The last offer put on the table to CCFC (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

If my income was not enough to pay the rent I would first ask the landlord whether he could reduce it in line with similar properties. If he didn't I would move out .

If he said he would be reducing it but never actually got round to doing it I would pay what I could which would mean I would owe money. At some point he would take me to court.

Brighton Sky Blue

If my income was not enough to pay the rent I would first ask the landlord whether he could reduce it in line with similar properties. If he didn't I would move out .

If he said he would be reducing it but never actually got round to doing it I would pay what I could which would mean I would owe money. At some point he would take me to court.

The salient point is that no serious attempt was made by SISU to get the rent reduced prior to the boycott. A bigger point, which keeps escaping attention, is that ACL offered a rent which was acceptable to Fisher-so why are we still talking about it?

chiefdave

The escrow money wasn't put there by the club though-although we did have a legal obligation to keep it topped up. It was put there from a grant which wasn't given to the club to avoid it going straight into paying off debt.

that's irrelevant tho, if the rent owed was £1.2m and ACL have taken 500K from any source against that then surely only £0.7m is owing. If they take the 500K and then get another £1.2m they've had £1.7m overall.

To use the favoured house analogy if my mortgage is £500 a month and one month I can't pay it so my parents cover it for me would the bank take that money and then say I still owed £500?

Delboycov

But would you stay silent on the issue for years and carry on paying...not speak to your landlord about reducing it and be seemingly happy to pay it-until your financial situation changes through your own stupidity when you get sacked for being shite at your job? At which point would you just refuse to pay anything and harp on about how unfairly you've been treated? Such a crap analogy!!!

lordsummerisle

that's irrelevant tho, if the rent owed was £1.2m and ACL have taken 500K from any source against that then surely only £0.7m is owing. If they take the 500K and then get another £1.2m they've had £1.7m overall.

To use the favoured house analogy if my mortgage is £500 a month and one month I can't pay it so my parents cover it for me would the bank take that money and then say I still owed £500?

BSB seems to think that the escrow money is just floating about in the ether somewhere, not real money, but just a concept of money, like some sort of surrealist art installation at The R & A.

Brighton Sky Blue

BSB seems to think that the escrow money is just floating about in the ether somewhere, not real money, but just a concept of money, like some sort of surrealist art installation at The R & A.

The thing is though that deposits like the escrow are placed there as security if a tenant defaults-that doesn't mean it can just be used as payment when the tenant sees fit. If the security is gone then the landlord isn't protected against future defaults, so it still needs to be kept topped up.

lordsummerisle

The thing is though that deposits like the escrow are placed there as security if a tenant defaults-that doesn't mean it can just be used as payment when the tenant sees fit. If the security is gone then the landlord isn't protected against future defaults, so it still needs to be kept topped up.

But it has been used as security if a tenant defaults!

lordsummerisle

And needs to be topped up by said tenant-because they have an obligation to keep it full.

Not if in dispute about the amount which is owed in the first place, keep topping it up to £500,000, ACL take it, top it up again, ACL take it.

Do you think that ACL would have made whichever concessions they have done if they hadn't had to?

The facts are that ACL have taken the money as rent arrears, escrow being topped up or not is irrelevant to that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not if in dispute about the amount which is owed in the first place, keep topping it up to £500,000, ACL take it, top it up again, ACL take it.

Do you think that ACL would have made whichever concessions they have done if they hadn't had to?

The facts are that ACL have taken the money as rent arrears, escrow being topped up or not is irrelevant to that.

Um, no. The club has to keep the escrow filled at £520k, it's as simple as that. I suppose a more accurate way of writing ACL's offer is:

Rent arrears reduced from £800k to £480k, escrow re-fill reduced from £520k to £200k. Still a hefty reduction.

Users who are viewing this thread