The holiday 2023 thread (3 Viewers)

Any recommendations for Costa del sol? First time going to that region of Spain, so not really a clue where's best.
Riu Costa del sol in Torremolinos is awesome if you're looking for all inclusive. Torremolinos is the place to be if you bat for the other team

rob9872

Any recommendations for Costa del sol? First time going to that region of Spain, so not really a clue where's best.
La Cala da Mijas

Past all the tired tourist areas like Torremelinos, Fuengirola, but not stuck with ponces who think they're better than you in Marbella or Puerto Banus. Nice middle of the road, good restaurants, not too expensive and relaxing. Nice clean beaches too.

Marty

La Cala da Mijas

Past all the tired tourist areas like Torremelinos, Fuengirola, but not stuck with ponces who think they're better than you in Marbella or Puerto Banus. Nice middle of the road, good restaurants, not too expensive and relaxing. Nice clean beaches too.

Sounds right up my street that. Thanks for the recommendation.

Riu Costa del sol in Torremolinos is awesome if you're looking for all inclusive. Torremolinos is the place to be if you bat for the other team

That hotel looks lovely, thanks for the recommendation.

Skyblue in Baku

A sign of old age I reckon, and something I’ve never done before, but I’m going back to two of the same places I did last year.

Frankfurt in May with a couple of mates just because we had such a good crack last year and the flights are perfectly timed and cheap in and out of Brum.

Then a week at a stunning all inclusive place in Turkey with the Missus. Always been one for getting out and about and seeing and doing things but last year this place just hit the spot.
What's the name of the Turkish hotel?

Bertola

We're thinking a city break in Europe (Original plan was NY as thats where we got engaged, but probably too far just in case we needed to rush back for the kids). Wouldn't be opposed to somewhere with a little bit of sun though

Ended up booking a trip to Budapest for this. Been a city I've always wanted to go to. Looking forward to it

fernandopartridge

Anyone recommend anywhere all inclusive for me wide and 2 year old?
Stayed at a place called the Seabank in Malta last year, really enjoyed it and it had great pools etc. All inclusive food was excellent.

The year before was another decent place in Albufeira, Portugal called Eden where again the food was great, easy enough to walk into Albufeira as well and access to all the good beaches along that stretch. My daughter was 2 when we went there and she loved it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Stayed at a place called the Seabank in Malta last year, really enjoyed it and it had great pools etc. All inclusive food was excellent.

The year before was another decent place in Albufeira, Portugal called Eden where again the food was great, easy enough to walk into Albufeira as well and access to all the good beaches along that stretch. My daughter was 2 when we went there and she loved it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Thank you mate. I will Google both of them

My budget is around 2500 max for all of us. Spent too much on Rhodes island last year and I don't think it was worth it as can't relax on holidays since had a kid anyway lol

Saddlebrains

Just had a weekend away with the Mrs and the in laws in Lyme Regis, stayed at the Rockpoint inn a St Austells brewery pub on the front.
Got two nights for the price of one.
Well recommended and views and pubs to die for.

Go there most years as i was born there. Beautiful town, my favourite place in the UK.

So much so that when i croak it I've asked for half of me to be scattered there. Other half in the CBS Memorial garden of course.

Terrible pint in rockpoint though, flatter than an England game

It’sabatch87

Go there most years as i was born there. Beautiful town, my favourite place in the UK.

So much so that when i croak it I've asked for half of me to be scattered there. Other half in the CBS Memorial garden of course.

Terrible pint in rockpoint though, flatter than an England game
I was on the Moretti lager in there it was fine, fantastic brekkie too.

CJ_covblaze

Anyone recommend anywhere all inclusive for me wide and 2 year old?
We stayed at Paradise Island in Lanzarote last year. Got plenty to do for the kids including a big water park on site that’s free to use if you’re staying there. Almost as important the flumes are great for the mums and dads too. My two lads were 18 months and 10 at the time and they both loved it. Food was good with plenty of choice.

JAM See

Anybody been to Kerala?

Currently in Delhi, but looking to head south for a few days.

Goa or Kerala?

LastGarrison

Anybody been to Kerala?

Currently in Delhi, but looking to head south for a few days.

Goa or Kerala?
Been to both and depends on what you want to do.

The backwaters of Kerala are beautiful and going out on boat trip for a few days is absolutely stunning and Kochi is a cool little town and there is a beach etc.

Goa (and it’s a big old place) is obviously a bit more touristy with loads of beach bars and hotels and certain bits are definitely lively and you can involve yourself in a number of substances if that is your thing!

wingy

Been to both and depends on what you want to do.

The backwaters of Kerala are beautiful and going out on boat trip for a few days is absolutely stunning and Kochi is a cool little town and there is a beach etc.

Goa (and it’s a big old place) is obviously a bit more touristy with loads of beach bars and hotels and certain bits are definitely lively and you can involve yourself in a number of substances if that is your thing!
Hippie highlights!!
Live in a shack by the sea own a Royal Enfield

North York’s Blue

Going to Madrid at the end of May, got a mate who has recently been posted out there. Will be back and forth to Germany over the summer depending on how well England do. Will hopefully go somewhere else later in the year, looking at Cape Town in Sep or Iceland in Oct (England trip).

Users who are viewing this thread