The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (8 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shmmeee

I think we will have a strong bounce back this year... I have no idea to what expect overall and going into next year ...

Weve got to or the economy is proper fucked. I can’t see any way it’ll get back to the same levels, adding in trade barriers always shrinks your economy, that’s just basic trade.

Party politics aside, my one hope for Johnson in power was he’d spend to make us world class at ... something, electric cars, green energy, AI, space, pharma, anything. Sadly it seems he’s putting all that energy into his flat and old Dishy Rishi is keeping the purse strings tight.

I really don’t see how you make Brexit a success without any investment whatsoever.

Evo1883

But we’re talking about the huge disparity between the drop in EU exports and the rest. Not the overall picture.

Personally I think it’ll bounce back as a lot of people stockpiled and are still getting used to the forms, but that’s still Brexit.

We’ll see where it is this time next year. The pandemic makes all these discussions almost impossible.

Surely more to do with the amount of businesses and suppliers used between the European Union and UK as opposed to non EU due to proximity ..and nature of business being food (a huge amount perishable goods ) and drink

Also countries in lockdown in close proximity etc

shmmeee

Surely more to do with the amount of businesses and suppliers used betqeen the European Union and UK as opposed to non EU due to proximity ..and nature of business being food (a huge amount perishable goods ) and drink

All very good points I hadn’t considered.

Evo1883

All very good points I hadn’t considered.

Have I said something half decent in off topic
giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Surely more to do with the amount of businesses and suppliers used between the European Union and UK as opposed to non EU due to proximity ..and nature of business being food (a huge amount perishable goods ) and drink

Also countries in lockdown in close proximity etc

I agree about it likely to be a lot more food/perishables not being exported in comparison to non-EU but not sure about it just being a bigger market overall. It's a percentage change compared to the same metric isn't it, so the disparity in scale is considered in the calculation.

Evo1883

I agree about it likely to be a lot more food/perishables not being exported in comparison to non-EU but not sure about it just being a bigger market overall. It's a percentage change compared to the same metric isn't it, so the disparity in scale is considered in the calculation.

Listen , I'm out of good replies , I've had 1 this year so far and can't risk it again until atleast September

shmmeee

You’d assume as a percentage though that we send more non-perishables further abroad so a hit on perishables would hit the EU trade disproportionately

PVA

This is definitely what Leavers voted for 😂

"A NEW migration deal has been reached between the UK and India, allowing young people to live and work in each other’s countries.

Home Secretary Priti Patel has signed the Migration and Mobility Partnership with India’s foreign minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar today.

It will allow UK citizens aged 18-30 to study and work in India for up to 24 months, while Indian students and workers will be able to travel to the UK for the same length of time"

Grendel

"A NEW migration deal has been reached between the UK and India, allowing young people to live and work in each other’s countries.

Home Secretary Priti Patel has signed the Migration and Mobility Partnership with India’s foreign minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar today.

It will allow UK citizens aged 18-30 to study and work in India for up to 24 months, while Indian students and workers will be able to travel to the UK for the same length of time"

Agreed it’s a great idea

Evo1883

I have no problem whatsoever with this 🤷‍♂️

PVA

There’s nothing wrong with it in isolation. But…

1. For the majority of leavers the main driving factor was immigration. Having more Indians arrive in the country is not what they voted for. Far from it.
  2. If living and working abroad is so great…. Why make it harder to do that on the doorstep in Europe but make it easier to do it thousands of miles away in India? Can’t see many people taking that opportunity up. It'll very much be one way traffic.

Grendel

You think we’ll get a lot of British students choosing to visit India to study?

Don’t know. I would encourage it. It’s a great place from my experience

shmmeee

Don’t know. I would encourage it. It’s a great place from my experience

Their top ranked Uni is roughly the level of Loughborough. I can’t see them pulling many in who aren’t Indian TBH.

Now get an arrangement going with China or the US and you’re onto something, but Erasmus this ain’t.

Grendel

There’s nothing wrong with it in isolation. But…

1. For the majority of leavers the main driving factor was immigration. Having more Indians arrive in the country is not what they voted for. Far from it.
  2. If living and working abroad is so great…. Why make it harder to do that on the doorstep in Europe but make it easier to do it thousands of miles away in India? Can’t see many people taking that opportunity up.

How’s it hard to study in Europe? A friend of one of my children is going to France - no issue at all

I guess you don’t want more Indians as we know you just want dirty foreigners to wash your car and live in shite conditions and you give a pound tip and think it’s acceptable. This is about having quality educated people here regardless of where they are from but not just as they are cheap Labour from Europe.

I applaud it

shmmeee

How’s it hard to study in Europe? A friend of one of my children is going to France - no issue at all

I guess you don’t want more Indians as we know you just want dirty foreigners to wash your car and live in shite conditions and you give a pound tip and think it’s acceptable. This is about having quality educated people here regardless of where they are from but not just as they are cheap Labour from Europe.

I applaud it

It’s a student visa arrangement, as soon as they’re “highly educated” they have to leave.

Grendel

It’s a student visa arrangement, as soon as they’re “highly educated” they have to leave.

Well I don’t know. I can say I’ve had in the last few years some Indian colleagues who obtained visas worked with me and have remained here and remain a good asset. I fail to see anyone voting for Brexit bothered and PVA thinks these will be permanent residents

shmmeee

Well I don’t know. I can say I’ve had in the last few years some Indian colleagues who obtained visas worked with me and have remained here and remain a good asset. I fail to see anyone voting for Brexit bothered and PVA thinks these will be permanent residents

That’s lovely, but by definition has nothing to do with this news story.

We are going to give more away on immigration from India though, it’s the only thing we’ve got that they want.

I don’t think anyone who voted Brexit will be bothered, people with immigration concerns don’t tend to care about student immigrants and immigrations concerns generally have cratered post 2016.

PVA

I applaud it

It's hilarious how you try and paint me as some sort of racist when you clearly despise Europeans. French and Germans seem to take the brunt of your ire.

If you think it's a good thing that's fine but like I said plenty of Leavers will not like this news.

And again, it's a poor substitute for ERASMUS, I'm sure you will agree

skybluetony176

The only thing this story proves is that we have less power out the EU than in the EU. The U.K. government had repeatedly vetoed EU/India trade proposals on the basis of visa relaxations for India. We’re now about to give away more control to India than was ever proposed as EU members.

skybluetony176

I see Boris is claiming that Brexit is to thank for U.K. clubs pulling out of the ESL. Only problem is that the week before the ESL was announced Ed Woodward CEO of Man U had a meeting with Boris and one of his aides at Downing Street and reportedly left that meeting under the impression that he had the government’s backing to join the ESL. Only for Boris (as Michael Hestletine pointed out) to look at which way the crowd was going before running in front of them and say follow me.

skybluetony176

Look no one who voted leave because 82M Turks were coming when they join the EU is going to be upset at the prospect of 1.3B Indians arriving.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I see that famous French diplomacy is in full effect..... planned port blockades of Jersey at dawn and some government monsieur suggesting they could cut the electricity to the island....

....they'll probably be burning sheep by Friday....

...and our pragmatic response.....send a fecking war ship to patrol.....:ROFLMAO:😂

Philosorapter

Nothing like a small hint of war with France to mobilize people on the eve of an election ;)

PVA

Bit of jingoistic nonsense on the eve of an election.

Clever from the tories. This will play well with their crowd.

skybluetony176

Return to military action in Europe is project here.

We hold all the cards. Just on fishing then we never took back control of our waters as promised, we never retained access to market as promised, we’ve lost access to waters meaning the cod fleet is tied up despite promises that wouldn’t happen and now we’re sending gunboats to defend ourselves against unarmed fishing boats from France. Going well isn’t it?

shmmeee

Someone in the comments saying that's part of some historical re-enactment thing they do for tourists there, are we sure it's fishing related?

Users who are viewing this thread