The latest development ..advice ? (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Rather than conjecture, is there any one on here qualified to comment on the present position ? We can guess, assume, but it really needs someone who has a professional understanding.

RFC

Think you may have to ?????? Just wait and see, no easy answers and NO WINNERS in the current situation (LEAST OF ALL THE HEART OF THE CLUB, THE FANS) IMHO

dadgad

Think you may have to ?????? Just wait and see, no easy answers and NO WINNERS in the current situation (LEAST OF ALL THE HEART OF THE CLUB, THE FANS) IMHO

Correct, we are seeing the death of the club unless the FL intercede. Not hopeful, :-(

RFC

Correct, we are seeing the death of the club unless the FL intercede. Not hopeful, :-(

The death of the Club will come as a result from those who don't support it IMHO!

The owners are irrelevant (as history would prove), the 'GOOD THE BAD & THE UGLY') but as a supporter for many more years than I care to remember, WE ARE UNABLE & DON'T GET TO CHOOSE THE OWNERS.

Just talk to any Manchester Utd, Liverpool or Blackburn fan (along with dozens of others).

It's called 'Financial Fair Play' we need to be united in supporting the Manager & Team, otherwise we won't exist in 3, 4 or 5 years time.

Why are these protests NOT BEING AIMED AT COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL, ACL & THE ALAN HIGG's TRUST?
All are playing their part so why aren't they being asked more questions??????????

NOTHING ADD'S UP but far more questions need to be asked of ALL those involved.

Chipfat

ACL,Council and trust have not run up 60 million pounds worth of debt or warning to get the club out of the city.... They also don't control the Club that has gone backwards under the current owners, that is why nothing is really aimed at them, they have a part in it but are far from blame in the mismanagement the club have suffered. I for one don't want Sisu here, i also don't want council involvement in the future of the club, but at the minute they could be the only hope we have of not losing the club for good....

I still find it hard to see one positive past or present that Sisu have brought us since being in control...And for all those who use they saved us they may have done,but doesn't give them the right to be forgiven for running the club so poorly we are now in serious trouble..

Sky Blue Pete

The death of the Club will come as a result from those who don't support it IMHO!

The owners are irrelevant (as history would prove), the 'GOOD THE BAD & THE UGLY') but as a supporter for many more years than I care to remember, WE ARE UNABLE & DON'T GET TO CHOOSE THE OWNERS.

Just talk to any Manchester Utd, Liverpool or Blackburn fan (along with dozens of others).

It's called 'Financial Fair Play' we need to be united in supporting the Manager & Team, otherwise we won't exist in 3, 4 or 5 years time.

Why are these protests NOT BEING AIMED AT COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL, ACL & THE ALAN HIGG's TRUST?
All are playing their part so why aren't they being asked more questions??????????

You are a lone voice. Sisu have been shocking and are using our club for something that no one understands. Ccc acl Higgs will deal with people they can trust and they cannot trust these clowns and neither can most of us

Gary.j

Im pretty sure we all support the club, we just have different opinions on how best to do it. I only see slow painful death with sisu.

We may not have choosen the owners, but we can choose who DOESN'T own it.

I'd rather burn it down and rebuild it exactly how we want it. It may take time, it may not be as big, but it would be ours, and it would ensure we never get into a situation like this again.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Im pretty sure we all support the club, we just have different opinions on how best to do it. I only see slow painful death with sisu.

We may not have choosen the owners, but we can choose who DOESN'T own it.

I'd rather burn it down and rebuild it exactly how we want it. It may take time, it may not be as big, but it would be ours, and it would ensure we never get into a situation like this again.
I don't want to burn it down I want to burn them out

SonOfSnoz

Coventry Council & Higgs should never have got involved! Should never have sold Highfield Rd.
Robinson/Richardson & Mcginnity have blood on their hands! Ranson, Fletcher are not blameless either!

Grendel

You are a lone voice. Sisu have been shocking and are using our club for something that no one understands. Ccc acl Higgs will deal with people they can trust and they cannot trust these clowns and neither can most of us

He is not a lone voice - not by a long chalk.

georgehudson

thus, under the tenure of our current owners, we have plummeted to unknown depths,
it's all about money for them & nowt for us all,
grow some 'football authorities',
& give us our club back

psgm1

Banned
I'm not entirely convinced with the Man Utd analogy tbh. Sure they have put debt in the club, but they have also allowed fergie to bring in real quality. They have Rooney, we got ROD! Had sisu at least tried to boost the club, or at the very least said it would be a long hard slog, then perhaps they could have been allowed some slack. But they came in, said the debts were gone (which was patently untrue), and di bring in half decent players under Ranson, but they seemed to have either paniced, or simply changed tactics about 2 years in. So they started selling the likes of Dann and Fox & Gunner or allowed westwoods contract to expire.

These actions weren't just bad luck, they were conscious decisions based on a complete failure to understand that in football you cannot just promote from the youth team and expect stellar performances!

Now if they had done it once that is just bad luck or timing, but they made poor transfer decisions time after time. Now TF stated they were planning a move away for months, so they had no intention of going to meetings in good faith, so all these and the forums were insincere attempts to get the fans onboard.

As for supporting the team, people always seem to be mistaking supporting the team for supporting the owners - they are 2 very distinct entities! The owners are acting like bullies, and there are few things lower than a bully in my mind.

Like it or not when you buy a ticket you at tis moment in time aren't supporting the team, you are extending the tenure of sisu at the club! Sure in the short term not watching the team may well hurt, but the club is extremely sick, and sometimes the medicine required is unpleasant! If you can guarantee that if I bought tickets for every game, that sisu would go, then fair enough I woukld consider it, but they aren't and everyone knows it!

I show solidarity with the club, I have absolutely none for sisu - they have broken the implicit pact between fans and owners. That is utterly unforgivable. I have no doubt that some will go regardless, and do not care who the owner is. But surely every fan wants owners who want success and are prepared to do what is required to achieve this don't they?

Even one of the braindead twins said it would support any action that got sisu out -and no one gives a damn about that pair !

If the FL won't do anything, and the administrator has let us down, then their is only one group that can do it - and it ain't the clique!

Ultimately you have to go by your conscience. I just wish I could ignore the utter debastation these owners have brought on the club, but I just cannot do it!

I will not support bullies - ever!

blend

Now is the time to get SISU out. The jury is still out on the other parties you mention, not worth bothering with now though surely? SISU are running the club into the ground, let's unite and focus all our attention on them. Later on - when a favourable deal needs to be struck with ACL we can focus on them. It is not timely to suggest they are the current enemy. Sure they've played a part but give them a chance once SISU have gone.

Grendel

Like it or not when you buy a ticket you at tis moment in time aren't supporting the team]

Deleted all the tripe just to highlight this complete crap. Thousands have one concern - to buy tickets and support the team. To try and make them part of the problem than the only solution is despicable even by your standards.

psgm1

Banned
This is priceless Craig...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by letsallsingtogether

To be fair Steve why explain anything to him and his cronies they are not members constantly mock and insult Trust members then want to know every thing feck um!!!!!

This from someone who has gone out of their way to say they are not members!

If the clique is so good why isn't it a member?

They seem to rant and ravew that I haven't answeres questions that I have, then you get this incoherent BS from one of their major trolls - who remember isn't a member!

How big a moron do you have to be to spend so much time defending this rabid loonies, who even supporter's direct say is out of order btw yet says it isn't a member because it cannot spare the time!

Well perhaps instead of wasting its income support benefits on feable attacks against those who show up the clique for what they are, he could waste that time in the clique - or has it been banned for being an utter twat?

Despite their attempts to sabotage this forum and make everything about the clique (less than 10% of fans are members so they are in reality a tiny minority of the fans - based on the fact that it is quite possible to fill te stadia with 32k if the product is appetising), more and more people have become utterly disillusioned.

And yes sure, Steve (I hate what you are doing, but why not join the clique) B doesn't have to answer mine or any other questions, except for the fact he had a go at me for not doing so, so is utterly hypocritical if he then does the same!

But consistency, integrity, competence aren't in the dictionary of these guys. Which is why so many more protests against these fuckwits are showing up day by day!

To fail once (SOC campaign) shame on them, fsail twice (SBT appears to be falling apart) shame on you!

Grendel

This is priceless Craig...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by letsallsingtogether

To be fair Steve why explain anything to him and his cronies they are not members constantly mock and insult Trust members then want to know every thing feck um!!!!!

This from someone who has gone out of their way to say they are not members!

If the clique is so good why isn't it a member?

They seem to rant and ravew that I haven't answeres questions that I have, then you get this incoherent BS from one of their major trolls - who remember isn't a member!

How big a moron do you have to be to spend so much time defending this rabid loonies, who even supporter's direct say is out of order btw yet says it isn't a member because it cannot spare the time!

Well perhaps instead of wasting its income support benefits on feable attacks against those who show up the clique for what they are, he could waste that time in the clique - or has it been banned for being an utter twat?

Despite their attempts to sabotage this forum and make everything about the clique (less than 10% of fans are members so they are in reality a tiny minority of the fans - based on the fact that it is quite possible to fill te stadia with 32k if the product is appetising), more and more people have become utterly disillusioned.

And yes sure, Steve (I hate what you are doing, but why not join the clique) B doesn't have to answer mine or any other questions, except for the fact he had a go at me for not doing so, so is utterly hypocritical if he then does the same!

But consistency, integrity, competence aren't in the dictionary of these guys. Which is why so many more protests against these feckwits are showing up day by day!

To fail once (SOC campaign) shame on them, fsail twice (SBT appears to be falling apart) shame on you!

Shouldn't you be back in your padded cell at this time of night?

Gary.j

I'm not entirely convinced with the Man Utd analogy tbh. Sure they have put debt in the club, but they have also allowed fergie to bring in real quality. They have Rooney, we got ROD! Had sisu at least tried to boost the club, or at the very least said it would be a long hard slog, then perhaps they could have been allowed some slack. But they came in, said the debts were gone (which was patently untrue), and di bring in half decent players under Ranson, but they seemed to have either paniced, or simply changed tactics about 2 years in. So they started selling the likes of Dann and Fox & Gunner or allowed westwoods contract to expire.

These actions weren't just bad luck, they were conscious decisions based on a complete failure to understand that in football you cannot just promote from the youth team and expect stellar performances!

Now if they had done it once that is just bad luck or timing, but they made poor transfer decisions time after time. Now TF stated they were planning a move away for months, so they had no intention of going to meetings in good faith, so all these and the forums were insincere attempts to get the fans onboard.

As for supporting the team, people always seem to be mistaking supporting the team for supporting the owners - they are 2 very distinct entities! The owners are acting like bullies, and there are few things lower than a bully in my mind.

Like it or not when you buy a ticket you at tis moment in time aren't supporting the team, you are extending the tenure of sisu at the club! Sure in the short term not watching the team may well hurt, but the club is extremely sick, and sometimes the medicine required is unpleasant! If you can guarantee that if I bought tickets for every game, that sisu would go, then fair enough I woukld consider it, but they aren't and everyone knows it!

I show solidarity with the club, I have absolutely none for sisu - they have broken the implicit pact between fans and owners. That is utterly unforgivable. I have no doubt that some will go regardless, and do not care who the owner is. But surely every fan wants owners who want success and are prepared to do what is required to achieve this don't they?

Even one of the braindead twins said it would support any action that got sisu out -and no one gives a damn about that pair !

If the FL won't do anything, and the administrator has let us down, then their is only one group that can do it - and it ain't the clique!

Ultimately you have to go by your conscience. I just wish I could ignore the utter debastation these owners have brought on the club, but I just cannot do it!

Apart from the personal stuff, an excellent post!

Paxman II

psgm1: One thing for sure, you wear your heart on your sleeve. Most of what you ever go on to say though is incoherent heavily slanted personal diatribe without a good understanding of many situations I'm afraid. First caps now bold...what's that all about? can't you express yourself with a few well chosen words?
Difficult to keep up with your view anyway as your post are so long winded!

mattylad

I'm not entirely convinced with the Man Utd analogy tbh. Sure they have put debt in the club, but they have also allowed fergie to bring in real quality. They have Rooney, we got ROD! Had sisu at least tried to boost the club, or at the very least said it would be a long hard slog, then perhaps they could have been allowed some slack. But they came in, said the debts were gone (which was patently untrue), and di bring in half decent players under Ranson, but they seemed to have either paniced, or simply changed tactics aboutRyan noble just the player we need but doubt he will want to drop this low 2 years in. So they started selling the likes of Dann and Fox & Gunner or allowed westwoods contract to expire.

You are right that putting money into the club will just prolong the agony. SISU are bullies, the strong will stand up to them and the weak will continue to hand over there dinner money.

covmark

You are right that putting money into the club will just prolong the agony. SISU are bullies, the strong will stand up to them and the weak will continue to hand over there dinner money.

Get over yourself you jumped up tosspot

lordsummerisle

A fair comment perhaps, look where she is now.

Wonder how many of the most vocal against her, with some pretty disgusting mysogyny, during the King fiasco are now most vocal against Sisu?

Think that most thought she could just fuck off and wasn't a true supporter for not wanting to go whilst King was here for taking a moral standpoint.

Now of course NOPM seems to be the "moral" standpoint for many.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wonder how many of the most vocal against her, with some pretty disgusting mysogyny, during the King fiasco are now most vocal against Sisu?

Think that most thought she could just feck off and wasn't a true supporter for not wanting to go whilst King was here for taking a moral standpoint.

Now of course NOPM seems to be the "moral" standpoint for many.

Yes, the supporters and SISU working together to secure relegations for years to come. It's quite an endearing enterprise.

NorthernWisdom

His point is fair though, if those quick to condemn, ridicule and laugh at one person's moral standpoint of not giving the club NOPM, and condemning her as the kind of fan we didn't want anyway and suggesting she fucked right off... are now some of the ones working in reverse.

I'm sure they're not, of course.

Brighton Sky Blue

His point is fair though, if those quick to condemn, ridicule and laugh at one person's moral standpoint of not giving the club NOPM, and condemning her as the kind of fan we didn't want anyway and suggesting she fecked right off... are now some of the ones working in reverse.

I'm sure they're not, of course.

At least the fans and SISU are now united in one objective.

wingy

Think that most thought she could just fuck off and wasn't a true supporter for not wanting to go whilst King was here for taking a moral standpoint.

Now of course NOPM seems to be the "moral" standpoint for many.[/QUOT

That's a huge generalisation Lord ,one you couldn't possibly prove ,but lets get it out there.

ajsccfc

the strong will stand up to them and the weak will continue to hand over there dinner money.

The weak will try to lay a guilt trip on fans who don't do what they want, the strong will understand that their chosen way isn't automatically the 'right' way as there's no guarantees on either side.

covcity4life

The weak will try to lay a guilt trip on fans who don't do what they want, the strong will understand that their chosen way isn't automatically the 'right' way as there's no guarantees on either side.

my way or the highway

go to games at ricohhhhhhhhhhhh

Grendel

Just love posts like this. If I use divisive rhetoric like this I have the usual suspects crawling all over me expressing moral outrage.

This though I am sure is OK. It actually proves my point as the said usual suspects who do not attend matches can now smugly sit at home saying they are the real fans while those who choose to attend are weak - or Tim Fishers sheep.

Wrong on both counts - they are supporters - the vast silent majority who if at the Ricoh will attend anyway and fortunately there will still be a lot more of them than you.

I am sure (and I am really sure if I am wrong he will correct me) that in one of his inane rantings the other day the Holy Man even said that he will still go if at the Ricoh.

Sit at home and feel good about yourself then, why not buy a badge stating "I am a real supporter I am strong" - you psgm1 and Sky Blue Kid can all wear one - my what good company you are in.

mattylad

Just love posts like this. If I use divisive rhetoric like this I have the usual suspects crawling all over me expressing moral outrage.

This though I am sure is OK. It actually proves my point as the said usual suspects who do not attend matches can now smugly sit at home saying they are the real fans while those who choose to attend are weak - or Tim Fishers sheep.

Wrong on both counts - they are supporters - the vast silent majority who if at the Ricoh will attend anyway and fortunately there will still be a lot more of them than you.

I am sure (and I am really sure if I am wrong he will correct me) that in one of his inane rantings the other day the Holy Man even said that he will still go if at the Ricoh.

Sit at home and feel good about yourself then, why not buy a badge stating "I am a real supporter I am strong" - you psgm1 and Sky Blue Kid can all wear one - my what good company you are in.
Ah another oppressive post by you, I will express my opinion and thoughts on an open forum as I see fit. The fact you feel the need to beat down on those who disagree with you says everything about how weak your position is. I know large numbers of people who have not missed a game in years who are saying not one penny more if SISU take us outside Coventry, are these the smug sit at homes you talk about!

RoboCCFC90

Genuinely the most stupid comment I have ever seen..

lordsummerisle

Now of course NOPM seems to be the "moral" standpoint for many.[/QUOT

That's a huge generalisation Lord ,one you couldn't possibly prove ,but lets get it out there.

Here's one from before on GMK(shame that the CET site doesn't still have the old threads on).

Some of the most vocal anti-Sisu(and proponents of the NOPM campaign) can be seen on this one berating her, sure there were many more from memory.

Think that Ron_ Burgundy may have been one of Ginetta's, obviously AsbyJan and VOR still the same.

http://www.gmkonline.com/?page=forum&forum_id=6&thread_id=14968

Users who are viewing this thread