The good the bad and the ugly MK Dons stadium (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Most of these idiots not all but most are in their teens and twenties Johnny concrete types never really experienced proper hooliganism that was common place from the late sixties to the late eighties where going to football especially away games was bloody dangerous, you could be picked off and beaten up, hospitalised, didn’t matter if you had your kids with you or not, didn’t matter if you lost but if you won the prospect of a smack in the gob escalated. It’s also easy to be the tough guy at MK Dons with a fanny full of fans and no police might be a bit different should we get Millwall away and the Met police to contend with and the trouble is yesterday’s behaviour goes before us.

I think it's society in general, I started going out just towards the end of the old school bouncer. You give it loads to them and they drag you out the back and kick fuck out of you.

Nowadays you see the younger lads getting in their faces knowing that if they get touched they will try to sue the bar.

Nowadays the bouncers aren't old heads, they are young kids themselves

Saw it yesterday, kids trying to start a fight with stewards for no real reason. A smack in the mouth would have done the trick.

torchomatic

One of the security guys patted my pocket yesterday and said what's that and I told him it was a phone. He said a phone isn't that big so I unzipped the pocket and said you're right it's two phones. He just waved me through. These security people don't need to be confrontational.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Hope they get banned. If your parents allow you to grow up a chav,you'll never have respect for others. To say letting off steam because of what we've been through is plain crazy.
Some will behave like that every chance they're given.

Totally agree. Bad behaviour is constantly excused because "we are in league 2" or "we haven't had a top six finish since..."

There were some thick morons around us too yesterday. I can honestly say when I was their age and we used to go away we never acted like that. But as I said all teams have their fair share of pricks. Not sure how many would throw bottles at their fellow fans though.

Last edited:

wingy

Got to be honest I Lost it at HT going for a smoke, the chicane style barriers at the entrances to get through the bar areas was managed by about three stewards one who was getting a bit physical towards one or two.
Just caused a logjam but it gave my lungs a workout as the decibel level went up.

CJ_covblaze

That 1% really did let us down then.... A few fans on the pitch is a risk they take however the rest isn’t acceptable at all! How did so many flares get into the ground too, shouldn’t we be asking that question?

I’ll bring this up at the next IAG. There was no excuse to go on the pitch. As for the pyros if you turn up and stand next to the ultras in Stockholm or Belgrade you know what to expect. However they shouldn’t be appearing at Milton Keynes v Coventry City. A lady was injured by one recently.

Pyro (they’re also explosive detector) dogs have been spoken about but the issue is if the dog indicates one is present on a person they have to clear the whole area and potentially have a mass evacuation of the entire stadium as it could be something much more sinister.

Mcbean

The atmosphere was brilliant down to the so called morons.

anyone hurt yesterday? No
anyone fear for there lives? No

Did everyone enjoy the atmosphere? Yes

Good job you lot weren’t in the swan hotel before the game. People singing, having a good time and letting flares off.
No the atmosphere was great down to the majority - the morons made it less enjoyable for some of those including me

Otis

Good job you lot weren’t in the swan hotel before the game. People singing, having a good time and letting flares off.
I don't think everyone did enjoy it though. Certainly not all of it anyway. Some have already said on here that there are kids and wives who have now said they don't want to go again.

Because a flare narrowly missed the keeper, but didn't actually hit him that makes it okay?

A lot of people have said they enjoyed the majority of the day, but it was spoiled by a few.

You can't say it is acceptable for people pissing and it then running down the aisles. Can't be right for people to be throwing bottles either, plastic or not.

A plastic bottle hits you in the eye it can still do damage.

letsallsingtogether

I nearly got hurt.
Tripping over on of those stupid things sticking out of the ground on every row, what are they all about?
Then there was the slippery floor on the way in.

torchomatic

I'm sure those who got hit - or nearly hit - by bottles were having a good giggle about it.

Letting off flares in the Swan Hotel. You must be dead 'ard. I'm sure the landlord enjoyed clearing up the mess too.

clint van damme

pet hate of mine but they weren't flares they were smoke bombs!!

Flare

use-flare-gun-250x150.jpg

Smoke bomb

woman-holding-smoke-bomb-picture-id752174649

Otis

The 'anyone hurt' comment just doesn't make sense..

If kids decide to throw stones at a train but they all miss does that then mean it's okay?

If there was a slippy patch in a supermarket aisle and a few people slipped but didn't fall over and no-one was injured, should the supermarket just say it's okay not to clean it up?

If things keep being thrown, including smoke bombs, then someone obviously IS going to get hurt. Common sense and an accident waiting to happen.

clint van damme

I'm sure those who got hit - or nearly hit - by bottles were having a good giggle about it.

Letting off flares in the Swan Hotel. You must be dead 'ard. I'm sure the landlord enjoyed clearing up the mess too.
where do you even start with that sort of behaviour? It's not something that's exclusive to CCFC, I'm not sure it that's a good or bad thing. Cuntish behaviour of the highest order.

torchomatic

where do you even start with that sort of behaviour? It's not something that's exclusive to CCFC, I'm not sure it that's a good or bad thing. Cuntish behaviour of the highest order.

Yep, I presumed at first they were MK Done fans. Staggering it was our own.

Ashdown

Flares/smoke bombs in a hotel ?? I'm guessing they didn't have a smoke alarm/sprinkler system in place then ? If folk take it too far, then pubs ban away fans altogether.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Flares/smoke bombs in a hotel ?? I'm guessing they didn't have a smoke alarm/sprinkler system in place then ? If folk take it too far, then pubs ban away fans altogether.

If it was the hotel/pub next to Bletchley train station it was/had been closed on the way back sign saying private function (lights off and a about a dozen ‘regulars’ inside) walked past it when we arrived and didn’t go in as it looked rammed.

Liquid Gold

I do love the smoke bombs. They are common in a lot of the continual leagues without any trouble. I went the the Vienna derby and they only seemed concerned about these deafening noise bombs going off.

Bad language is one thing I don’t mind, I swear far too often so can’t criticise, but pissing everywhere and throwing stuff around is crossing a line.

Otis

I do love the smoke bombs. They are common in a lot of the continual leagues without any trouble. I went the the Vienna derby and they only seemed concerned about these deafening noise bombs going off.

Bad language is one thing I don’t mind, I swear far too often so can’t criticise, but pissing everywhere and throwing stuff around is crossing a line.
Yeah. Why throw a smoke bomb at their goalkeeper?

Sky Blue Pete

No that’s just bollox lurker. The atmosphere was made poorer by the idiots

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's such a shame that a small minority spoiled it. The right hand empty corner of the lower tier should have been full of city fans had MK given us the tickets which we undoubtedly would have sold but in view of what happened I'm inclined to accept now that the restriction on numbers was justified. Pitch invasions there took place a few years ago when we took around 7,000 there and won 3-1.
What annoys me most about the idiots on the pitch is that once they get past the stewards they don't seem to know what to do. They don't run towards the centre circle or towards the players. They just look back as if to say "Hello, I'm on the pitch, what shall I do now ?" Then they try and get back into the stand . How about just jumping up and down like the rest of us do ?.

torchomatic

Call me old fashioned but letting off pyrotechnics in an enclosed space with people all around is not an intelligent thing to do. And as you say away fans will be banned. Some were complaining they couldn't get tickets after the way Wolves fans behaved at MK. Well, what goes around comes around as they say.

Ashdown

I guess attitudes change with age, you become more aware of dangers and actions impacting on others. I followed City all over as a youngster through the eighties and went to some matches that before and after looked like a proper battlefield around the local area but wasn't really too perturbed by it all and accepted it as part of the scene..........these days however I'd be fairly horrified with it all, it's called growing up !

torchomatic

Rodders1

Give the fans a break great day, great result, yeah a few fans may of got carried away but so what after all the shit we’ve been through they can carried away as much as they like they will know the consequences but it’s up to them ain’t it, but moaning on this is hilarious about your own fans
You’re fucking wrong and deep down you know it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread