The final 8 - Can we do this ? (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

Preston away would be the only one that would worry me.

Never do well at Crewe? Pretty sure we beat them 6-1 a few years back. In 9 meetings we have beaten them once and drawn three times. Not brilliant, but we don't always do poorly.

Do you argue yourself to sleep at night? That was our only win at Crewe in our last ten games there! You've just said how poor our record is there.
Crewe have won 5 of the last nine at Gresty Road, with the other three being draws.
We must have different views on what doing well is?

Otis

Do you argue yourself to sleep at night? That was our only win at Crewe in our last ten games there! You've just said how poor our record is there.
Crewe have won 5 of the last nine at Gresty Road, with the other three being draws.
We must have different views on what doing well is?

In 9 visits, we have got something out of the game on 4 of those occasions. So in nearly half our visits there we have come away with something from the game. That is not that poor.

Didn't say we have done well, just that it is not that bad. We've only won once, yes, but a draw would mean penalties, so we don't necessarily have to beat them over 90 mins do we.

Our record isn't great, but it certainly isn't the 'never do well at Crewe' that you have alluded to.

We most certainly do have different views.

This our only chance to get to Wembley we're gonna have for a long time so we need to take it. Looking at the teams left, i think we can do this. All we gotta do is keep the faith, get behind our lads and let them do the rest. The Sky Blue Army are on the road to Wembley :D

skybluesteve76

In 9 visits, we have got something out of the game on 4 of those occasions. So in nearly half our visits there we have come away with something from the game. That is not that poor.

Didn't say we have done well, just that it is not that bad. We've only won once, yes, but a draw would mean penalties, so we don't necessarily have to beat them over 90 mins do we.

Our record isn't great, but it certainly isn't the 'never do well at Crewe' that you have alluded to.

We most certainly do have different views.

Yeah. My take on doing well is winning. All I can remember from Crewe is shocking performances(like this season) and defeats. I suppose I bit of its down to personal experience aswell. I've never seen us win there on at least four occasions.

Otis

No, I agree. But for me you look to win your home games and get a point on your travels. Wins away I feel are a bonus.

Our record isn't great at all there and there is a part of my saying 'It's only Crewe, we should be beating them' but at the same time I have to pinch myself and remember which division we are now in.

Otis

We are a different side now. MR has made us more difficult to beat and more organised.

spwaverley4916

stats - based on the last time we played those teams
Crewe – lost 1-0 (2012)
Bury 2-2 (2012) or
Preston lost 2-1 (2011) – last time we beat them was 2007
Bradford lost 1-0 (2003)

Northampton lost 1-0 (1990 FA Cup)or
L Orient won1-0 (2012)
Southend – 1-1 (2006)
Yeovil -1-1 (2012)
Oxford - won 1-0 (1987)

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
So we have done quite well against all the teams we cant actually play until the Final? Great ha-ha!

Users who are viewing this thread