The good the bad and the ugly MK Dons stadium (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

The good - good view , nice seat and a little bit more room for my knees and a bit more room between me and the next fella - i am tall - anyone who went to Sixfields will know - and of course a Sky Blues victory

The bad - poor signage - to get to the right Upper area - very bad design of entrance - having queued at gate 3 - you are released into an area with an exit left - exit right and straight on through turnstyles - BUT are not fit for function with a 100 people with no idea where to go - seemed like every man for himself - scary for children . On exit which were very poorly marked the entrance to the stairs were incredibly narrow - if anyone tripped you suddenly have a crush - the steps near us were like ice - two guys albeit with some brew on board nearly went the full pisser.

The UGLY - Sky Blues fans crashing the queue to get on - ok not the end of the world but some language not required - a set of pissed up fans ( i am ok with this its a free country and a day out ) but they wanted to stand together in an area with 3 -4 seat there were 8 or 9 of them - not enough room not safe and of course because they were pissed up every 5 mins one had to go to the john and get the whole row to stand - On exit same team were matching fists in the concours - wankers - with our own fans - god knows what that was about

Ok i am a grumpy old man but bad behaviour not acceptable arseholes - Rant over

Londonccfcfan

Just unfortunate where you sat. There will always be a few Pratt’s who aren’t really interested in the football in an away following of that size.

smileycov

Facebook User
Seating signs were shocking. I sat aisle? 1 and was chaotic with double bookings. Couldn’t work out where seat was and wasn’t the only one. Saying that, the steward moved the netting and opened it up, then half time checked we was okay, apologised and shook my hand!! Cov stewards take note. Loved watching the chaos behind the goal though

Corrado

Iv said this on another thread but the fucking moronic fans throwing all manor of things - Iv just watched the footage of the goal filmed from behind the goal and at least 20+ bottles were thrown all over the fans!?! Why?!? I just dont get it - Im just glad I wasn't sat in that stand with my 5 year old - its things like that that make young kids not want to ever go again

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Overall I think the stadium MK is a better spec than the Ricoh. However, the scoreboards (the one that was working ) was a glorified ad hoarding that didn't show half times, didn't show names of substitutes . Getting out from the top tier took ages and though we don't have that luxury at the Ricoh it's easy to get out .
They seem to have two banks of boxes both of which go nearly all the way round the ground which i'm guessing would bring in a lot of revenue if they were a well supported club, but they aren't.
Bottle throwers : there were a lot of bottles reigning down from the top tier to those below. What on earth is the point. They're not glass but if a child got hit with one of those it would hurt like hell.

Nick

Administrator
Iv said this on another thread but the fucking moronic fans throwing all manor of things - Iv just watched the footage of the goal filmed from behind the goal and at least 20+ bottles were thrown all over the fans!?! Why?!? I just dont get it - Im just glad I wasn't sat in that stand with my 5 year old - its things like that that make young kids not want to ever go again
Yeah I'm glad I didn't take my daughter. Was no need for a lot of it, but obviously too much beer or stuff up their noses.

It was the 5 people trying to stand in one space as well even by people with kids.

rupert_bear

Those running on the pitch might regret it, all will be on film and I suspect a lot will be identified and brought to buck. Will they ever learn ? Okay others will say it was tame and just high jinks but going on the field of play is illegal especially with those blue flares I’m certain will be dealt with. I suspect an early morning knock on the door awaits.

letsallsingtogether

We were behind the goal on the lower tier about 3/4 of the way back.
Never saw any trouble did have to stand for the whole game as did 90% of the fans other then that no problems what so ever.

You really need to pick better seats;)

rupert_bear

We were behind the goal on the lower tier about 3/4 of the way back.
Never saw any trouble did have to stand for the whole game as did 90% of the fans other then that no problems what so ever.

You really need to pick better seats;)
Going back to cctv these cameras can count the spots on your chin and there are police in all forces who’s sole job is to go through these images, they are hot on anybody throwing objects onto the pitch I hope they nail them to be honest. I know someone who was identified and arrested for throwing a coin onto the pitch and was arrested about 3 months after at 6am on a Sunday morning fined and banned.

Otis

Going back to cctv these cameras can count the spots on your chin and there are police in all forces who’s sole job is to go through these images, they are hot on anybody throwing objects onto the pitch I hope they nail them to be honest. I know someone who was identified and arrested for throwing a coin onto the pitch and was arrested about 3 months after at 6am on a Sunday morning fined and banned.
Still 10 mins left of Sunday morning.

Just saying, like.

letsallsingtogether

Yes throwing things is unacceptable, and it will come back to haunt them.
Saying that I believe that FGR will eject you from the ground for entering with inflatables that are meat related.
Now that is a challange:)

steve82

Reading through it seems it was where you were sat, I was aisle 36 at the front by the corner flag.
Gate 3 I had no issue. Got in within 5 minutes of the gate opening, no issues with turnstiles or signage or seating.

I did see countless bottles thrown flairs, wrappers and a bobble hat! Brioche rolls... what bright spark thought of that, (tho they are out of date next weekend) give CCFC fans free missiles!!

Upon full time another pitch invasion which had a guy go onto the pitch all out to fight one steward, another fight between CCFC fans and a lone CCFC fan who was put back on his arse quick fire by the other lads three mates who quickly came down the stairs.

A old lady repeatedly belting a young lad with her handbag telling him to calm down... some things are hilarious looking back.

Overall my experience was fine, I knew what was coming should we of scored and many previous CCFC away days nothing fails to shock me

Otis

Yes throwing things is unacceptable, and it will come back to haunt them.
Saying that I believe that FGR will eject you from the ground for entering with inflatables that are meat related.
Now that is a challange:)
Will they let you in if you smell of fish?

rob9872

Our experience fine with my dad and daughter too, but we do have some chavvy gobshites that follow us. I thought their stewards were friendly and class but simply couldn't cope and needed more police presence. I get that some like a drink or 10, done it plenty myself in the past but they need to learn to know where the line is.

Otis

Our experience fine with my dad and daughter too, but we do have some chavvy gobshites that follow us. I thought their stewards were friendly and class but simply couldn't cope and needed more police presence. I get that some like a drink or 10, done it plenty myself in the past but they need to learn to know where the line is.
Yep and they have to understand there will be families there and there will be young children too.

If it was Block 15 at the Ricoh families and kids and old folk most likely wouldn't choose to sit there, but when we are away from home all our fans are compacted into one space and people don't have much at all where they can place themselves.

What's the point if you are scaring some of your own fans from wanting to go again?

rupert_bear

The only answer is for the authorities to identify as many as possible and make any arrests very public, now I’m not a member of the hang em and flog em brigade and I know the main reason going to footie is love of their club and if they see fans and mates banned they might think twice. That chap I know was banned for life from football matches for throwing that coin.

italiahorse

We had an idiot in front of us who insisted on standiing on the seats and shouting continuously 'Your fckuing sh1t" every time one of their players came near. Even though he was 10 rows back.
Then at the taxi rank a lady in a wheel chair who had been patiently waiting was pushed in front of by our fans when her taxi arrived.
When she said she had been waiting patiently a guy in his 50's threatened her carer.
A few of our party pointed out she was in a wheelchair and got threatened.

Otis

We had an idiot in front of us who insisted on standiing on the seats and shouting continuously 'Your fckuing sh1t" every time one of their players came near. Even though he was 10 rows back.
Then at the taxi rank a lady in a wheel chair who had been patiently waiting was pushed in front of by our fans when her taxi arrived.
When she said she had been waiting patiently a guy in his 50's threatened her carer.
A few of our party pointed out she was in a wheelchair and got threatened.
Absolute scum.

SkyBlueDom26

Give the fans a break great day, great result, yeah a few fans may of got carried away but so what after all the shit we’ve been through they can carried away as much as they like they will know the consequences but it’s up to them ain’t it, but moaning on this is hilarious about your own fans

CJ_covblaze

Always felt that the toilets are poorly designed. The queues are ridiculous. Another thing is the extra step on each row. Why is it there?

Otis

Give the fans a break great day, great result, yeah a few fans may of got carried away but so what after all the shit we’ve been through they can carried away as much as they like they will know the consequences but it’s up to them ain’t it, but moaning on this is hilarious about your own fans
You think people shouldn't moan about someone snatching a taxi off a disabled person then?

Fergusons_Beard

Don’t might booing at the MK dons corner takers but the bottles and paper? Just plain stoopid.

Mind you-both takers didn’t take their set pieces very well.

I suppose there’s a difference between hostility and trying to hurt someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Otis

Don’t might booing at the MK dons corner takers but the bottles and paper? Just plain stoopid.

Mind you-both takers didn’t take their set pieces very well.

I suppose there’s a difference between hostility and trying to hurt someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As someone has said, there's a line.

No problem with people jumping up and down and a few running on the pitch overexcited, but throwing bottles about when there are children and throwing flares at the goalkeeper is just not acceptable.

No-one is trying to stop anyone having fun, but there is a line.

Skyblueweeman

No, sorry. That's not an excuse for pissing down the terraces, threatening a wheelchair users carer, dropping the c-bomb every other word when there's kids within earshot, abusing stewards who are just doing their job, throwing bottles at players etc.

After all we've been through - it's fine to vent your anger on things like this...when it's pure anti-social behaviour, that's not on. 99% of our fans were amazing yesterday. The 1% are simply idiots.

Someone above said they wouldn't take their kids again. My wife said she wouldn't want to go again.

That 1% of fans yesterday have failed the club.

SkyBlueDom26

No, sorry. That's not an excuse for pissing down the terraces, threatening a wheelchair users carer, dropping the c-bomb every other word when there's kids within earshot, abusing stewards who are just doing their job, throwing bottles at players etc.

After all we've been through - it's fine to vent your anger on things like this...when it's pure anti-social behaviour, that's not on. 99% of our fans were amazing yesterday. The 1% are simply idiots.

Someone above said they wouldn't take their kids again. My wife said she wouldn't want to go again.

That 1% of fans yesterday have failed the club.
That 1% really did let us down then.... A few fans on the pitch is a risk they take however the rest isn’t acceptable at all! How did so many flares get into the ground too, shouldn’t we be asking that question?

Users who are viewing this thread