The never ending court story (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I wouldn't want Wasps to go bust. Be very sad for the true, loyal fans.

Just want to see them bugger off out of Coventry and back to London.
I work with someone who is a life long Wasps fan along with all her family but none of them have seen a game since the move to Cov as they don’t agree with it. Going bust and reforming in London would be preferable to them.

fernandopartridge

I work with someone who is a life long Wasps fan along with all her family but none of them have seen a game since the move to Cov as they don’t agree with it. Going bust and reforming in London would be preferable to them.

The current Wasps is already a reformed club in essence and has only existed since 1996.

Ashdown

The sad thing is that the main winners in the whole matter are the legal teams - they're cashing in! In the interim MR has tried to remind everyone that there is a football team competing.
Yup, totally agree and they will do almost anything to keep this one rolling for as long as their tills are ringing !
I bet if Wasps really did kick us out, Fisher would disappear off into the sunset just as we set up camp on the war memorial park.

Captain Dart

I suspect Wasps will offer a deal for next season conditional on cessation of legal action and they will make that condition public knowledge.
So if CCFC are able to continue with this action or they initiate another action then they could make themselves homeless and be taking a huge risk on winning in court.

The judgement on Friday will be important, if the case is chucked out it is unlikely the claimants will be given leave to appeal to the Supreme Court. Which leaves SISU at the crossroads.

It is really mystifying to figure out what SISU intend for CCFC, if they can't win in court or wear Wasps down what is their strategy? Will they sell soon, will they strip assets, will they hold on till its a better time to sell, will they look for investment partners, will they try to come to terms with Wasps and the Council. The soap opera continues.

Magwitch

I suspect Wasps will offer a deal for next season conditional on cessation of legal action and they will make that condition public knowledge.
So if CCFC are able to continue with this action or they initiate another action then they could make themselves homeless and be taking a huge risk on winning in court.

The judgement on Friday will be important, if the case is chucked out it is unlikely the claimants will be given leave to appeal to the Supreme Court. Which leaves SISU at the crossroads.

It is really mystifying to figure out what SISU intend for CCFC, if they can't win in court or wear Wasps down what is their strategy? Will they sell soon, will they strip assets, will they hold on till its a better time to sell, will they look for investment partners, will they try to come to terms with Wasps and the Council. The soap opera continues.
And remember this verdict we await Friday is only to allow or not a full JR into the sale of the Ricoh to Wasps which would take time to come about and then all the appeals either way to the then verdict all taking things way past next May. I think this Fridays decision could well be the straw that breaks the camels back re. this issue.

shmmeee

And remember this verdict we await Friday is only to allow or not a full JR into the sale of the Ricoh to Wasps which would take time to come about and then all the appeals either way to the then verdict all taking things way past next May. I think this Fridays decision could well be the straw that breaks the camels back re. this issue.

The camels back on this issue has remained pretty strong. I’m imagining the camel in question had an Adamantium skeleton.

itsabuzzard

The camels back on this issue has remained pretty strong. I’m imagining the camel in question had an Adamantium skeleton.
Had to look this one up. Couldn't remember it from my schoolboy encounters with the Periodic Table, and no wonder!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Sisu have lost this appeal as well.
TBA if they can appeal again.

Sky Blue Pete

10:12
Appeal dismissed
The appeal has been dismissed.

Lord Justice McCombe said: “For the reasons given in this judgement I now hand down the appeal in this case is dismissed and the order of Mr Justice Singh of the 20th of July 2017 is upheld.”

Sky Blue Pete

Just a complete farce. We batted people in court statement was literal and they use iron bars cause they sure as hell don’t ever win a legal battle

Captain Dart

Frank Sidebottom

Getting a little lost here, Was that the appeal on the original decision? Or the appeal of the decision of the appeal of the original dicision? Are there any grounds to appeal the decision of the appeal of the decision of the appeal of the original decision or does the appeal of the decision of the appeal of the original decision now stand..... unless SISU appeal that decision?..... or am I reading too much into it?

no_loyalty

Getting a little lost here, Was that the appeal on the original decision? Or the appeal of the decision of the appeal of the original dicision? Are there any grounds to appeal the decision of the appeal of the decision of the appeal of the original decision or does the appeal of the decision of the appeal of the original decision now stand..... unless SISU appeal that decision?..... or am I reading too much into it?

There is bound to be some sort of loophole, where they can re-appeal

fernandopartridge

This was an appeal on the decision to reject the application for a full Judicial Review into the sale of ACL to Wasps.

It's separate from the previous Judicial Review and its appeal.

Captain Dart

This was an appeal on the decision to reject the application for a full Judicial Review into the sale of ACL to Wasps.

I was looking on the courts web site to see if they published the (apparently 20 page) judgement yet, but the newest one is over a week old, so it may be some time b4 it is available.
https://www.judiciary.uk

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Thanks Fernando.
I have followed the court proceedings quite closely but I have to admit I had forgot which appeal level this was for.

Hard to keep motivated on following this , although should do as it's important. We shall see whether SISU lose their motivation.

Captain Dart

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

giphy.gif

Captain Dart

Their fans want to take it over.
..but they are currently arguing amongst themselves and can't form a consortium that is viable.
Meanwhile the clubs monthly wage bill is 25K and its income about 8K. It is looking like they will fold.

SkyblueBazza

..but they are currently arguing amongst themselves and can't form a consortium that is viable.
Meanwhile the clubs monthly wage bill is 25K and its income about 8K. It is looking like they will fold.
Every cloud has a silver lining...nothing to worry about almost every Saturday & many weekday evenings.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread