The never ending court story (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Exactly. I have no idea why people struggle to see this.

It's not as if its uncommon in the business world for companies to work together on a day to day basis while the lawyers and executives are taking each other to court.
Nor is it uncommon to use anything you can as leverage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

You only think that's cobblers if you haven't been following the situation since Fisher was spouting off years ago about a new stadium being plan A.

Since our return we've had Anderson saying he wants to draw a line under everything and start afresh on a long term deal to keep the club at the Ricoh. Talks were held and both Anderson and Wasps said they were progressing well before Wasps abruptly walked away and refused to talk further.

Interestingly after he left us Anderson gave an interview talking about his attempts to takeover a club, could he have been referring to us as he hasn't been involved at any other club? When asked which club it was he said "Which club? I can not say. Not a very big and well-known team. There you can change little. A modest team, for example in League One or League Two in England." Just maybe Wasps pulling the plug on those talks cost us the chance of being rid of SISU.

When Boddy came in he also held talks with Wasps over a multi-year deal and was expecting to announce its successful conclusion prior to Xmas last year only for Wasps to again walk out withdrawing the proposed deal before refusing to talk further until things became critical and they agreed a one year deal.

At the end of the day nobody involved day to day at the club can stop the legals, that's down to the clubs owners and they couldn't care less if we have nowhere to play next season.
Which is the problem. Many CCFC fans appear to be looking for anyone else to blame but SISU. The City Council & Wasps may have fault in this mess...but at the end of the day, it is SISU trying time after time to 'batter people in court', driving a hard & unacceptable bargin & leaving us up shit creek.

Nick

Administrator
Which is the problem. Many CCFC fans appear to be looking for anyone else to blame but SISU. The City Council & Wasps may have fault in this mess...but at the end of the day, it is SISU trying time after time to 'batter people in court', driving a hard & unacceptable bargin & leaving us up shit creek.

Not a single person has said that SISU are not to blame for anything.

Many have said it is only SISU to blame.

The point being made is that if somebody else has fault then why not highlight them also? It isn't saying only blame Wasps or only blame SISU.

It's the reason threads go on for so long.

"SISU are wankers" - Everybody shrugs, agrees and the thread dies out
"Council are wankers" - about 3 random accounts appear and people wont have it which is why it then goes on and on and on

I remember writing a long post saying "what SISU should do" if they HAD to stay and pointing out ways to improve CCFC if they insisted on staying and pointed things out, a few people said "I agree" and that was that.

Colin Steins Smile

Not a single person has said that SISU are not to blame for anything.

Many have said it is only SISU to blame.

The point being made is that if somebody else has fault then why not highlight them also? It isn't saying only blame Wasps or only blame SISU.

It's the reason threads go on for so long.

"SISU are wankers" - Everybody shrugs, agrees and the thread dies out
"Council are wankers" - about 3 random accounts appear and people wont have it which is why it then goes on and on and on

I remember writing a long post saying "what SISU should do" if they HAD to stay and pointing out ways to improve CCFC if they insisted on staying and pointed things out, a few people said "I agree" and that was that.
The bottom line is the breakdown in relationships between the various stakeholders. If SISU had pursued a different strategy a few years ago, then things could have been very different. Their actions have been the biggest factor in attitudes of the other parties. They had the option of purchasing 50% of ACL and decided to go for 100% by undermining the business model.
Since then they have consistently overplayed their hand, which contributes to the club being in a very vulnerable position in terms of having a stadium to play in next season.
Will our owners make a conciliatory action by desisting the legal action to start to mend relationships - probably not.
How many of us would continue to give a tenant of ours a good deal, while they are nothing but a nuisance.

hill83

Not really had a proper look at this thread yet. Anyone fancy doing a "previously on" for me?

ccfcway

Not really had a proper look at this thread yet. Anyone fancy doing a "previously on" for me?

Previously on Judge Rinder.........

the club owners took council to court - lost
the club owners appealed the loss - lost
the club owners took council & wasps to court - lost
the club owners appealed the loss - lost

the club now has the option to take it to diana ross in the supremes court

i may have missed an episode when i was away and didnt sky plus it

Grendel

Really this is a pointless argument.

I would assume that we all want the club to remain here. Wasps are the only preventative factor. The club has well over a century of history.

Wasps need to be pressured by the Trust to grant the club that has the cities name permanent residency. If not then as fans the trust need to discuss strategies going forward to make life uncomfortable for the supporters of wasps.

Protests, Mp briefings, media news items (getting the truth to the likes of David Conn) getting 100,000 signatures to raise the issue in parliament, planned blockades at wasps games next season, marches against wasps in the City centre i am confident are being discussed by the trust.

After all the future is all that matters - not a silly vendetta against Timmy Fisher - and I know the trust are bigger than that.

I’m sure they will be revealing the strategy shortly,

letsallsingtogether

I would assume that we all want the club to remain here. Wasps are the only preventative factor. The club has well over a century of history.

Wasps need to be pressured by the Trust to grant the club that has the cities name permanent residency. If not then as fans the trust need to discuss strategies going forward to make life uncomfortable for the supporters of wasps.

Protests, Mp briefings, media news items (getting the truth to the likes of David Conn) getting 100,000 signatures to raise the issue in parliament, planned blockades at wasps games next season, marches against wasps in the City centre i am confident are being discussed by the trust.

After all the future is all that matters - not a silly vendetta against Timmy Fisher - and I know the trust are bigger than that.

No point in doing anything anymore all the organisers have moved on.
Would have been nice if people like yourself could have attended one of their previous protests instead of snagging off everything they have ever done.
Where were you at the first Wasps game protesting where were you at the council meeting on Wasps owner ship?
Too late now we showed then we didn't care gates are closed.

Rusty Trombone

It's a shame you didn't put yourself forward to be on the Trust board when you were urged to do so, but I'll join you on any protest you organise against Wasps.

Grendel

It's a shame you didn't put yourself forward to be on the Trust board when you were urged to do so, but I'll join you on any protest you organise against Wasps.

Anyone who was anti wasps wouldn’t get anywhere near the “board”

Grendel

Would have been nice if people like yourself could have attended one of their previous protests instead of snagging off everything they have ever done.
Where were you at the first Wasps game protesting where were you at the council meeting on Wasps owner ship?

How is it too late? In the end it’s like Herods baby - you’d rather the club was destroyed if it makes Timmy and Joy look bad

Rusty Trombone

Looks like there were 4 vacancies and only 2 people were nominated, so I can't see how you could have been prevented from being elected.

Although my post was partly in jest, my overriding feeling is that you'd be great on the Board, and with all due respect to the existing members, especially as they are all volunteers and it appears to be a thankless task, it does seem to be a group that could do with some more help. Even from you.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like there were 4 vacancies and only 2 people were nominated, so I can't see how you could have been prevented from being elected.

Although my post was partly in jest, my overriding feeling is that you'd be great on the Board, and with all due respect to the existing members, especially as they are all volunteers and it appears to be a thankless task, it does seem to be a group that could do with some more help. Even from you.

It's more thankless trying to help them. Literally.

No interest in help or feedback. In the past have spent a fair amount of time trying, there was only Steve who really interacted but when he passed things on it seemed to get lost or ignored. (CJ also interacts but that is more of a spokesman type thing now. Didn't want to leave him out).

Rusty Trombone

It's more thankless trying to help them. Literally.
That's a shame. The Trust does seem rather anonymous, but I think that's due in large part to the amount of apathy amongst the fan base, and I very much include myself within that. If people are going to get involved in the Trust they do need to try and get more messages out, remind people they still exist.

letsallsingtogether

That's a shame. The Trust does seem rather anonymous, but I think that's due in large part to the amount of apathy amongst the fan base, and I very much include myself within that. If people are going to get involved in the Trust they do need to try and get more messages out, remind people they still exist.
Tbf they do try and put it out there but from the off people just snagged them off.

Like you said earlier there are places on the board for people to come along and make the changes they feel need doing.
Thing is people dont want to put any time in or put their names out there. It is easier just posting anonymously on a football site saying what a shit job the wasps, council loving Sisu hating cunts do.
On this site alone all you get is "is there a live stream or do you have to be part of the elite" blah blah blah.
Anyway there is a meeting planned with Mark Robbins soon, (date to be confurmed) let's see how many turn up without moaning what night its on or the time or the venue, or whether there is a live stream or not.
Best one is did any one ask this question? Well if it that important to you ask it yourself.
Personally if you can't be arsed to turn up you don't deserve to know.
I feel that way even at work people can't be bothered to turn up for meetings because they are a waste of time! Yet the twats still want to know what went on well if it is a waste of time you don't need to know.

CJ_covblaze

ccfcway

Personally if you can't be arsed to turn up you don't deserve to know

you do understand that many fans don't live near by and would rather prioritise their money on going to games and rely on local fans to relay what happens on these evenings ?

your comment would mean that there would be no news on the tele, as people could be arsed to turn up to events ?

CJ_covblaze

I know laughed at that myself but hey if it makes them happy and helps them show the trust as a bunch of cunts well let them have there fun.

Anyway CJ any wasps tickets going ;)

I can’t help you there but I’m sure someone that has links to their sponsors can.

Nick

Administrator
Tbf they do try and put it out there but from the off people just snagged them off.

Like you said earlier there are places on the board for people to come along and make the changes they feel need doing.
Thing is people dont want to put any time in or put their names out there. It is easier just posting anonymously on a football site saying what a shit job the wasps, council loving Sisu hating cunts do.
On this site alone all you get is "is there a live stream or do you have to be part of the elite" blah blah blah.
Anyway there is a meeting planned with Mark Robbins soon, (date to be confurmed) let's see how many turn up without moaning what night its on or the time or the venue, or whether there is a live stream or not.
Best one is did any one ask this question? Well if it that important to you ask it yourself.
Personally if you can't be arsed to turn up you don't deserve to know.
I feel that way even at work people can't be bothered to turn up for meetings because they are a waste of time! Yet the twats still want to know what went on well if it is a waste of time you don't need to know.

That's probably why things like the leam and bedworth supporters groups will get more interest and traction. Thinking outside the box, none of the "if you don't like it join the board" type awful comebacks.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

letsallsingtogether

That's probably why things like the leam and bedworth supporters groups will get more interest and traction. Thinking outside the box, none of the "if you don't like it join the board" type awful comebacks
Personally don't go to many myself anymore.
Don't make excuses don't ask what went on, just can't be bothered.
That is my opinion by the way. I have never been and never intend being a board member dont tarnish everyome with that bullshit you are really good at.
Tbh that is why I don't come on here as much anymore cant be botheted with the shit that keeps going around and around.
It is getting worse the the old GMK Site and wow that was shit.

letsallsingtogether

you do understand that many fans don't live near by and would rather prioritise their money on going to games and rely on local fans to relay what happens on these evenings ?

your comment would mean that there would be no news on the tele, as people could be arsed to turn up to events ?
Oh yes forgot that one.

Nick

Administrator
Personally don't go to many myself anymore.
Don't make excuses don't ask what went on, just can't be bothered.
That is my opinion by the way. I have never been and never intend being a board member dont tarnish everyome with that bullshit you are really good at.
Tbh that is why I don't come on here as much anymore cant be botheted with the shit that keeps going around and around.
It is getting worse the the old GMK Site and wow that was shit.

What bullshit? Feel free to disprove it.

skybluetony176

Didn’t a current board member (at the time anyway) offer to support your application and numerous members including myself confirmed that they would vote for you? My memory is that it was you who went of the idea at that point. Losing your anonymity clearly put you off. I even made that point to you at the time and your response was that all the board already knew who you were. At which point a couple of board members confirmed that they had absolutely no idea who you were.

SkyblueBazza

Are Wasps the preventative factor?

If you let a room out in your house, you call the shots. If your existing tennant is a pain in the ass & refuses to pay an increase which you consider necessary - you probably tell them to sling their hook!

Unpalatable for us fans but sadly our owners via their tangled web have tarnished CCFC as being said pain in the ass tennants imo.

SkyblueBazza

What so it's all Grendel's fault?

For all the protests that have been held across the world. My guess is only a tiny % achieve anything beyond getting the roads closed off. Hedge Funds such as SISU are rarely going to gain a sympathetic ear anywhere...they are NOT CCFC - but CCFC carries their weight around it's neck.

letsallsingtogether

Yes it is all G fault.
He makes out he has all the answers but doesn't share.;)

As for the protests yes your right hardly ever make a difference but it does get or voice out there.

Nick

Administrator
Yes it is all G fault.
He makes out he has all the answers but doesn't share.;)

As for the protests yes your right hardly ever make a difference but it does get or voice out there.

The Trust don't want answers / feedback, as I have already pointed out.

It's why the generic response is always "You should be on the board". I wasn't on the board when I spent a couple of evenings trying to help and strangely didn't get so much as a thanks or a reply to emails about it (again, apart from Steve but once it went past him or to other people it was like radio silence).

Granted, I wasn't saving the world by sparing 5 or 6 hours. Never expect to be worshipped for it and didn't even want any credit for it, but a bit of basic acknowledgement wouldn't go a miss. Just didn't hear a thing about it again or get a reply.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It's why the generic response is always "You should be on the board". I wasn't on the board when I spent a couple of evenings trying to help and strangely didn't get so much as a thanks or a reply to emails about it (again, apart from Steve but once it went past him or to other people it was like radio silence).

Granted, I wasn't saving the world by sparing 5 or 6 hours. Never expect to be worshipped for it and didn't even want any credit for it, but a bit of basic acknowledgement wouldn't go a miss. Just didn't hear a thing about it again or get a reply.
Thank you

hill83

Sounds like you want a picture of yourself looking sad in the paper.

Nick

Administrator
Sounds like you want a picture of yourself looking sad in the paper.

I've got the trust logo printed out ready to point at in the picture.

Just need to find a rascal jumper with padded elbows for the "arms crossed" picture.

Users who are viewing this thread