The "Highlights" (2 Viewers)

Otis

It may be a little over the top, but Dele Adebola described him as a great little player yesterday.

Skybluefaz

I think Chaplin has to be played in a two. Playing up front on his own against a defence filled with units did him no favours. I think Robins referenced that in his post match interview and I expect Baka or JCH to come in next week.

Otis

Chaplin has missed so many absolute sitters now though. He should have at least two more goals and that's being kind
I agree. Far too many chances. That can be down to him snatching at chances though through a lack of confidence.

So many City players are missing great chances. Hiwula has missed a number of sitters and so too has JCH. It's not just Chaplin.

I get just as frustrated when Chaplin misses as I do when JCH and Hiwula miss them.

Lord_Nampil

I agree. Far too many chances. That can be down to him snatching at chances though through a lack of confidence.

So many City players are missing great chances. Hiwula has missed a number of sitters and so too has JCH. It's not just Chaplin.

I get just as frustrated when Chaplin misses as I do when JCH and Hiwula do.

Hiwula has hit the target with his efforts but none of them have been hit with conviction!! JCH should have scored yesterday his chance was easier than chaplins and he didn’t hit the target either!! It’s the whole forward line that isn’t scoring not just 1 player!!!

Skybluefaz

Hiwula has hit the target with his efforts but none of them have been hit with conviction!! JCH should have scored yesterday his chance was easier than chaplins and he didn’t hit the target either!! It’s the whole forward line that isn’t scoring not just 1 player!!!
Yeah, without a doubt now if Ponticelli was fit I'd be bringing him in for a shot at being the goalscorer Bakayoko needs a run in the team too.

Otis

Hiwula hits far too many straight at the keeper.

Two bad misses from him yesterday.

Otis

Yep, but some use his 500k tag to beat him with a stick over it.

larry_david

Weird thing is chaplin. I remember his first 3 games, he had two efforts beautifully drilled low from about 10-18 yards both ruled out for really really tight offside. Barnsley was one, the other was away somewhere. I remember thinking, that's what we have lacked, how unlucky is CC they were minorly offside. And since then it just hasn't happened

Otis

Weird thing is chaplin. I remember his first 3 games, he had two efforts beautifully drilled low from about 10-18 yards both ruled out for really really tight offside. Barnsley was one, the other was away somewhere. I remember thinking, that's what we have lacked, how unlucky is CC they were minorly offside. And since then it just hasn't happened
It's so annoying all round.

Thomas shoots when you don't want him to shoot and is reluctant to shoot when he really should shoot.

JCH, Chaplin and Hiwula have all been guilty of missing easy chances, or have hit shots that are far too close to the keeper.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

It is frustrating. My mate was asking me what Chaplin brings to the team (upset the lady in front, who thought he was picking on him, which I thought strange, as he wasn't shouting abuse at him - was just frustrated, but hey) We all want Chaplin to succeed (including my mate) but he clearly needs a target man to play off. Talking of which, did anyone else find it weird how their big centre forward Granduillet produced a 2/10 performance in the first half , then looked like a real player in the second half? Remarkable difference I thought.

Grendel

Looking at that, I don't think Chaplin touched it did he? At the time I thought he headed it wide, but he looks like he maybe misses the ball entirely.

As for their first, we have 1 City player marking 2 Blackpool attackers and 3 City players marking 1 Blackpool player. What the hell is going on there?

And Hyam is so weak there, so so weak. Made it easy for their striker. That' schoolboy stuff and embarrassing

Saying he didn’t touch the header is bizarre

Otis

Saying he didn’t touch the header is bizarre
Why?

At the time I said he headed it wide, but having listened to Robins saying it took a bad bounce and my not seeing any bad bounce at the time just made me wonder if it was just an awful bounce off the turf that made it change direction.

I was convinced he headed it when it happened and saw no bad bounce at the time.

Nothing bizarre in trying to second guess MR's comments.

Grendel

Why?

At the time I said he headed it wide, but having listened to Robins saying it took a bad bounce and my not seeing any bad bounce at the time just made me wonder if it was just an awful bounce off the turf that made it change direction.

I was convinced he headed it and saw no bad bounce at the time.

Nothing bizarre in trying to second guess MR's comments.

It would have gone out near the corner flag if he hadn’t touched it

larry_david

Should have showed some conviction and ran onto it on the side foot volley, good night 1-0. Instead he stood back and waited for the bounce *

*Only seen it once

Legia Sky Blue

When Chaplin joined us it was with the reputation of being a finisher in the Ponticelli mode, but with more experience and a better all round game. All players miss chances, however good they are, but for yesterdays chance I would have expected a 'natural' goalscorer to be more balanced in anticipation of being passed the ball, or to have thrown themselves at the ball, given that any half decent connection would have put it in the net from that close in.

Otis

When Chaplin joined us it was with the reputation of being a finisher in the Ponticelli mode, but with more experience and a better all round game. All players miss chances, however good they are, but for yesterdays chance I would have expected a 'natural' goalscorer to be more balanced in anticipation of being passed the ball, or to have thrown themselves at the ball, given that any half decent connection would have put it in the net from that close in.
Agree, but I think JCH's miss was just as bad.

Grendel

Agree, but I think JCH's miss was just as bad.

Clarke Harris was not ever considered an out and out goalscorer - Chaplin has only one purpose and that’s to score goals in and around the six yard box

Otis

Clarke Harris was not ever considered an out and out goalscorer - Chaplin has only one purpose and that’s to score goals in and around the six yard box
Fair enough and I agree, but both clearly should have scored there.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If Chaplin is a striker, then I’m the arch bishop of fucking Canterbury!

God bless you my son .

giphy.gif

Gazolba

Here's highlights that are viewable outside the UK:

Johnnythespider

It's a good ball in for the first goal but shouldn't we have a player on the posts who could come and deal with the second ball, as for the second just poor defending from a long ball straight down the middle.
Bounce, what bounce, Chaplin caught in 2 minds.

Otis

It's a good ball in for the first goal but shouldn't we have a player on the posts who could come and deal with the second ball, as for the second just poor defending from a long ball straight down the middle.
Bounce, what bounce, Chaplin caught in 2 minds.
He should have just used his instinct and not second guessed it.

That 2nd goal looks utterly dreadful. Hyam is very powder puff there.

Brighton Sky Blue

Otis he was missing sitters in his first games after signing. He needs to be pulled out of the fray for a few games and put to work scoring open goals in training. Maybe even work up to some tap ins.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Away at Bristol rovers. Completely forgot about both these but you’re spot on, I thought he looked unbelievably clinical from those two, so far is yet to transpire into his game. Hopeful it’ll come though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Otis he was missing sitters in his first games after signing. He needs to be pulled out of the fray for a few games and put to work scoring open goals in training. Maybe even work up to some tap ins.
Well I would agree, but he has been scoring lately and I think that is what is keeping him in the side.

Nick

Administrator
Well I would agree, but he has been scoring lately and I think that is what is keeping him in the side.

Wycombe he was anonymous apart from the penalty
Plymouth he was shocking apart from the free kick
Scunthorpe he had a simple header after the goalie made a mistake

The whole "scoring" thing so he has to play doesn't stack up, especially as Bakayoko came on against Charlton and changed the game by scoring 2 and then vanished again after. Hiwula scored when playing up front but keeps getting shifted out of the way.

Otis

Wycombe he was anonymous apart from the penalty
Plymouth he was shocking apart from the free kick
Scunthorpe he had a simple header after the goalie made a mistake

The whole "scoring" thing so he has to play doesn't stack up, especially as Bakayoko came on against Charlton and changed the game by scoring 2 and then vanished again after. Hiwula scored when playing up front but keeps getting shifted out of the way.
Just saying why I think Robins is doing it.

ceetee

I think it's because he was strongly identified with the signing of Chaplin but not of Bakayoko.
It's the same as people on here consistently giving highish ratings to some players and low to others based on their biased perceptions

Users who are viewing this thread