back into club again. Who knows

Would love Ricoh but right now we just need to remain as tenants. If we do climb football league it may be easier to buy it down the road

skyblue025

Sisu need to sort another rent deal and back robin's. They have been through enough managers to know robin's is most likely to return us to championship or prem.

Their investors will be paid back immeditley if we ever got to prem. Back robin's for however long he is with us and see what he can do.

One more promotion and I wonder if sisu would start to put money back into club again. Who knows

Would love Ricoh but right now we just need to remain as tenants. If we do climb football league it may be easier to buy it down the road

Didn't Fishface say the club were unsustainable in the Championship the last time we were there? The Vile had an alleged 70 million playing budget last year and couldn't get up. Unless we fluke a promotion I think the Prem is currently out of reach.

We have to get to the championship first!

covcity4life

Didn't Fishface say the club were unsustainable in the Championship the last time we were there? The Vile had an alleged 70 million playing budget last year and couldn't get up. Unless we fluke a promotion I think the Prem is currently out of reach.

It would be about staying up for sure yes but I think we would all take that right now

But I wonder if sisu would put more in if they felt robin's could do it got us

Also thrtr is always a chance you do a Blackpool I guess

Magwitch

Personally I have

No more out of reach than it was for Huddersfield, Burnley, Brighton etc.

Magwitch

As much as the council have it in for the club surely even they realise its not going to look good on Coventry, as the 2019 European City of Sport, to have the clubs most widely known team kicked out of the city.

The press would have a field day and the city would be ridiculed.
I agree to a degree Wasps will be well aware of local public opinions, personally I think there will be another deal perhaps 12 months again, if I was Wasps I’d just double or treble the rent would probably come out of the football budget but other than kick us out what other options are there

Adge

It would be about staying up for sure yes but I think we would all take that right now

But I wonder if sisu would put more in if they felt robin's could do it got us

Also thrtr is always a chance you do a Blackpool I guess
The Championship is not now the same as when we left it. More like a 2nd Prem.

Magwitch

A Premier 2 possibility is being banded about at the moment, by Leeds I think. Don’t rule it out TV football is changing all the time, whether it would increase TV revenue I don’t know

Magwitch

As much as the council have it in for the club surely even they realise its not going to look good on Coventry, as the 2019 European City of Sport, to have the clubs most widely known team kicked out of the city.

The press would have a field day and the city would be ridiculed.
When you say the Council and I quote “have it in for the club” exactly who on the council do you mean ?

SkyBlueZack

Back to our fans encouraging wasps to put the rent up? Ah well, less money in the playing budget. Which I'm sure they will all moan about.

Magwitch

Don’t think fans are encouraging Wasps to put the rent up but other than cast is adrift what alternatives are there and money doesn’t have to come from the playing budget at all a pound levy per ticket is £230000 a year for every 10000 spectators. Personally I would put season ticket prices up £2 a game they only pay around 12 quid per match

skybluesam66

I think an increase in rent would only work if we got back
Catering revenue
Parking revenue
A pitch that was at an appropriate standard for the whole season
Priority over fixtures in line with EFL rules
Share of the club shop etc/etc

At the moment we dont pay much- but that is for probably 6 hours a time for 30 times a season

Nick

Administrator
Don’t think fans are encouraging Wasps to put the rent up but other than cast is adrift what alternatives are there and money doesn’t have to come from the playing budget at all a pound levy per ticket is £230000 a year for every 10000 spectators. Personally I would put season ticket prices up £2 a game they only pay around 12 quid per match

"they"?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yes they, season ticket holders get a bloody good deal, should pay more imo, talking adults not kids.
given the volatility of our fan base - it’s right the season ticket holders get a good deal. Loyalty should be rewarded.

I say this not as a season ticket holder this season. Season ticket holders part with their money prior to knowing what squad or displays are going to appear

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Personally I have

No more out of reach than it was for Huddersfield, Burnley, Brighton etc.

Wage bills for promotion year (total)
Huddersfield £22m
Burnley £21m
Brighton £40m

Item shown as additional costs in the accounts "Cost of Promotion" (in addition to wages)
Huddersfield £12m
Burnley £8M
Brighton £8m

Losses in promotion year
Huddersfield £17m
Burnley £4m
Brighton £36m

Last edited:

Magwitch

Wage bills for promotion year (total)
Huddersfield £22ms
Burnley £21m
Brighton £40m

Item shown as additional costs in the accounts "Cost of Promotion" (in addition to wages)
Huddersfield £12m
Burnley £8M
Brighton £8m

Losses in promotion year
Huddersfield £17m
Burnley £4m
Brighton £36m
Amazing figures and I assume those who missed out through play off etc had wage similar bills, how do ther do it and stay viable ? Also will our owners want championship football based on finances like those an question for our chairman to answer

stupot07

Won’t come to that if Ricoh owners refuse to negotiate the football club will cease to exist, certainly as EFL members
They won't refuse to negotiate, another short term deal will be agreed as a minimum. If wasps refuse to negotiate, there's no the EFL would throw us out the league, another groundshare agreement will be done. It won't come to that though, we will be at the Ricoh again next season. Wasps can't afford not to have us there, financially or politically.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I don't think Wasps, when it comes to it, will kick CCFC out. They will offer CCFC a one year deal on no better terms than they are now for things like F&B, but they will put the rent up significantly. Wasps have CCFC over a barrel in many senses because there is no real alternative that CCFC has as a lever against it.

Every £1000 extra rent effectively goes straight to their (Wasps) net profit figure (or reducing losses). The way Wasps financials have been the key for them is increasing rent not F&B/footfall.

I do not see a positive outcome to this for CCFC and because of our current financial model then the money actually available for player transactions will be negatively affected. How do CCFC counter that scenario of another but more onerous one year deal? Not sure i can see a way in the current circumstances

I do not think a move to Nuneaton if it were to become available is a viable option for us or the EFL/police etc. Far too many issues that would stand in the way. Maximum crowd would currently be under 5000 and there is very little room to expand and the parking & transport issues make it a no go. Even if it was say 8000 then there is significant lost income and significant costs to factor in. EFL rules as they would apply to CCFC at Nuneaton i think would be 5000 capacity minimum of which 2000 minimum seated

Not a good situation for CCFC and i feel sorry for the likes of Boddy who work so hard to improve things for the fans only to be undermined by the need for some heads to be knocked together higher up.

Last edited:

Magwitch

Do you think our owner wants championship football with its extra costs, gates would bi up but not massively and of course that depends on results. I remember Tim Fishers quote saying we can’t afford championship football.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I dont think our owner really cares one way or another. Whatever division we are in i do not see them putting significant extra money in and i do see them sticking to the self sufficient business model.

Just to make clear i am not at all against being self sufficient, was advocating it long ago, but for the sake of CCFC's long term future people have to accept that leaves CCFC fighting with one arm behind their back against other clubs who are prepared to accept continuing increased debt risk. It is not a level playing field and potentially risks a ceiling to our ambitions. The alternative is a chance of higher but a significant risk of ending up in a far worse position

Magwitch

Could they though be thinking a newly promoted championship club is a better saleable item, or am I in la la land ?

better days

I dont think our owner really cares one way or another. Whatever division we are in i do not see them putting significant extra money in and i do see them sticking to the self sufficient business model.

Just to make clear i am not at all against being self sufficient, was advocating it long ago, but for the sake of CCFC's long term future people have to accept that leaves CCFC fighting with one arm behind their back against other clubs who are prepared to accept continuing increased debt risk. It is not a level playing field and potentially risks a ceiling to our ambitions. The alternative is a chance of higher but a significant risk of ending up in a far worse position
I suspect that the agenda for the owners is to hope that Robins somehow manages to achieve promotion to the Championship then to try to sell the club
Tim Fisher has talked about not selling 'at the bottom of the cycle' which I thought gave a clue to the overall plan

SkyBlueZack

Wasps have ccfc over a barrel. What can ccfc do? Well, the fans could be against an increase in rent? Better to get one over on sisu though. The rent has to remain the same unless we have more access. It's absurd our fans think it acceptable to increase rent when we only use the stadium minimally.

SkyblueBazza

Wasps have ccfc over a barrel. What can ccfc do? Well, the fans could be against an increase in rent? Better to get one over on sisu though. The rent has to remain the same unless we have more access. It's absurd our fans think it acceptable to increase rent when we only use the stadium minimally.
Does it matter to Wasps what their or our fans think? It certainly doesn't matter to SISU unless income falls...by moving to say...Walsall. Maybe they would be hoping some such action would cause Wasps to collapse...& then they still get the Ricoh on the cheap that way, belatedly yes - but that is what they are really after isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

We play more games on the pitch then they do.

Users who are viewing this thread