The last offer put on the table to CCFC (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

With thanks to Jan and the SBT:

http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index.php?start=4

In summary:

1. Rent of £400k.

2. Rent arrears to be reduced from £1.3m to £485k.

3. Escrow to be reduced from £520k to £200k.

4. ACL happy for the F+B turnover (£1.1m in 2011/12), to be used by the club in FFP calculations.

5. Since the boycott started, the club lost income from its 900 parking spaces at the Ricoh, and bought the rights to another 300. If it paid back the arrears it would get the 900 back.

Make of it what you will.

D

Deleted member 4439

Seems a good first base to me. I had been on the fence on SISU until the events of the last week. No more.

stupot07

Personally I would like us to have sole access to the football stadia all year round, and that we sub let to concerts, conversions, events that happen in the football stadia and also benefiting from F&Bs.

Brighton Sky Blue

No doubt they will reject this.

Well they did reject it. What ACL go on to say is that the terms offered were the absolute best they could manage which meant there was no more room for negotiation thereafter-the club turned it down which led us to the current scenario. It's surprising that the club's lawyers advised it against publishing their own answers-surely it would be in their interests to do so and justify their position?

Brighton Sky Blue

Personally I would like us to have sole access to the football stadia all year round, and that we sub let to concerts, conversions, events that happen in the football stadia and also benefiting from F&Bs.

But we don't own the ground Stu so we have no right to make that decision.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm just saying that what I would like for us to lease the whole of the stadium part, not just for 90 mins 23-26 times a year.

Not sure how such an agreement would work. Without the club's answers to the Trust's questions though who knows what was going through their minds to take this course of action over just accepting what was on the table.

Ashdown1

If that truly was the last offer and SISU still rejected it then its indefensible, it will just prove that all along they wanted the whole shebang to make profit on for their mysterious investors. It appears to me they didn't really want to accept any deal on rent because they wanted to pay nothing............for the last 6 months this has all been part of their exit strategy and their main goal was to shift the blame for their ridiculous handling and destruction of the club and leave it local in Coventry. Hedge fund operations are generally despicable, this one is no different !

Kneeza

This is an extremely generous offer - particularly with regard to the reduction in the rent arrears. I really didn't think they would reduce that sum so well done to ACL for trying to help the tenants of their property. I'm not sure if I'd be so magnanimous if my tenants at my Keresley house did the same to me.
And after all this, ACL still seem to be willing to allow them to use the stadium. Extraordinary!
Time to wake up and smell the coffee, SISU. Your duplicity and sheer arrogance has run its course with the fans and your landlords.

Grendel

This is an extremely generous offer - particularly with regard to the reduction in the rent arrears. I really didn't think they would reduce that sum so well done to ACL for trying to help the tenants of their property. I'm not sure if I'd be so magnanimous if my tenants at my Keresley house did the same to me.
And after all this, ACL still seem to be willing to allow them to use the stadium. Extraordinary!
Time to wake up and smell the coffee, SISU. Your duplicity and sheer arrogance has run its course with the fans and your landlords.

If your tenants in your house discovered they had been paying a rent more relevant to a property in Kensington for 8 years I think they would be suing you.

Brighton Sky Blue

If your tenants in your house discovered they had been paying a rent more relevant to a property in Kensington for 8 years I think they would be suing you.

If the tenants had signed up to such a figure and refused to allow the figure to vary with job status or earnings, then just decided to stop paying rent altogether?

sky blue john

When you going to realise that the rent is a side show and this is the only option of sisu's of trying to get the stadium for nothing !!!!

stupot07

Not sure how such an agreement would work. Without the club's answers to the Trust's questions though who knows what was going through their minds to take this course of action over just accepting what was on the table.

And that is exactly why I'm continuing to sit on the fence at the moment. I want to see all the answers before making my mind up.

stupot07

Your tenants would also be annoyed if they knew you were letting their house out to other tenants when they're away on holiday.

Brighton Sky Blue

And that is exactly why I'm continuing to sit on the fence at the moment. I want to see all the answers before making my mind up.

Which is fair enough-but personally, if I were on the City board, I would want the record set straight immediately if ACL's statements were in any way inaccurate.

Delboycov

If I was a tenant I'd like to think I would've done a bit of research before signing any agreement 1st...otherwise I wouldn't have anyone to blame but myself.

torchomatic

Well, great if you think what the rental figure was before, but still an horrendous about to pay for our club our size with our gates and thereby lies the problem.

So, very generous? Yes and no.

Very generous.

chiefdave

2. Rent arrears to be reduced from £1.3m to £485k.

Given the money they've taken out of escrow and the match day costs shouldn't it be around £485K anyway or are they saying we owe £1.3 on top of that, in which case it must be nearly 2 years since we stopped paying rent.

stupot07

And if your tenants could afford the rent on your 3 bed detached and frankly no needed that many bedrooms they would move somewhere smaller and more affordable.

Brighton Sky Blue

Given the money they've taken out of escrow and the match day costs shouldn't it be around £485K anyway or are they saying we owe £1.3 on top of that, in which case it must be nearly 2 years since we stopped paying rent.

The escrow money wasn't put there by the club though-although we did have a legal obligation to keep it topped up. It was put there from a grant which wasn't given to the club to avoid it going straight into paying off debt.

stupot07

The escrow money wasn't put there by the club though-although we did have a legal obligation to keep it topped up. It was put there from a grant which wasn't given to the club to avoid it going straight into paying off debt.
Have you got a link to this info?

Users who are viewing this thread